Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience of a parcel motel locker not opening?ive contacted their support email as they don't seem to have a phone number. Raging as I went out of my way to collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience of a parcel motel locker not opening?ive contacted their support email as they don't seem to have a phone number. Raging as I went out of my way to collect it

Parcel Motel Head Office
    Unit C1
    North City Business Park,
    North Road,
    Dublin 11, D11 RW30,
    Ireland

Phone: 076 888 6677

https://parcelmotel.com/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

So it doesn't cost you an absolute fortune, dial their landline - 01-8835400 and option 4.

Thank you all will give them a ring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you have a credit card set up on the account to automatically deduct payments?

If so it might be worth removing it until the issue is resolved.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you have a credit card set up on the account to automatically deduct payments?

If so it might be worth removing it until the issue is resolved.

I do indeed i will be having a word with them about it

• Registered Users Posts: 82,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are you sure you are at the right storage location, could there be 2 in the town you are in and you are at the wrong one?

Are you sure you are at the right storage location, could there be 2 in the town you are in and you are at the wrong one?

I've had that issue once before. They delivered to another location that isn't my preferred one, but is about the same distance from my house.

Thought I was going crazy, finally realised I was at the wrong place!

No I can hear the locker door trying to open, they are now aware of the issue and are going to sort it.

Thanks for the number guys. I'm dying of a flu and on mobile so had difficulty finding one. Much appreciated

• Advertisement

Interesting bargain!

I knew the bargain alerts guys would be able to help, thanks all once again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Hi all

yes its happened to me - use the QR code on the email rather than the text code provided and it should work

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

No I can hear the locker door trying to open, they are now aware of the issue and are going to sort it.

Thanks for the number guys. I'm dying of a flu and on mobile so had difficulty finding one. Much appreciated

Make sure you keep checking with them every few days OP! They'll add credit to your account if you ask so that you're not paying a delivery charge again.

On a side note, the same thing happened to me in April this year. The locker door was jammed and was told they'd get someone out to fix it. Took FIVE WEEKS (the last two of which were spent forwarding old tickets to their support desk, submitting a new one daily, phoning them and tweeting them daily) before they finally told me via DM on Twitter that "a claim has been approved for you" i.e. a refund for my parcel. They never told me what happened to it or the door :confused::confused:

...Fast forward to July and I get a text on my phone late at night saying I had a parcel ready for collection, despite not having ordering anything. I go over the next day and lo and behold it was my flippin parcel from April!! No explanation, nothing!

At least it meant my item was free in the end.. only had to wait four months for it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Quackster wrote: »
    This is it in a nutshell. If I was getting a delivery I wouldn't be home to collect, I'd contact the courier company delivering it to have them hold it at their local depot for me to collect it there.

Makes no sense having one courier company deliver to the depot of another courier company for collection at extra expense.

Vaguely on topic, but I recently ordered something off Next which was due to be delivered by Nightline, they sent a text saying if I wasn't home I could redirect it to my PM, which I did, and it worked well (though I did have to wait an extra 2 days after expected delivery date for it to pop up ready for collection)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Vaguely on topic, but I recently ordered something off Next which was due to be delivered by Nightline, they sent a text saying if I wasn't home I could redirect it to my PM, which I did, and it worked well (though I did have to wait an extra 2 days after expected delivery date for it to pop up ready for collection)

No charge I presume?

Onity wrote: »
    Make sure you keep checking with them every few days OP! They'll add credit to your account if you ask so that you're not paying a delivery charge again.

On a side note, the same thing happened to me in April this year. The locker door was jammed and was told they'd get someone out to fix it. Took FIVE WEEKS (the last two of which were spent forwarding old tickets to their support desk, submitting a new one daily, phoning them and tweeting them daily) before they finally told me via DM on Twitter that "a claim has been approved for you" i.e. a refund for my parcel. They never told me what happened to it or the door :confused::confused:

...Fast forward to July and I get a text on my phone late at night saying I had a parcel ready for collection, despite not having ordering anything. I go over the next day and lo and behold it was my flippin parcel from April!! No explanation, nothing!

At least it meant my item was free in the end.. only had to wait four months for it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They credited my account with the delivery charge but I'm weary if they'll actually deliver it now going by your post! I'll keep alert to it cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I can't log in or change my password. Really weird as I use a password manager so I know it hasn't been changed. When I try to choose "Forgot your Password" it just sends me back to the log in screen and I don't receive any emails or texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Had a parcel wizard delivery misdelivered to Parcel Motel, seems to be a regular occurrence judging by posts online. Does anyone know what the current procedure is? Do they eventually swap them when they have a pile? I am getting nowhere with nightline, dpd or hermes support.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Want to order food supplements (COD liver oil) from Amazon and they won’t deliver because the item is restricted or some crap.

Does anyone know if there’ll be an issue using it through PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Want to order food supplements (COD liver oil) from Amazon and they won’t deliver because the item is restricted or some crap.

Does anyone know if there’ll be an issue using it through PM?

SHould be ok, I order things like expanding foam, aerosols, paints, liquids , sealants etc. that way all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Reminder - Parcel motel goes ape**** from now until about the 7th of Jan, sh1t will go missing, sh1t will get delayed, phones will not be answered. Resume shopping in mid Jan and dont be moaning. Happy xmas.

My order is still sitting in their depot, I used to get my order the next day but now its been 2 days and still no pin

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aslamshaun

Hello

I returned a parcel to Samsung Ireland, Dublin 12 using Parcel Motel in last week week. I checked the tracker on PM's website and I can find this:

27/11/2019 22:45:47 DUBLIN Hub In
    27/11/2019 17:44:33 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN Outbound
    27/11/2019 00:26:13 PM Cust Sent
    26/11/2019 19:16:16 PM Cust Stored

Its been 8 days and the last update is Hub in DUBLIN. I called them up, still no use. The delivery localion is in Dublin 12 that does not need 8 days. Anyone has any idea whats going on?

Thanks

aslamshaun wrote: »
    Hello

I returned a parcel to Samsung Ireland, Dublin 12 using Parcel Motel in last week week. I checked the tracker on PM's website and I can find this:

27/11/2019 22:45:47 DUBLIN Hub In
    27/11/2019 17:44:33 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN Outbound
    27/11/2019 00:26:13 PM Cust Sent
    26/11/2019 19:16:16 PM Cust Stored

Its been 8 days and the last update is Hub in DUBLIN. I called them up, still no use. The delivery localion is in Dublin 12 that does not need 8 days. Anyone has any idea whats going on?

Thanks

I've no idea but I had a pretty bad experience with pm recently, delayed my package a month.

I would ring them, and if they don't sort it in a week ring again and say you want to make a claim for a missing parcel. Only way I got them to do anything was when I raised a claim. Oh and don't contact on twitter as they don't respond

I've no idea but I had a pretty bad experience with pm recently, delayed my package a month.

I would ring them, and if they don't sort it in a week ring again and say you want to make a claim for a missing parcel. Only way I got them to do anything was when I raised a claim. Oh and don't contact on twitter as they don't respond

Thanks mate for the help. I called them Nightline and they said "It must be somewhere in our warehouse, we need to look for it". I almost lost my cool after hearing this unreasonable excuse. I asked them to deliver it asap. They said they logged a warehouse search for my package and asked me to wait for 48hrs. If I do not hear anythting back, i will ring them back again next monday.

Did you finally receive your package?

I still do not know why companies like Samsing uses these poor delivery companies as their logistics partner.

Thanks mate for the help. I called them Nightline and they said "It must be somewhere in our warehouse, we need to look for it". I almost lost my cool after hearing this unreasonable excuse. I asked them to deliver it asap. They said they logged a warehouse search for my package and asked me to wait for 48hrs. If I do not hear anythting back, i will ring them back again next monday.

Did you finally receive your package?

I still do not know why companies like Samsing uses these poor delivery companies as their logistics partner.

I did - after a month of waiting and only after I said I wanted to raise a claim

I did - after a month of waiting and only after I said I wanted to raise a claim
    What are the procedures for opening a claim?

What are the procedures for opening a claim?

I told them over the phone and she told me to email them

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

How does PM handle multiple amazon shipping? Any alternative cost effective way to buy multiple items from amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

ebayissues wrote: »
    How does PM handle multiple amazon shipping?
    They treat them (and charge for) separately.
    ebayissues wrote: »
    Any alternative cost effective way to buy multiple items from amazon?
    I'm afraid not. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know what PM are like with vapes? Just bought the old man a cigar vape for christmas, UK shipping only so used PM without a second thought

Amazon has a thing on the item page where age verification is required for delivery, so I'm thinking something will flag for PM

Advertisement