Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anyone know what PM are like with vapes? Just bought the old man a cigar vape for christmas, UK shipping only so used PM without a second thought

Amazon has a thing on the item page where age verification is required for delivery, so I'm thinking something will flag for PM

check their T&Cs to see if they are allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

whiterebel wrote: »
    check their T&Cs to see if they are allowed.

All I could find was they don't allow age restricted stuff, nothing specific to vapes which I was surprised at and why I posted here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Is there much of a delay with Parcel Motel at the moment? Need to order something from Amazon but want it ASAP. Trying to decide between PM and Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭SteM

I had 2 orders checked in to the depot, one on 11/12 and the other on 13/12. I hadn't gotten a notification by yesterday morning so I rang them and the items were put into the lockers this morning. I'll be avoiding PM for the next couple of weeks to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Is there much of a delay with Parcel Motel at the moment? Need to order something from Amazon but want it ASAP. Trying to decide between PM and Parcel Wizard.

Pm 1 day later than normal. But expected that this time of year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

SteM wrote: »
    I had 2 orders checked in to the depot, one on 11/12 and the other on 13/12. I hadn't gotten a notification by yesterday morning so I rang them and the items were put into the lockers this morning. I'll be avoiding PM for the next couple of weeks to be honest.

I think they have gotten worse after the acquisition but I will keep using them, just have the address saved everywhere possible

Before UPS took them over if a delivery was picked up until 6 pm it would have been in the locker by 10-11pm (always)

Nowadays its the next day if not later - definitely gotten worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone have a good number to contact PM on regarding the delays?

On the website it said to expect delays, when I was ordering. However, it said to expect up to 48 hours. It's now the sixth day that my parcel has been sitting at the Dublin depot. They now have four parcels belonging to me. It's beyond a joke.

Seems impossible to get a response from them too. Tried Twitter and email so I really need to get them on the phone. Hopefully I get some joy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭SteM

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Anyone have a good number to contact PM on regarding the delays?

On the website it said to expect delays, when I was ordering. However, it said to expect up to 48 hours. It's now the sixth day that my parcel has been sitting at the Dublin depot. They now have four parcels belonging to me. It's beyond a joke.

Seems impossible to get a response from them too. Tried Twitter and email so I really need to get them on the phone. Hopefully I get some joy there.

076 8886677 worked for me during the week. They didn't reply to any mails I sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭914

Are nightline still running parcel motel? I currently have an item that is `Depot inbound Package`since the 17th Dec and still no sign of it in my collection point. If its nightline I can call to the local depot as location is down as WAT, which is Waterford

I've ordered three sepreate items which were all due to arrive no later than the 16th Dec, they all arrived at PM on the 16th but I have only received one parcel to date which I have never expereinced before, normally once it arrived with PM, I would have it the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

914 wrote: »
    Are nightline still running parcel motel? I currently have an item that is `Depot inbound Package`since the 17th Dec and still no sign of it in my collection point. If its nightline I can call to the local depot as location is down as WAT, which is Waterford

I've ordered three sepreate items which were all due to arrive no later than the 16th Dec, they all arrived at PM on the 16th but I have only received one parcel to date which I have never expereinced before, normally once it arrived with PM, I would have it the next day

Nightline/UPS but its falling apart same for the courier end of things cant get drivers. Wont pay them enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭914

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Nightline/UPS but its falling apart same for the courier end of things cant get drivers. Wont pay them enough.

Great. Sounds like tomorrow will be great fun trying to track down my two parcels

I called last week and was told that the delay in deliver of my three parcels was because there was no space in the lockers. They were all essentially in a queue waiting. I was extremely frustrated but thought at least it was some sort of reasonable excuse.

Then, another parcel of mine arrive at the depot but was however delivered to the locker within a day. So clearly, there's no queue at all and I just stupidly accepted that excuse.

Called back today and got a different rep who all but admitted I was lied to. Said there may well be a queue bit there's basically no order in how they're sending them out now. Just grab one for Ardee and away!

They told me I more than likely will not get my parcels now. All Christmas presents so I'm left scrambling for an answer at this stage in December. I'm so annoyed with them.

Asked what the situation was with getting a refund and the girl seemed stunned. Ultimately it's just a case of sending your deposit receipts to them via email and hoping.

I've had two AddressPal deliveries get to me with issue since this fiasco started. I'll never use PM again going forward. My first parcel is with them for over a week and it's radio silence from them.

I hope you all get sorted for Christmas and are not inconvenienced too much. I'm lucky that the presents are for friends, family and fiancee, but they will understand. Would be an awful situation to be putting parents in, if the deliveries are for Santy presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I had a parcel arrive in the North first thing Friday morning and still haven't received an email to say it's been checked into the Dublin Depot. This is definitely the worst I've seen them. All other Christmas it's been an extra day or two max.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Cork Amber Oil was out of order yeasterday so anyone using that can probably expect delays as parcels would not have been collected so no space to place parcels.

I have 4 outstanding, definitely biggest delays since 2012/2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've never seen this thread so quite. Imagine it's down to people wising up & not using it this time of year, especially this close to Christmas.

Personally I have never had any issues with the service but I have always avoided it from Dec 1 to Jan 31.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I've never seen this thread so quite. Imagine it's down to people wising up & not using it this time of year, especially this close to Christmas.

I have no issue with delays really its the random order they process things in as others have said there's no order to how they allocate from waiting parcels to the motel. Two parcels that arrived yesterday were stored today. While the outstanding ones arrived last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

is it possible to collect your parcel in dublin depot today?

if you get the email that it has arrived but not on any lockers yet or does that only work for big packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

No delays for me at all this year. 8 parcels made it to NI and into my locker in Wicklow within the normal time(s) of past PMs, all over the last two weeks.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I have no issue with delays really its the random order they process things in as others have said there's no order to how they allocate from waiting parcels to the motel. Two parcels that arrived yesterday were stored today. While the outstanding ones arrived last week.

Size of each parcel is a consideration too. A small parcel can go into any locker, a medium into medium & large lockers but a large only into large lockers. So it's easy to see how some parcels might pass out others in the queue, depending on size.

Quackster wrote: »
    Size of each parcel is a consideration too. A small parcel can go into any locker, a medium into medium & large lockers but a large only into large lockers. So it's easy to see how some parcels might pass out others in the queue, depending on size.

I've four items, exact same size locker required (Xbox games or Christmas cards) yet the order is all over the place. The ones that have been at the depot over a week haven't moved, yet the latest two were sent to the lockers.

It's a mess of a system, if there is one. Anything delayed should be prioritised.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if they're back working tomorrow? I raised a ticket but up to Xmas Eve heard nothing so going to have to put a few hours aside and ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

aaronm13 wrote:
    Does anyone know if they're back working tomorrow? I raised a ticket but up to Xmas Eve heard nothing so going to have to put a few hours aside and ring them.

Yeah, meant to be open tomorrow, so I was told at depot on Tuesday.

gman2k wrote: »
    Yeah, meant to be open tomorrow, so I was told at depot on Tuesday.

Thanks, I'll try my luck on the phone so.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I've four items, exact same size locker required (Xbox games or Christmas cards) yet the order is all over the place. The ones that have been at the depot over a week haven't moved, yet the latest two were sent to the lockers.

It's a mess of a system, if there is one. Anything delayed should be prioritised.

Ideally, yes. But if there's a backlog, it's not uncommon for postal/courier companies to adopt a last-in-first-out policy as it's logistically easier.

Quackster wrote: »

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt on that too but the last parcel I received was a tiny envelope with printer ink and was stored in the largest locker available so its definitely not systematic.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt on that too but the last parcel I received was a tiny envelope with printer ink and was stored in the largest locker available so its definitely not systematic.

Small parcels probably make up most of the volume (and backlog) so it makes sense to put these in bigger lockers when there is available capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

will there be locker deliveries today? i'm expecting a parcel but still not stored in the locker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Packages checked in today but can't top up with PayPal for some reason.

My parcel saga continues I eventually went to the Cork depot and managed to extract one of my parcels from them it wouldn't scan they say so it was just left in a pile indefinitely.

Then another one of my parcels appeared on the tracking system missing since 16th December and is now sitting in Dublin with the status 'parcel motel label expired' wtf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Are these folks working? Parcel arrived at the depot yesterday and still not delivered to the locker. More interestingly maybe, is there a way to go collect it at the depot myself? I live something like 10 minutes away from the Dublin depot...

Advertisement