Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Are these folks working? Parcel arrived at the depot yesterday and still not delivered to the locker. More interestingly maybe, is there a way to go collect it at the depot myself? I live something like 10 minutes away from the Dublin depot...

You can go and collect it if its not already on the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

How's it going. I was hoping someone could help me wit this because I'm at my wits end with these people. I'm wondering if there is somewhere I can report them to or what action I can take against them. It'll be a slightly longer post so apologies.

I was sent a parcel from Dallas on December 9th. It didn't have a PMID on it so I called and told them. They took the tracking number (UPS), details of the parcel etc.. and told me they'd get on to me when it arrived.

The parcel arrived on December 12th and was signed for by them. I called on December 13th and they ummed and ahhed about it on the phone. Took the details again and said they'd be back to me. A couple of days passed and nothing. So, I called back and went through the process again. This time they told me to send an email too.

This went on until December 23rd when they finally located the parcel. Sent me the picture via email and listed it as "in transit" on my Parcel Motel account page. Being so close to Christmas they said it would be a few days. Fair enough.

28th comes and still no sign. Called again. They said they never sent it but they would get on it now. Still didn't show up. Called again on the 30th. Was told they were closed over New Years but I'd definitely have it the morning of Thursday January 2nd. Never shows up that morning. I called and they said it would be there that evening. Never shows up. Called again on Friday morning. I was told it would definitely be there on Friday. Again it never shows up.

I've been calling today but getting a message that all the operators are busy every time.

Every time I call I get them same spiel. The parcel needed to be matcehd to my account and they would do that right now (as in while I was speaking to them) and send the parcel immediately.

I've been polite and patient with these people all along the way. I expected a delay because of the PMID not being on the parcel in the first place. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt with the 11 day delay between them taking the parcel in and finally e-mailing me with the picture to say it would be delivered. They also charged my account for delivery immediately.

It's been another 12 days since then, though. Every time I call I get the same lie and same false promise of delivery. I know they have the parcel as I've seen the picture.

There seems little point in calling again (although I will) just to get the same nonsense and lies from them again promising delivery.

Going to the depot is not an option for me just for the record.

It took 3 days for the parcel to get from Texas to Dublin. It's taken them over 3 weeks and they haven't managed to deliver it to another Dublin address.

If anyone can advise me what I might do I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

SwdDub wrote: »
    How's it going. I was hoping someone could help me wit this because I'm at my wits end with these people. I'm wondering if there is somewhere I can report them to or what action I can take against them. It'll be a slightly longer post so apologies.

I was sent a parcel from Dallas on December 9th. It didn't have a PMID on it so I called and told them. They took the tracking number (UPS), details of the parcel etc.. and told me they'd get on to me when it arrived.

The parcel arrived on December 12th and was signed for by them. I called on December 13th and they ummed and ahhed about it on the phone. Took the details again and said they'd be back to me. A couple of days passed and nothing. So, I called back and went through the process again. This time they told me to send an email too.

This went on until December 23rd when they finally located the parcel. Sent me the picture via email and listed it as "in transit" on my Parcel Motel account page. Being so close to Christmas they said it would be a few days. Fair enough.

28th comes and still no sign. Called again. They said they never sent it but they would get on it now. Still didn't show up. Called again on the 30th. Was told they were closed over New Years but I'd definitely have it the morning of Thursday January 2nd. Never shows up that morning. I called and they said it would be there that evening. Never shows up. Called again on Friday morning. I was told it would definitely be there on Friday. Again it never shows up.

I've been calling today but getting a message that all the operators are busy every time.

Every time I call I get them same spiel. The parcel needed to be matcehd to my account and they would do that right now (as in while I was speaking to them) and send the parcel immediately.

I've been polite and patient with these people all along the way. I expected a delay because of the PMID not being on the parcel in the first place. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt with the 11 day delay between them taking the parcel in and finally e-mailing me with the picture to say it would be delivered. They also charged my account for delivery immediately.

It's been another 12 days since then, though. Every time I call I get the same lie and same false promise of delivery. I know they have the parcel as I've seen the picture.

There seems little point in calling again (although I will) just to get the same nonsense and lies from them again promising delivery.

Going to the depot is not an option for me just for the record.

It took 3 days for the parcel to get from Texas to Dublin. It's taken them over 3 weeks and they haven't managed to deliver it to another Dublin address.

If anyone can advise me what I might do I'd appreciate it.

I had an awful experience with pm recently and didnt get any resolution until I threatened them with making a claim for my lost parcel. Lo and behold it lands next day. Might be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

You can go and collect it if its not already on the van.

I actually managed to "extract" it on Saturday - it was still sitting in the depot. Apparently there's an issue with robberies at my local lockers, so they don't deliver during the night anymore (in the past I did sometimes get the text "your parcel is ready for collection at 11pm or even midnight).

Still doesn't explain why the parcel was sitting in the depot two days after it arrived there. Two days is two morning deliveries, if I'm looking at it from the correct planet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

I had an awful experience with pm recently and didnt get any resolution until I threatened them with making a claim for my lost parcel. Lo and behold it lands next day. Might be worth a try

First of all, thanks for the reply. This worked.

I told them I'd be making a claim against them and within 2 hours the parcel was delievered. This was after them having it for 24 days prior.

That, IMO, is a really sad state of affairs. I'm generally forgiving of a mistake or a single bad experience and I've had stuff delivered from them plenty of times before with no hassle. This was so terrible, drawn out and ridiculously inept I'd find it hard to recommend them to anyone. If something goes wrong they don't bother to try amend it unless you threaten them. Not a great business model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

I'm having an issue with a parcel I returned to Amazon via PM on the 2nd of January. The value of the item is €350. Since the 3rd it's been stuck on "outbound" according to their website.

I rang them today and they told me it never left the warehouse so they're searching for it at the moment and will get back to me. What really annoys me is that they never do get back to you and it's the customer to has to do the chasing.

Just wondering what recourse I have in the event they've lost it?

Thanks

magoo84 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with a parcel I returned to Amazon via PM on the 2nd of January. The value of the item is €350. Since the 3rd it's been stuck on "outbound" according to their website.

I rang them today and they told me it never left the warehouse so they're searching for it at the moment and will get back to me. What really annoys me is that they never do get back to you and it's the customer to has to do the chasing.

Thanks

Like I've said in previous posts threaten them with a claim for the value of the item. That'll soon get them looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Thanks

Did you purchase extended liability with PM for the item?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I told them I'd be making a claim against them and within 2 hours the parcel was delievered. This was after them having it for 24 days prior.

That, IMO, is a really sad state of affairs. I'm generally forgiving of a mistake or a single bad experience and I've had stuff delivered from them plenty of times before with no hassle. This was so terrible, drawn out and ridiculously inept I'd find it hard to recommend them to anyone. If something goes wrong they don't bother to try amend it unless you threaten them. Not a great business model.
    Like I've said in previous posts threaten them with a claim for the value of the item. That'll soon get them looking for it

How do you make a claim against ParcelMotel?

I've had a lot of packages (normal and oversize) delivered by ParcelMotel over the years and never much of an issue but since Christmas had a terrible experience.
    - Low value item delivered to their depot on 17th Dec with picture of same received.
    - Email and text received on 18th stating I could collect my parcel from a delivery van that would be somewhat local between the hours of 11:00 and 19:00. I arrive at 18:30 to find driver had already left which was confirmed by the attendant in the service station.
    - Email and text received on 19th stating I could collect item from my delivery locker. I collect but discover my name and PM address number on someone else's packet (similar sized item). Their name and PM address was also on the packet.
    - Over the space of 3 weeks and 13 emails later ParcelMotel finally credited my account with the value of my packet but it was some chore and I had to do all the chasing and it took over 10 days just to get a response despite multiple emails (used different subjects to ensure they didn't all get treated under the one ticket)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Parcel motel says you cannot have liquids deliverd. Does that exclude perfumes and aftershaves?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

No, they're liquid too

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I sent a parcel to the uk for xmas that included liquids. No issues

can perfume come through an post now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Is anyone having an issue with Ebay and address formatting?

I have my PM ID after my name - sometimes sellers aren't seeing it and are posting goods with no PM ID on the label. Despite a "message to seller" being included on the Paypal payment outlining what exactly they need to write on the parcel.

Thanks. How does one file a claim against them, and with who?

Thanks. How does one file a claim against them, and with who?

Ring them and tell them, they'll ask you to email them then - attach invoice for item to email

First of all, thanks for the reply. This worked.

I'd second this. They seem to operate in a totally reactive way. Ideally their own systems should automatically flag parcels stuck at a certain stage inbound/outbound but they leave it to the customer to tell them instead.

I've had similar experiences like this with DPD, Fastway and An Post as well. It all just smacks of "we can't be ar**d, we've got your money now"

PM got back to me anyway and said they can't find the parcel, so they're offering to give me €100. No explanation as to what could've happened to it. I was thinking of lodging a claim in the small claims court against PM because checking on their social media channels, this seems to be a regular occurence. Do you think I'd have a leg to stand on?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I sent a parcel to the uk for xmas that included liquids. No issues

They'll deliver liquids no bother but if a bottle breaks, it's on you for breaking the rules and you'll have no recourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

PM got back to me anyway and said they can't find the parcel, so they're offering to give me €100. No explanation as to what could've happened to it. I was thinking of lodging a claim in the small claims court against PM because checking on their social media channels, this seems to be a regular occurence. Do you think I'd have a leg to stand on?

What was the value of your item and was it a locker or home delivery.
    I had a lot of work and serious chasing to do to get them to refund the value of an item they lost on me, all they were offering in means of compensation was 10% of the value. Item was low value but not sure what I could do with a higher value parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you do, remember that they can bring up the fact that they offer insurance, which wasn't taken out. What people forget is that freight companies and couriers provide a transport service, they don't insure it.(Some do to a small amount) At €25 for the SCC case for €350 it would be worth it, though.

The parcel showed up on Royal Mail's tracking today at last, so crisis averted.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Quackster wrote: »
    They'll deliver liquids no bother but if a bottle breaks, it's on you for breaking the rules and you'll have no recourse.

Didn't send glass bottles. Only red lemonade

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PM rules "LIQUIDS unless adequately packed to contain any leakage"

rubadub wrote: »
    PM rules "LIQUIDS unless adequately packed to contain any leakage"

That means perfume can be ordered? surely the seller would pack it not to leak

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭SteM

I've ordered from notino plenty of times and thers never been an issue with parcel motel once. PM know what's in it too because notino use their own boxes with their name plastered over it.

SteM wrote: »
    I've ordered from notino plenty of times and thers never been an issue with parcel motel once. PM know what's in it too because notino use their own boxes with their name plastered over it.

If paying with paypal does the seller get your address home address from paypal

Also i paid for something online and gave a yahoo email address for the track and trace email as i did not want to give my eircom one in case they would add it to spam

When i got the track and trace it gave both and said paid with paypal email XXXXXX@eircom.net
    So that means my eircom email was know to the trader?

depends on the prefume. Some are flammable and/or have excise duty

rubadub wrote: »
    depends on the prefume. Some are flammable and/or have excise duty
    how would you know which is flammable ? No excise from the Uk is there?

• Advertisement

No excise from the Uk is there?
    Not sure how it works these days, here are some old comments

https://twitter.com/parcelmotel/status/432547674471288832?lang=en

Advertisement