Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

from https://www.notino.co.uk/

Order paid with PayPal will be sent to the address in your PayPal account. For security reasons, it is not possible to change the delivery address after ordering. So you have to by bredit card

That means the company have your cc details. Not notino specifally just any company

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rubadub wrote: »
    Not sure how it works these days, here are some old comments

https://twitter.com/parcelmotel/status/432547674471288832?lang=en

There's no excuse duty on perfume and no restriction on postal deliveries from another EU or non-EU country.

Indeed the EU customs duty rate for perfume is 0%, which makes the notion of buying perfume in an airport 'duty-free' rather absurd.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Quackster wrote: »
    There's no excuse duty on perfume and no restriction on postal deliveries from another EU or non-EU country.

Indeed the EU customs duty rate for perfume is 0%, which makes the notion of buying perfume in an airport 'duty-free' rather absurd.

Perfume is usually alcohol based and therefore subject to Excise duty. This also makes it flammable. Liquids, and particularly flammable liquids are prohibited by An Post, and I would say every other Postal service.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Perfume is usually alcohol based and therefore subject to Excise duty. This also makes it flammable. Liquids, and particularly flammable liquids are prohibited by An Post, and I would say every other Postal service.

The alcohol used in perfume is denatured so isn't subject to excise duty. https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/excise-duties-alcohol-tobacco-energy/excise-duties-alcohol/alcohol-not-human-consumption_en

Yes, perfumes which are flammable would be subject to restrictions imposed by individual post/courier companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Quackster wrote: »
    The alcohol used in perfume is denatured so isn't subject to excise duty. https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/excise-duties-alcohol-tobacco-energy/excise-duties-alcohol/alcohol-not-human-consumption_en

Yes, perfumes which are flammable would be subject to restrictions imposed by individual post/courier companies.
    are they all flammable, how to know which are not?

• Advertisement

are they all flammable, how to know which are not?

Am no expert but I believe most, if not all, perfumes mostly consist of alcohol and so would be flammable.

With regards to Parcel Motel, there are three specific restrictions that might exclude carriage of a perfume. They have prohibitions on alcohol, flammable materials and glass. In reality though, they don't enforce this but they would use any breach of their terms & conditions to deny liability if there were to be an issue with your parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I need to return 2 small packages to the same Collect Plus retailer. Both are going to exactly the same address. I've printed off both Collect Plus receipts and put them on each box.

Can I sellotape both boxes together and put the one Parcel Motel label on it, and get charged €3.50 rather than having to send them separately? They're relatively low value items so it seems like overkill having to pay €7 to return them separately.

Both boxes when they're sellotaped together are within the "Medium" box size according to the Parcel Motel dimensions.Has anyone done something like this before? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 vikkthor

I'm having serious issues with Parcel Motel these days.

I’ve being used their services for years without any problem and I was really happy with them.

On the 5th December there was a robbery in one of their depot and my package was stolen (among others) so in the evening of the same day I received a call from a customer service representative explaining what happened and that I will be refunded after sending copy of the receipt for the lost item and bank details.

The following day I emailed the receipt (almost €100) and bank details and until now I still have to receive the refund.

I sent several emails and 1 complaint (also to their sales department and asking the issue to be escalate to the Customer Service Manager also) but the response it’s always that there was an issue/delay with the accounting team and the payment will be processed as soon as possible. I also tried to call them but the phone number is not working. I asked a call back but again no response.

This is just rubbish. I never experience such non existing customer service.

Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Any suggestion to escalate the issue? I think the only option would be the Small Claims Court.

Thanks
    Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Unless you're really strapped for cash I'd just wait it out. €100 is not worth creating a ton of hardship for when in the end you probably won't get the money any sooner anyway.

I agree that the delay isn't great and communication could be better but I'd be pragmatic about it now. They acknowledged what happened and confirmed your claim. So its unlikely that they will try to 'forget' about it. Probably just boxes that need ticking in the background. Guards, insurance etc.

Unless you're really strapped for cash I'd just wait it out. €100 is not worth creating a ton of hardship for when in the end you probably won't get the money any sooner anyway.

I agree that the delay isn't great and communication could be better but I'd be pragmatic about it now. They acknowledged what happened and confirmed your claim. So its unlikely that they will try to 'forget' about it. Probably just boxes that need ticking in the background. Guards, insurance etc.

Yeatj €100 is not a lot of money bust still they told me the refund would have been processed within 7 days and here we are . Total lack of communication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

They used to be good at responding on Twitter, have you tried that?

Fireball81 wrote: »
    They used to be good at responding on Twitter, have you tried that?

I'm not on Twitter/Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

vikkthor wrote: »
    I'm not on Twitter/Facebook

It might be worth creating a twitter login as I've found many companies are now more responsive there and saves wasting time on a phone. Even if you only use it when you need customer service help from companies...

yes facebook and twitter can be more effective in getting a response than other forms of communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Their customer service dept uses the 'ostrich with its head in the sand' approach to complaints, basically they ignore all complaints and problems until they resolve themselves.

I once waited 19 days for a package I sent to another PM customer to be delivered. I emailed them several times after a week about it but they never had the decency to even acknowledge my emails. The person lodged a claim with paypal against me and they refunded him after 2 weeks and then 5 days later the package was delivered to him and he went to ground and wouldn't respond to my messages or calls so I was out the value of the item along with the cost of sending it. After many weeks, PM refunded me the total cost I claimed for but never once in that time actually replied to me or sent me any emails of any sort.

That was approximately a year ago and have never used them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For what it's worth, my experience with their support has been great.

The only time I had to contact their support was for a damaged parcel.
    Somewhere between Dublin (where a picture of the parcel was taken and emailed to me) and Limerick, it looks like someone drove over the parcel and damaged the contents.
    There was a tyre mark on the box!

Called their support, they gave me credit for the return to Amazon, credit to receive a replacement and a little bit of extra credit on top, which covered 3 or 4 more deliveries in the months that followed.

Stop emailing. Call them. 076 888 6677.

Mr E wrote: »
    For what it's worth, my experience with their support has been great.

The only time I had to contact their support was for a damaged parcel.
    Somewhere between Dublin (where a picture of the parcel was taken and emailed to me) and Limerick, it looks like someone drove over the parcel and damaged the contents.
    There was a tyre mark on the box!

Called their support, they gave me credit for the return to Amazon, credit to receive a replacement and a little bit of extra credit on top, which covered 3 or 4 more deliveries in the months that followed.

Stop emailing. Call them. 076 888 6677.

Obviously I tried to call but the phone line is not working

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

They lost an item in December, (28 euro value) no explanation on what happened. Then after calling them 10 times and talking to a team leader they send me an email that they were going to refund me in 10-15 business days. It is now 30 days and no refund. Called them again and they said there is a delay in refunds. Its the worse customer service I have experienced with any business. I will be moving to address pal very soon...…

Anybody knows any escalation number/email for parcel motel? if you call the standard support number you can only talk to the agent or a team leader if they are not busy to call you back some time in the future.....

Also if you make a claim in the small claim court, can you ask for compensation for breaching their policy on the refund policy (within 15 days) or just the item value?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

clvk07 wrote: »
    Also if you make a claim in the small claim court, can you ask for compensation for breaching their policy on the refund policy (within 15 days) or just the item value?

effin compo culture even coming into looking for COMPO for a small delay in a small refund.

yeah, you should claim €2,000 for the hurt and distress it has caused you.

Then next time you get an insurance renewal and think it high - look in the mirror for the reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

clvk07 wrote: »
    They lost an item in December, (28 euro value) no explanation on what happened. Then after calling them 10 times and talking to a team leader they send me an email that they were going to refund me in 10-15 business days. It is now 30 days and no refund. Called them again and they said there is a delay in refunds. Its the worse customer service I have experienced with any business. I will be moving to address pal very soon...…

ParcelMotel are bad are resolving an issue (my experience below) but AddressPal are 10 times worse. They lost/stole a largish item on me that was delivered to their hub on 11-Nov-2019 and that issue over 2 1/2 months later is still ongoing. I still haven't got my parcel, refund or even an explanation as to what happened it and I've sent countless emails and called a number of times. Like drawing blood from a stone, avoid if at all possible.

I've had a lot of packages (normal and oversize) delivered by ParcelMotel over the years and never much of an issue but since Christmas had a terrible experience.
    - Low value item delivered to their depot on 17th Dec with picture of same received.
    - Email and text received on 18th stating I could collect my parcel from a delivery van that would be somewhat local between the hours of 11:00 and 19:00. I arrive at 18:30 to find driver had already left which was confirmed by the attendant in the service station.
    - Email and text received on 19th stating I could collect item from my delivery locker. I collect but discover my name and PM address number on someone else's packet (similar sized item). Their name and PM address was also on the packet.
    - Over the space of 3 weeks and 13 emails later ParcelMotel finally credited my account with the value of my packet but it was some chore and I had to do all the chasing and it took over 10 days just to get a response despite multiple emails (used different subjects to ensure they didn't all get treated under the one ticket)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

silver2020 wrote: »
    effin compo culture even coming into looking for COMPO for a small delay in a small refund.

yeah, you should claim €2,000 for the hurt and distress it has caused you.

Then next time you get an insurance renewal and think it high - look in the mirror for the reason why.

almost two months waiting on a resolution and 20 phone calls with no call back or explanation, a small delay?

insurance renewal, what are you saying? read the questions before answering, didn't ask any of this crap you answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

A parcel I had sent to parcel motel got "cancelled".

Does anyone know what that means ?

I sent parcel motel a few of emails asking about it but I have not got any reply from them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cancelled by the sender?
    Had it arrived at the Parcel Motel HQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

Big Gerry wrote:
    A parcel I had sent to parcel motel got "cancelled".

Big Gerry wrote:
    Does anyone know what that means ?

"Cancelled" by whom exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

spurious wrote: »
    Cancelled by the sender?
    Had it arrived at the Parcel Motel HQ?

Yeah it got to parcel motel they even charged me for it.

But it went from "in transit" to "Cancelled".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads i have a parcel which would be oversized for the locker..site shows cost at 7 eur..will ot cost me 7.95+7 to get it delivered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

I have been using Parcel Motel for a few years now, never had any issues in terms of delivery and handling. A few weeks back I ve ordered a Laptop from the UK, shipping was free with the Parcel Motel address, it stayed two days in depot for whatever reason....when finally got a text that it is ready for collection and collected it, it was crashed, abused, of course, the laptop was badly damaged inside.
    I forwarded a few pictures to Parcel Motel, well, they acknowledged the damage and sent to the claim department, its been two weeks since and still waiting to see which will be the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

emy wrote: »
    I have been using Parcel Motel for a few years now, never had any issues in terms of delivery and handling. A few weeks back I ve ordered a Laptop from the UK, shipping was free with the Parcel Motel address, it stayed two days in depot for whatever reason....when finally got a text that it is ready for collection and collected it, it was crashed, abused, of course, the laptop was badly damaged inside.
    I forwarded a few pictures to Parcel Motel, well, they acknowledged the damage and sent to the claim department, its been two weeks since and still waiting to see which will be the outcome.

Max you will get is 100 unless you had paid for higher liability and that too if the parcel was damaged after it got to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but does anyone know the cheapest way to get a lawnmower from the UK? Either collect from a depot or delivered. A rough estimate on the parcel motel price calculator comes back as €133. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Is the North City depot the only one in Dublin that handles oversize?

Advertisement