Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Absolute shambles of a company ! Had a parcel delivered there, they split it into 2, they checked in as 2 normal parcels when one was oversized, got 1 parcel and no signs of second parcle, called them and they said oh its wrongly checkedin as normal it should be oversized, please come and collect.

I goto their depot for collection(somewhere north dodgy area), no one is on the premises, i wring the buzzer 10 times and when i am about to leave someone calls in and says give me PIN and i say no PIN i was told to collect it from here....i give him the PMID from website and finally he comes with the package !

Never again !

Weyhey wrote: »
    Is the North City depot the only one in Dublin that handles oversize?

Yes...have some patience when you reach as you might not find anyone there ! If you have a PIN u should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Haven't used parcelmotel in a long time, I have my cc registered with them.
    Got a text saying I had insufficient credit for the parcel arriving.
    I thought they just took the cost from the credit card for each parcel?
    Anyway I tried to top up, and the lowest top up was 11 euro something.
    Am I missing something? maybe they have changed since I last used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have you got a new credit card in the meantime? You'll need to update the details, usually only expiration date, on the website if so.

Alun wrote: »
    Have you got a new credit card in the meantime? You'll need to update the details, usually only expiration date, on the website if so.

No, the card is registered, no issues.

• Advertisement

Bojill wrote: »
    No, the card is registered, no issues.

remove and add it again....payment should be taken

remove and add it again....payment should be taken

Payment was already taken as I topped up by 11.85, I thought I could just pay by use.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Anyone know is Parcel Motel working as normal, I've a few bits I'm expecting tonight but there website isn't showing them moving as normal,

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

eiei0 wrote: »
    Anyone know is Parcel Motel working as normal, I've a few bits I'm expecting tonight but there website isn't showing them moving as normal,

Their Facebook post states no current delays, but plenty of customer posts suggested otherwise.
    I'm waiting on 3 parcels, all due last week and haven't even got the first scanning in email.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Their Facebook post states no current delays, but plenty of customer posts suggested otherwise.
    I'm waiting on 3 parcels, all due last week and haven't even got the first scanning in email.
    Yep. Business as usual. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

There is definitely a delay. Any parcels that get delivered to them in the morning are checked in Dublin that afternoon and stored in locker same night.

Had a parcel delivered yesterday morning. Still not even checked in on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

yes there seems to be an issue. Had package delivered and signed for by DHL to them 830 yesterday morning. As not been scanned ito the system yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

There is delay of about 3-4 days.I had parcels delivered to Belfast on friday and they put to the locker on wednesday but no other problems

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Just picked up my parcel - delivered to Belfast yesterday, ready to pick up in Dublin this morning. No delay, service as usual. Perhaps I'm just lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Does anyone know if you can ship.a bike via parcel motel, have input box dimensions and weight etc just want to make sure it will be delivered, anyone any experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Does anyone know if you can ship.a bike via parcel motel, have input box dimensions and weight etc just want to make sure it will be delivered, anyone any experience of this?

Parcel Wizard is usually a better bet for oversized items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭kala85

Are these still open for parcel motel returns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Parcel Motel stay extended to 4 days according to their FB page. Presume for the duration of the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭spideyman92

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have IKEA in the UK send to a parcel motel? Want to extend an Algot shelf and the parts that I need aren't available in the Irish Ikea store and this looks like the best solution if it would work. Obviously not right away with the lockdown but just a general enquiry. When I ordered from the Ikea in Ireland before they sent my stuff registered through An Post so dunno if they would do it through courier or Royal Mail over there that there would be any hassle.

Does anyone know how often they collect parcel to be sent to UK.I created label on Sunday,left it in locker monday but my PM account doesnt even show i left it there.
    Tracking number works but it only says "Label Created".
    I sent email and I have tried rung them but no answer .
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 BeakerTurtle69

Does parcel motel ever inspect your parcels? X ray machiines or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

Does anyone know how often they collect parcel to be sent to UK.I created label on Sunday,left it in locker monday but my PM account doesnt even show i left it there.
    Tracking number works but it only says "Label Created".
    I sent email and I have tried rung them but no answer .
    Thanks

Any time I have sent parcels with them it always says "PM Cust Stored" on the tracking after I put it in the locker.

VG31 wrote: »
    Any time I have sent parcels with them it always says "PM Cust Stored" on the tracking after I put it in the locker.

Thats what I tought.The code reader didnt read my label for some reason so I manually put code on the screen.Locker opened and that was it.

I actually managed to get someone on the phone.I gave her time, date , description of the box when I was there and they have to check cameras.First time I sent something and hassle straight away.Never had problems getting parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does parcel motel ever inspect your parcels? X ray machiines or whatever?

Thats HMRCs job, not PM. If it comes extra UK itll be checked by HMRC, if it originates inside the UK it won't be checked.

ED E wrote: »
    Thats HMRCs job, not PM. If it comes extra UK itll be checked by HMRC, if it originates inside the UK it won't be checked.

what about items bought from UK, sent to the northern ireland parcel motel depot then rerouted to the republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

what about items bought from UK, sent to the northern ireland parcel motel depot then rerouted to the republic?
    What are you trying to get? :)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    What are you trying to get? :)

Lithium batteries. I dont want them returning my products

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

Lithium batteries. I dont want them returning my products

Lithium batteries aren't prohibited. I've had a parcel from Amazon with the big lithium battery warning sticker on it delivered with no issues.

VG31 wrote: »
    Lithium batteries aren't prohibited. I've had a parcel from Amazon with the big lithium battery warning sticker on it delivered with no issues.

Ok but I still want to know what kind of precautions it goes through when something from the UK is bought and goes through Irish depot

Mod :Ask Parcel Motel if you want that information. This line of questions is done

• Advertisement

what why? Its just a simple question

Advertisement