Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Parcel motel has super fast turnaround with parcels at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Thats what I tought.The code reader didnt read my label for some reason so I manually put code on the screen.Locker opened and that was it.

I actually managed to get someone on the phone.I gave her time, date , description of the box when I was there and they have to check cameras.First time I sent something and hassle straight away.Never had problems getting parcel

Ive got email today that my parcel was scanned last night and will be delivered to UK in max 5days.They confirmed that code reader at my local motel did read my label correctly.
    Shortly after I spoke to them got text and email that my parcel is in Dublin.Preety impressed with the service I must say.Didnt expect anyone to email me on easter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

had something delivered to PM in Newtownabbey at 1pm today, havent received the we received your item email with photo yet

am i prematurely panicing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

BArra wrote: »
    had something delivered to PM in Newtownabbey at 1pm today, havent received the we received your item email with photo yet

am i prematurely panicing :confused:

Probably yes, I didn't get the email for my last item until about 8 pm. It also took around 24 hours longer than normal to be delivered to the motel.

it got scanned at PM dublin yesterday at 6.30pm at least

but didnt arrive to my local locker this morning which most previous would have been from past orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Yeah waiting on five parcels here, one was motel to motel and its been sitting in the depot for 4 days. Its beginning to look at lot like Christmas. Still not sure that to expect given the circumstances.

well i had one check in to PM on 16th, and another on 17th

both got locker scans to go pick them up this morning

Mine are still stuck in transit or at depot, could be congestion at motel I suppose (wilton).

Mine are still stuck in transit or at depot, could be congestion at motel I suppose (wilton).

There should be an option to set an alternative motel if your primary one is full. There's two motels within 2 km of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

I had an item delivered to the NI depot first thing yesterday morning but still haven't received any messages from Parcel Motel. How long should I give it before contacting them? I did add the details to the diary to help things along. I haven't used them in years, do they still send an e-mail with a photo of the package?

Edit: Just got the e-mail now, never mind. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

How does parcel motel work please,if I wanted to order something from England and they won't deliver to Ireland ,how do I get that item here .also what do I need to sign up.

I was waiting two days for a parcel it was left for me today, once its on system ud be fine, if not on their system go put in details of parcel with tracking and it will show up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I was waiting two days for a parcel it was left for me today, once its on system ud be fine, if not on their system go put in details of parcel with tracking and it will show up

Is there any particular reason for replying to a post that is 3 years old?

VG31 wrote: »
    There should be an option to set an alternative motel if your primary one is full. There's two motels within 2 km of me.

Change my motel and everything was delivered so Wilton is probably chokka with people combining groceries and parcel motel trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Not very happy with them at the moment. My parcel was delivered to them first thing yesterday morning. Got a message at 6.55 to say package is oversized and was charged 7 euro and stored in main depot. They closed at 7pm. With current restrictions, i'm not travelling 50km to a depot on Monday. Had to pay for home delivery for 7.95. Guess will probably get it Wednesday now for delivery as it's handled by nightline and needs to be handed over to them. What annoys me most is the package is oversized by 2 bloody cms. Don't think i'll be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Whats the cut off time on a Saturday for something that is delivered to Antrim to make it on tonight's run,

I know they head south earlier on a Saturday but how early,

I had something delivered by royal mail at 11.30 today, was expecting the we have it email but nothing,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Anyone else find it annoying that the minimum you need in you Parcel Motel account is €10? Even if you buy just one thing you still have money left over. Bit silly if you ask me.

Anyone else find it annoying that the minimum you need in you Parcel Motel account is €10? Even if you buy just one thing you still have money left over. Bit silly if you ask me.

You can link a card to your account instead. Then you just get charged per parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

not sure if its still the case but I remember in the early days putting credit up to the cost of 3 stays, which could have been say €11.70. Otherwise if you put in €10 and used 2 you would be left with credit which could not be enough for 1 stay.

But the post above this seems to say that is no longer needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Not very happy with them at the moment. My parcel was delivered to them first thing yesterday morning. Got a message at 6.55 to say package is oversized and was charged 7 euro and stored in main depot. They closed at 7pm. With current restrictions, i'm not travelling 50km to a depot on Monday. Had to pay for home delivery for 7.95. Guess will probably get it Wednesday now for delivery as it's handled by nightline and needs to be handed over to them. What annoys me most is the package is oversized by 2 bloody cms. Don't think i'll be using them again.

Why not use Parcel Wizard? Delivered to the door, no oversize fee (unless you go crazy). And 10c cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

ShedTower wrote: »
    Why not use Parcel Wizard? Delivered to the door, no oversize fee (unless you go crazy). And 10c cheaper.

Thanks, going forward i will. Didn't think this package would be oversized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hows the service been in the past few days ? I had a package delivered into their Newtownabbey depot Monday morning 9am , no sign /notification of it yet in my parcel motel account.

I assume they are snowed under processing packages ?
    I have dropped them a message on their twitter page to see if they can help.

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Just cancelled and reordered something on Amazon because home delivery date was 7th May but PM delivery is this thursday (30/04). I reckon each day earlier than the 7th is worth a euro to me so PM have until Monday to reach my locker for me to be satisfied :P

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Hows the service been in the past few days ? I had a package delivered into their Newtownabbey depot Monday morning 9am , no sign /notification of it yet in my parcel motel account.

I assume they are snowed under processing packages ?
    I have dropped them a message on their twitter page to see if they can help.

Thanks a lot.

I've had 5 parcels sent to Parcel Motel this month. I received the email notification for all except one the same day as usual, the other one took about 24 hours longer than usual.

4 of the 5 were also stored on time with the other taking an extra day.

Overall I'm quite impressed, I've had no issues so far. I wouldn't be concerned unless you still haven't got any notification by tomorrow.

VG31 wrote: »
    I've had 5 parcels sent to Parcel Motel this month. I received the email notification for all except one the same day as usual, the other one took about 24 hours longer than usual.

4 of the 5 were also stored on time with the other taking an extra day.

Overall I'm quite impressed, I've had no issues so far. I wouldn't be concerned unless you still haven't got any notification by tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply, i just received my notification email along with a picture of my order.
    I havnt used this service in a few years, the picture I received of my package is a flat box from the supplier, doesn't look like my product is in there.
    Do they take it out of the packaging and repackage it in parcel motel depot ?

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, i just received my notification email along with a picture of my order.
    I havnt used this service in a few years, the picture I received of my package is a flat box from the supplier, doesn't look like my product is in there.
    Do they take it out of the packaging and repackage it in parcel motel depot ?

No, the packaging wouldn't be changed. Could just be the angle of the photo making it look flat?

one77 wrote: »
    No, the packaging wouldn't be changed. Could just be the angle of the photo making it look flat?

Package in the locker this evening , went to pick it up , all ok ,your right , bad angle on the picture they sent me .
    Thanks again for your help .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone experiencing issues at the moment? My parcel checked into their Dublin depot on Monday and no sign of it since? It's going to a Dublin city locker. I'd forgotten about Parcel Wizard for some reason. I'll go back to them after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭furiousox

Has anyone managed to get through to PM by phone lately?
    I've been trying to get through for days with no luck.
    I'm calling 076 888 6677, get put on hold and that's it. :(

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shnakey

furiousox wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get through to PM by phone lately?
    I've been trying to get through for days with no luck.
    I'm calling 076 888 6677, get put on hold and that's it. :(

I've gotten through yesterday and today but it's taken a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Parcel delivered up north yesterday, email received a few hours later and parcel in the locker this morning. Not bad.

Advertisement