Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭PreCocious

Must be the luck of the draw. I'd one delivered on the 29th and no sign of it being checked in let alone moving to a locker. I've another one that was delivered today so it will be interesting to see how long that takes.

As an aside - both packages were sent by the same company (Xiaomi) via DHL and collected at the same time on Tuesday and the cheaper order got next-day delivery.

My parcel is in the local parcel motel lockers and I went to collect it today. There was nothing on the screen and it was completely unresponsive. Like the plug had been pulled from the back or something. Rang their phone number and keep getting "nobody available, try again later".

Anybody had any experience of this or advice to offer? Other than emailing the support team it looks like there's not many options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Which location btw? They don't have great CS

sweetie wrote: »
    Which location btw? They don't have great CS

Artane Maxol.

Just spotted that customer service is closed until Monday at the earliest, possibly Tuesday cos of the BH.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Had a parcel due for delivery to PM on Sat, but I got a message off Amazon saying it's been delayed - it's in transit in the north, now wondering if the depot is closed over the BH weekend and they couldn't deliver it there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Theres no bank holiday in northern Ireland this weekend, so i'd say it hasn't been delivered yet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I have 2 items with PM 5 days now and still not received.

My parcel is in the local parcel motel lockers and I went to collect it today. There was nothing on the screen and it was completely unresponsive. Like the plug had been pulled from the back or something. Rang their phone number and keep getting "nobody available, try again later".

Anybody had any experience of this or advice to offer? Other than emailing the support team it looks like there's not many options.

I tried again this morning and still out of action. Phoned customer support and they said they'd reset it and re-send the pin code to retrieve it. Message arrived at 3pm and went to collect it by 5pm. Huge queue of people sending and collecting stuff, so I obviously wasn't alone.

When I spoke to customer service I asked what should I do if it happens again. The response was "wait til Monday", or, like this weekend, wait til Tuesday. You'd wanna hope it doesn't happen to you on holy Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I tried again this morning and still out of action. Phoned customer support and they said they'd reset it and re-send the pin code to retrieve it. Message arrived at 3pm and went to collect it by 5pm. Huge queue of people sending and collecting stuff, so I obviously wasn't alone.

When I spoke to customer service I asked what should I do if it happens again. The response was "wait til Monday", or, like this weekend, wait til Tuesday. You'd wanna hope it doesn't happen to you on holy Thursday.

The support has definintely tanked since UPS bought them but to be fair in my experience of 6 breakdowns at 3 different motels in the 8 years they usually have them fixed by the next day including weekends and they refund your motel fee.

L1m1tless wrote: »
    I have 2 items with PM 5 days now and still not received.

I was having same issue and changed motel to one further out of the city and everything has been going a bit better. With the north working on Monday and Dublin off for bank holiday I'm expecting a backlog though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

I popped two packages to be returned to a retailer last Thursday the 30th of April and tracking shows they are still in the lockers. Anyone else returning stuff with them?

I emailed PM last night so we shall see what's up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I emailed 3 days ago. No response
    I called them yesterday, after 30 mins on hold the lady just said "I will contact the depot"
    Have heard nothing since.

My 2 parcels have been at the depot over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

PM customer service is awful, speaking from experience. Next time I'll be using an post's equivalent.

My package Sat in a locker broken for a month, it was only when I sent an email looking for the cost of the item did they send somebody to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

I've 1 parcel in the depot over a week, and 2 that were delivered on Wednesday still not showing as received.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

There seem to be long delays in parcels being checked in. Taking 2-3 working days to show up on account after delivered to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Had something delivered to Newtownabbey at 1105 yesterday, in the Dublin depot at 1947, and in a locker just after midnight as it typically is.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

My recent parcel experienced a slight delay, nothing compared to USPS/An Post to be fair.

Delivered Newtownabbey 1200 on 6th May, in transit that evening, stored in locker late on 8th May (2200) in Co. Cork

Seems to be all random now, parcels delivered at 11am on Saturday , checked in 6pm and stored at 9pm same day.

But some parcels taking 3-4 days to be even check in. I have noticed that Amazon parcels get priority, they mostly get checked in same day but delays with parcels from other retailers.

Not sure if it has to do with An Post doing Prime deliveries here which takes a few days longer and PM want to be quicker than them to keep the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Have three parcels, two were signed for on saturday and one yesterday in Newtonabbey. Nothing on my account when I login, will call them tomorrow if there's no change..

dan786 wrote:
    But some parcels taking 3-4 days to be even check in. I have noticed that Amazon parcels get priority, they mostly get checked in same day but delays with parcels from other retailers.

Phoned them, it seems that mainly royal mail deliveries are affected. RM deliver to a depot and load the packages into cages, that's where they're signed for. It's taking upto 24 hours for parcel motel to collect the cage from the rm depot, then from there they go through the system as normal. Definitely far busier than normal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i need to send something to another parcel motel and have never done it. it is just a hose and attachments., under 10kg and i plan to just put it in a plastic bag, but was wondering if it will be ok in that or should i really box it up?

i think it will fit in the small locker, but what happens if it doesn't when i get there, can you upgrade or do you have to have it bang on first go

Seve OB wrote:
    i think it will fit in the small locker, but what happens if it doesn't when i get there, can you upgrade or do you have to have it bang on first go

I'd definitely wrap it up. You can choose locker size when you're there, at least I had the option when sending stuff back to virgin media.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cheers, actually found some cardboard to wrap it in and wrapped that in plastic bag.

i'll thought you had to sign up online and print out a label for it? can hardly do that at the locker!

i think it will fit in small locker, but could be a squeeze going by their dimensions. i'll risk it for a biscuit and sign it up anyway, but someone might see me having a fight with the PM machine trying to squeeze it in tomorrow morning :)

Seve OB wrote:
    i'll thought you had to sign up online and print out a label for it? can hardly do that at the locker!

No, you're right! Print off the docket, attach it to the box and then scan it in at the parcel motel locker. Think that's where you can choose a larger locker if needed.

tedpan wrote:
    Phoned them, it seems that mainly royal mail deliveries are affected. RM deliver to a depot and load the packages into cages, that's where they're signed for. It's taking upto 24 hours for parcel motel to collect the cage from the rm depot, then from there they go through the system as normal. Definitely far busier than normal..

FYI, It's actually taking up to 72 hours to process them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone here with the initials JM waiting for a Book People delivery from parcel motel? They got sent to mine by accident. I'll contact Parcel Motel but thought it might be quicker here.

I've switched to Addresspal for the moment, seems to be several days faster for second class parcels to reach their depot and its no slower that its usual slowness and at least its consistent.

Still no sign of my package that was delivered to them on Tuesday at 7am. Hasn't even been signed into my account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

tedpan wrote: »
    Still no sign of my package that was delivered to them on Tuesday at 7am. Hasn't even been signed into my account :(

I'd a tracked RM parcel delivered to Newtownabbey on the 23rd of April. 3 unanswered emails later and it checks in today 15th of May, in the locker tonight. I thought this was my first loss but PM somehow rescued the situation and keep their 100% record on 219 deliveries!

• Advertisement

They have only lost one on me at a time when I didnt have increased liability so only got 100. It was an 800 Euro phone which was checked into account with picture but never turned up in locker.

Other than that 3074 other parcels and all good. Yeah you read that right, I used them a lot. Thats over 12000 Euros spend on locker fees.

Advertisement