Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

dan786 wrote:
    Other than that 3074 other parcels and all good. Yeah you read that right, I used them a lot. Thats over 12000 Euros spend on locker fees.

If you average 50euro per delivery, that's 150k on products :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dan786 wrote: »
    Thats over 12000 Euros spend on locker fees.
    jaysus, if I did that much business I'd be asking for a discount, or at least an invite to the xmas party!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

tedpan wrote: »
    If you average 50euro per delivery, that's 150k on products :D

Its double that. About 95% stuff has been worth over 200 Euros per parcel.

I have spent 147k on Revolut alone.

rubadub wrote: »
    jaysus, if I did that much business I'd be asking for a discount, or at least an invite to the xmas party!

Priority customer service would do but unfortunately its the worst I have seen in any company.

dan786 wrote:
    Priority customer service would do but unfortunately its the worst I have seen in any company.

I use them both a lot, but eglobal's support is non existent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

dan786 wrote: »
    They have only lost one on me at a time when I didnt have increased liability so only got 100. It was an 800 Euro phone which was checked into account with picture but never turned up in locker.

Other than that 3074 other parcels and all good. Yeah you read that right, I used them a lot. Thats over 12000 Euros spend on locker fees.

Jaysis I'd be asking PM to install a locker at my front door

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭breeno

Hi guys,

I had a parcel delivered by parcel force to pm on Wednesday morning and it hasn’t shown up in the system yet.

I had another parcel(smaller) arrive to them on Thursday and that went through the normal checkin and 24hr turnaround time. Collected it this morning

Should I be worried about my first parcel at this stage? I rang them and eventually got through and the girl said to send a mail with the item details and they’d do a search for it early next week. Could it still be waiting to be processed at this stage 3 days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

Is it me or is PM dog slow to log into today?

Could be the fact my password is wrong it's been a while since I uused them.

Can't seem reset it either, but that spinning package thing takes ages before the page refreshes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Doge wrote: »
    Is it me or is PM dog slow to log into today?

Could be the fact my password is wrong it's been a while since I uused them.

Can't seem reset it either, but that spinning package thing takes ages before the page refreshes.

Something wrong alright, not showing my balance or any parcel history.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

Back up now.

Was able to login fine now even though my password was rejected earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Gone again, seem to be having problems tonight.

Edit. Back again.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote:
    Gone again, seem to be having problems tonight.

It's been up and down for days, probably server issues.

Parcel still hasn't been checked in 4 days after it was delivered either.

It's been up and down for days, probably server issues.

Parcel still hasn't been checked in 4 days after it was delivered either.

Similar story here. Any update for you today? Do you think we should be worried or it’s just a backlog that’ll clear eventually?

breeno wrote:
    Similar story here. Any update for you today? Do you think we should be worried or it’s just a backlog that’ll clear eventually?

No, still no sign of it. I think if it's not checked in by tomorrow lunchtime, I'll give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

by the way, when i send a parcel, i assume i get charged the sending price and the recipient get charged to collect? or is there just one charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Seve OB wrote: »
    by the way, when i send a parcel, i assume i get charged the sending price and the recipient get charged to collect? or is there just one charge?

Just one charge to send it

Seve OB wrote:

Only the sender pays as far as I know!

breeno wrote:

tedpan wrote:
    No, still no sign of it. I think if it's not checked in by tomorrow lunchtime, I'll give them a call.

Have been on hold for 25 minutes, will let you know if I get an update..

breeno wrote:

tedpan wrote:

My delivery is bigger than I expected seemingly and checked in last night marked for home delivery. Hopefully yours turns up today. Getting through can be a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Ordered a kitchen knife from Amazon over the weekend and just spotted next to the order now that it's an "Age Restricted Delivery: Someone over the age of 18 with a valid ID must be present for this delivery".

I also see from Parcel Motel's T&Cs that age restricted deliveries are not accepted. Has anybody had any luck getting deliveries through or should I cancel before it gets dispatched?

Edit: The item is also not available to ship directly to Ireland, hence PM.

Edit 2: Thought it best to cancel. Cancellation rejected as it is ready for dispatch... well, let's see what happens.

breeno wrote:
    My delivery is bigger than I expected seemingly and checked in last night marked for home delivery. Hopefully yours turns up today. Getting through can be a nightmare.

Yep, got through. It magically checked in while I was on the phone to her :) happy days anyway, should have it within the next 24 hours all going well..

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Ordered a kitchen knife from Amazon over the weekend and just spotted next to the order now that it's an "Age Restricted Delivery: Someone over the age of 18 with a valid ID must be present for this delivery".

I also see from Parcel Motel's T&Cs that age restricted deliveries are not accepted. Has anybody had any luck getting deliveries through or should I cancel before it gets dispatched?

Edit 2: Thought it best to cancel. Cancellation rejected as it is ready for dispatch... well, let's see what happens.

Alcohol, also an age-restricted delivery (and strictly forbidden by PM), regularly gets though.

I doubt you'll have a problem; they have these restrictions so that they can't be held liable if something goes tits-up.

ChewyLouie wrote:

ChewyLouie wrote:

ChewyLouie wrote:

Yeah, it really depends on what the person delivering to parcel motel asks for. It's next to impossible to ship knives cross border, but with the way things are and how busy couriers are at the moment, finger's crossed it'll go through unnoticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

ChewyLouie wrote: »

According to the tracking it has been rejected by Parcel Motel...

Customer refused delivery - order will be returned
    Newtownabbey, GB

(Aside: Newtownabbey isn't actually in GB...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

1 of 3 packages that were signed for at PM last wednesday has finally shown on my account this afternoon. Hopefully the other 2 won't be far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dzygit

Hi
    Order package like always
    Package deliver to belfast at 16 this month , oversize package- car parts lights exactly.
    From 16 nothing happen , my friend order from this same shop in uk by parcel motel his package arrived at Saturday.
    Create 2 tickets - no answers
    Try call parcel motel on Balymoon - no one answer to.

Customer for over 3 years and thisis joke need this parts to fix car.
    Darius

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Theres a big delay on oversize parcels being redirected. Try call them again. Took me about 30 mins on hold to get through.

It seems to be all random at the moment. Some parcel taking over 4-5 days to get checked in and some checked in same day. Same goes for going into lockers. All random.

Parcel delivered, checked in Saturday, was stored in locker same night.
    Parcel delivered Friday and check in Saturday is still not stored.

Only good think I experienced was I sent a parcel from Dublin to Galway via PM and it took 12 hours from putting it in locker and then it being stored in a locker in Galway. Super quick. In past this took 1-2 weeks to exact same person same location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭aziz

Been trying to set up a account with parcel motel for the last couple of days but the webpage is constantly loading, is there another way to register

Advertisement