Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Have they got a delay in checking in parcels?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

Why does it cost €11.50 to top up for a delivery for Parcel Motel minimum used to be €3.95 or €4.95 now
    the minimum for a top up is €11.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

Kraft.l wrote: »
    Why does it cost €11.50 to top up for a delivery for Parcel Motel minimum used to be €3.95 or €4.95 now
    the minimum for a top up is €11.50

Hasn't it always been €11.50? I just have my card linked so there's no need to top up.

Guys do Currys PCWorld on eBay ship to Parcel Motel or any of the forwarding services? I remember the last time I tried with Argos eBay UK they cancelled my order. Can't remember if it's a similiar thing with Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Guys do Currys PCWorld on eBay ship to Parcel Motel or any of the forwarding services? I remember the last time I tried with Argos eBay UK they cancelled my order. Can't remember if it's a similiar thing with Currys.

Yep, no issues with Currys and parcel motel..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

tedpan wrote: »
    Yep, no issues with Currys and parcel motel..

Yep no problems. That’s where my package is from that’s not checked in. Might ring tomorrow to find out what the story is

VG31 wrote: »
    Hasn't it always been €11.50? I just have my card linked so there's no need to top up.

No it was about 3.95 you could top up at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Kraft.l wrote: »
    No it was about 3.95 you could top up at the start.

It was always over 10 have been using them for years, few thousand parcels. You can add a card to account then it deducts relevant amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

dan786 wrote: »
    It was always over 10 have been using them for years, few thousand parcels. You can add a card to account then it deducts relevant amount.

How did you get so many parcels?! :)

How did you get so many parcels?! :)

Just shop online a lot. Over 3100 parcels in total. There have been days where my local lockers had 15-20 of my parcels alone in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just shop online a lot. Over 3100 parcels in total. There have been days where my local lockers had 15-20 of my parcels alone in them.

Christ, I thought I was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

They should install a locker right outside your house!!!

Oh ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Have a Ticket open with them since the 29th of May - no response of any kind :(

Sender has tracking showing the package was delivered to PMotel in NI, but it seems to have disappeared from there, no acknowledgement from PM at all. Very Disappointed with them.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭baamus

Every time I use them I say this was my last time but did it again last week. Tracking is useless. Parcel stored last Wednesday no movements since then.
    The other I am expecting from ebay got notification from seller that it was delivered to Antrim address, nothing on Parcelmotel tracking.

This 11.50 top up is just ridiculous, wondering if I can close my account and get my money back from them, there's always some money left but when its just 50 cent short you need to top up 11.50 again or give them your card details.

Is there any alternative for using UK address, should be? They were actually pretty good when they started I've just realised they belong to UPS since last year or so and services gone so bad.

baamus wrote: »
    Every time I use them I say this was my last time but did it again last week. Tracking is useless. Parcel stored last Wednesday no movements since then.
    The other I am expecting from ebay got notification from seller that it was delivered to Antrim address, nothing on Parcelmotel tracking.

This 11.50 top up is just ridiculous, wondering if I can close my account and get my money back from them, there's always some money left but when its just 50 cent short you need to top up 11.50 again or give them your card details.

Is there any alternative for using UK address, should be? They were actually pretty good when they started I've just realised they belong to UPS since last year or so and services gone so bad.

There is addresspal by An Post and Parcel Wizard by DPD. None have locker service though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 palong88

Yes, me too, I had a delivery box wouldn't open went twice to see if it would work nothing. Opened a case on the first day it was deliverd, May 25th. No Response yet. I called several times, no answer.

The package was taken back, I was charged a second time and now I'm waiting for it to be redelivered to the motel box.

I was a big fan of Parcel motel previously but I won't be using them again. Gonna try Parcel Wizard from DPD while working from home, same price for delivery and seems way quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

There is addresspal by An Post and Parcel Wizard by DPD. None have locker service though.

Parcelwizard has been 24 hour turn around for me the last two weeks much faster than usual. Kicking parcel motel and addresspals ass at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Anyone got a phone number for them as I am awaiting a response with days from them and not a peep.
    Thanks

Re Parcel Motel if your parcel is in transit for few days, it basically means the lockers are full. Was just at my local and the guy had to take two big bags of parcels back into the van as it was full.

He said they do 3 drops a day but most people dont bother collecting theirs until last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Anyone have any experience with UPS losing a parcel that has been sent to the UK via Parcel Motel?

I've sent several items to the UK using Parcel Motel over the pat year or so with no issues. The items always arrived and the UPS provided tracking numbers were always accurate with regard to delivery times etc.

I sent a package last week and I've been told it's now "lost". The weird thing is that the receiving depot (where it was last scanned by UPS) is just 10 miles from its final delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

settopbox wrote: »
    Anyone got a phone number for them as I am awaiting a response with days from them and not a peep.
    Thanks

(076) 888 6677
    Good luck getting to speak to someone. If you do, please let me know.

I had a parcel returned to sender by parcel motel today. Very unusual as this has never happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I've gotten an email response from them today, package found and will be forwarded ASAP.

They did mention they have a lots of emails to get though.

Nate

Re Parcel Motel if your parcel is in transit for few days, it basically means the lockers are full. Was just at my local and the guy had to take two big bags of parcels back into the van as it was full.

He said they do 3 drops a day but most people dont bother collecting theirs until last minute.

We've discussed it before on here, they should refund you part of the charge if you pickup early during busy periods. Let them do increased volume and improve customer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Sheridan81 wrote:
    How do I know when it has arrived? Will Parcel Motel notify me via email or text? I mean that's what it says on website, but just making sure, as it's been a while. How long does it usually take to deliver?

Usually takes two days max. You should be able to track on the nightline website using the pm parcel number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I've just been charged three times for one parcel due to an apparent screw-up by PM. This was not due to overstaying by me at the locker. I've emailed them and got no answer. They eventually got back to a tweet of mine, but my issue still hasn't been resolved. I'm not impressed and will now move my custom to AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amrie36

I have had really bad experience with nightline only happened Monday they said my parcel was delivered and it was not thru numerous phone calls and emails finally got the answer of the courier is adamant he delivered it to your adress as he clearly did not as I was here all day Monday and nothing was delivered
    Nightline now expect me to try and contact the company in England to try get a refund but the company has already said the parcel left there fine and the mix up clearly was on the courier side
    I am now out of pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

Amrie36 wrote: »
    I have had really bad experience with nightline only happened Monday they said my parcel was delivered and it was not thru numerous phone calls and emails finally got the answer of the courier is adamant he delivered it to your adress as he clearly did not as I was here all day Monday and nothing was delivered
    Nightline now expect me to try and contact the company in England to try get a refund but the company has already said the parcel left there fine and the mix up clearly was on the courier side
    I am now out of pocket

It's up to the seller to refund you. They're the ones that should be looking for their money back from Nightline, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm trying to enter an expected delivery in Parcel Motel parcel diary but it keeps telling me to please enter correct details. Everything entered is correct and includes a royal mail tracking number.
    is there something wrong with it?

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm trying to enter an expected delivery in Parcel Motel parcel diary but it keeps telling me to please enter correct details. Everything entered is correct and includes a royal mail tracking number.
    is there something wrong with it?

Worked two days ago for me.

DPD handed something off to PM earlier today. Not scanned yet. Now we wait to see how long it takes for ingest.

Advertisement