Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I was checking the parcel Motel website and I can't figure this out, though I suspect I know the answer. Although I have used PM for a long time, I've only ever used PM to as an alternative address for reduced shipping charges to NI.

I want to send a parcel, via motel to another in Ireland. I know this will cost me €4.50 to send. Will the recipient also have to pay a charge as well? I suspect they do?

If this is the case then I'd be as well posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I was checking the parcel Motel website and I can't figure this out, though I suspect I know the answer. Although I have used PM for a long time, I've only ever used PM to as an alternative address for reduced shipping charges to NI.

I want to send a parcel, via motel to another in Ireland. I know this will cost me €4.50 to send. Will the recipient also have to pay a charge as well? I suspect they do?

No. There is no charge to the recipient.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

No, only the sender pays. It would be pointless otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ah another risk of parcel motel/amazon combo...ordered something small from Amazon, got an oversized package notification today.

Wondered what it could be...this mysterious large object that couldn't possibly fit into a locker, warranted a big charge and a depot collection.

But no, it was indeed the small item I ordered..in a whopper of a box. bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    DPD handed something off to PM earlier today. Not scanned yet. Now we wait to see how long it takes for ingest.

No sign yet. Feels like December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ordered during the week, delivered to pm in the north on Thursday 6.30 am Royal Mail tracked.

Still waiting, is tHis normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Can anyone give advice. Ordered 2 items from currys uk ebay store. Both items have same tracking number, however I just collected it and only 1 item there. Checked the tracking detail, consignment had 2 parcels, 1 delivered at 9:26am, other at 9:30am, only 1 of them was checked in. However I only have 1 tracking number so if I contact parcel motel they will just say I received it?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Anyone having issues with Parcel motel parcels being stuck "in transit" for days? I ordered something from Amazon Germany and it arrived in the depot on Monday but hasn't been stored as of yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Piss poor customer service but yet I've ordered through them again. One final chance before I move to an post's service

Half my currys order still missing, both delivered to parcel motel a minute apart. How long do they normally take to reply to emails?

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    Half my currys order still missing, both delivered to parcel motel a minute apart. How long do they normally take to reply to emails?

Forever. Try ringing them. I had zero luck over a month of emailing and ringing, they only sorted me out when I sent in a claim for the cost of the parcel

Forever. Try ringing them. I had zero luck over a month of emailing and ringing, they only sorted me out when I sent in a claim for the cost of the parcel

How do you send in claim?

How do you send in claim?

Via email, include receipt of item

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I've a Nightline delivery on the way. Their website tracking does not work at all. Anyone know where I can get proper tracking details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Really hard to contact them especially when things go wrong. Was waiting for a parcel which was delivered to them (Belfast) last week, arrived in Dublin depot Sat and didn't make the cut to be stored in my locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

5star02707 wrote: »
    Really hard to contact them especially when things go wrong. Was waiting for a parcel which was delivered to them (Belfast) last week, arrived in Dublin depot Sat and didn't make the cut to be stored in my locker.

My last 5 parcels have been 5 days between hitting Belfast Depot and arriving in my locker

I've been waiting a week for a parcel to make the trip from the depot to my locker. Totally defeats the purpose if the time saved using them instead of An Post for UK deliveries is cancelled out by it hanging around their warehouse for a week. There doesn't seem to be any prioritising of parcels once they get them, they're just flung into a van at random, rather than based on the date they arrived in the PM depot. The most irritating part is that it's you chasing them, not the other way around. Surely they can automatically flag parcels which are delayed. The latest update I got is that they're doing a warehouse search, which doesn't fill me with hope..

Parcel delivered at 6.30am on 10th June in Newton abbey.
    I’m still waiting for it.
    Finally got another reply today saying they would investigate :(

Seve OB wrote: »
    Parcel delivered at 6.30am on 10th June in Newton abbey.
    I’m still waiting for it.
    Finally got another reply today saying they would investigate :(

The fact so many people are having this problem is a tiny bit reassuring as its more likely to be a backlog than them losing parcels en masse.

When you say sorted you out.....
    Do you mean you got your parcel or they paid you off?

I’m at that stage now

• Advertisement

When you say sorted you out.....
    Do you mean you got your parcel or they paid you off?

I’m at that stage now

The parcel was stuck in a locker the door wouldn't open, after sending in the claim an engineer magically appeared to release it

The parcel was stuck in a locker the door wouldn't open, after sending in the claim an engineer magically appeared to release it

ok, so not quite the same as me, ive a package stuck "in transit" so i have no idea if it is in a locker, in a van, in the depot, or up in the air

ok, so not quite the same as me, ive a package stuck "in transit" so i have no idea if it is in a locker, in a van, in the depot, or up in the air

In exactly the same boat. It's shocking. I'd complain but not sure who to as Parcel Motel themselves dont seem arsed.

Date & Time Location Description
    11 Jun 2020 08:16 Antrim Delivered
    11 Jun 2020 06:53 Antrim Out for delivery
    10 Jun 2020 02:31 DPD We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our depot
    09 Jun 2020 16:08 DPD We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our depot

Not been registered by PM at all. Another small packet came through in the meantime.

Looking at the invoice the retailer stripped out my PMID from the delivery address, but the package was in the parcel tracker from two days before it arrived with them. Shouldn't have been an issue. 12 days now and I used them to expedite things.

Not been registered by PM at all. Another small packet came through in the meantime.

Looking at the invoice the retailer stripped out my PMID from the delivery address, but the package was in the parcel tracker from two days before it arrived with them. Shouldn't have been an issue. 12 days now and I used them to expedite things.

I phoned parcel motel yesterday about my half missing currys order. They found the parcel within 15 seconds after giving them the tracking, minute after hanging up was checked in dublin depot with photo on my account. The PMID was completely missing, printing error as other parcel was half cut off. I think you need to phone them otherwise they just leave the parcels sit there.

I phoned parcel motel yesterday about my half missing currys order. They found the parcel within 15 seconds after giving them the tracking, minute after hanging up was checked in dublin depot with photo on my account. The PMID was completely missing, printing error as other parcel was half cut off. I think you need to phone them otherwise they just leave the parcels sit there.

mine was kinda similar...... except after finding it within 15 seconds... they still have it a week later!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Seve OB wrote:
    mine was kinda similar...... except after finding it within 15 seconds... they still have it a week later!

Haha, I'm on the phone to them now. They can't find 3 packages that were signed for on Thursday. Maybe a disgruntled PM employee is wearing my wife's clothes now :D

Their phone sounds they're based under the Irish Sea ^__^

tedpan wrote: »
    Yep, got through. It magically checked in while I was on the phone to her :) happy days anyway, should have it within the next 24 hours all going well..

16 Min call, 15 mins of that on hold.

She was able to give me a different description to my diary so they had inventoried it just not related it to my PMID. The retailer had stripped that from the packing slip. Appears within seconds of me asking on their parcel tracker. These go to the "Queries Department" who I might guess are understaffed to hell during COVID.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Haha, I'm on the phone to them now. They can't find 3 packages that were signed for on Thursday. Maybe a disgruntled PM employee is wearing my wife's clothes now :D

i got an answer this time, have been just getting nobody here when i've called in hte last few days and it hung straight up.

however, not much better at the moment...... while it answered, it seems im in a queue (although im not sure as it is just beeping) for nearly 10 minutes now

Advertisement