Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hold time of 15-20 mins is normal. Just hold on. Dont call at peak times (Lunchtime, directly after work).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

It’s 28 days now since my package was to be delivered. A joke of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

If something goes wrong with parcel motel, customer service is non existent in my experience

Quite frankly I would avoid them like the plague. Mind you, only one experience with them some years ago. Had ordered a holiday photo book from Photobox, who are located, I think, in Belgium. They have always sent my photo books through the National al postal service, but on one occasion sent one though Nightline/Parcel Motel and I had a small nightmare trying to get them to deliver it. They asked me to collect it, but at time I had no way of getting to their depot, eventually got the item. I emailed them and said in future I wanted all my orders sent through the postal service or I wouldn’t be doing any more business with them, and once again my friendly postman resumed delivery, leaving my parcel outside my apartment door.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellow_Blue

Hi All,

Will really appreciate your insight.
    How long does it take to redirect parcel to another depot e.g from Dublin to Galwey?

My over sized parcel arrived to Dublin Depot a bit early today. We are going to Galway tomorrow early morning and back late on Tuesday. There is a risk that we won't manage to collect it before 10 pm on Tuesday.

To avoid paying extra 7 EUR I wanted to collect it from Galway, but what if it arrives late, e.g Wednesday?

Will I be able to redirect it free of charge back to Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Hi All,

Will really appreciate your insight.
    How long does it take to redirect parcel to another depot e.g from Dublin to Galwey?

My over sized parcel arrived to Dublin Depot a bit early today. We are going to Galway tomorrow early morning and back late on Tuesday. There is a risk that we won't manage to collect it before 10 pm on Tuesday.

To avoid paying extra 7 EUR I wanted to collect it from Galway, but what if it arrives late, e.g Wednesday?

Will I be able to redirect it free of charge back to Dublin?

Simply not worth the risk and they'll probably charge extra and a further charge if it has to get back to Dublin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Don't go near PM. The company seems to be having some kind of meltdown since the start of June. They lost a parcel of mine for sure last week, and I think they've lost another one given that it's been a week since it was delivered to them. After ten days of me pestering them they said they they think the parcel arrived opened, but they can't prove this because they can't find it. Surely if it arrived empty, they might've notified me at the time? I'm waiting on 100 euro compensation from them and haven't decided whether or not to file a claim against in the SCC for negligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well holy god.
    A bing on the phone this morning at 10 and a text to tell me that my parcel was in my locker. 3 weeks after it arrived in their hands. A different picture received, but the same parcel. Though it had quite clearly been opened and resealed since the last picture I received.
    Just collected and everything accounted for.

I haven’t had a lot delivered through them, maybe 10 parcels or so and this was the only time there was a f up...... but they got there in the end.

in fairness to them, i ordered the other thing on saturday night and i got a notification email @ 16:21 saying its in dublin already!!!
    amazon say it was delivered to newton abbey at 15:07. they must be trying to make up for their mistake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

Seve OB wrote: »
    in fairness to them, i ordered the other thing on saturday night and i got a notification email @ 16:21 saying its in dublin already!!!
    amazon say it was delivered to newton abbey at 15:07. they must be trying to make up for their mistake :D

The Amazon Logistics tracking times don't seem to be very accurate. I've had PM check-in parcels in their Dublin depot before the time Amazon said they delivered it in Newtownabbey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

VG31 wrote: »
    The Amazon Logistics tracking times don't seem to be very accurate. I've had PM check-in parcels in their Dublin depot before the time Amazon said they delivered it in Newtownabbey!

Yeah you need to go to the An Post site to check the tracking to get live details. I had yet another ridiculous conversation with Amazon support this morning on just this subject about a damaged item that I had that was completely mashed.

Support: 'I can't process a return or refund as the item has not been delivered'
    Me: 'I just told you its here in my handsm its damaged and I've already asked you twice can I send you photographs of the parcel, item and damage'
    Support: 'The tracking has not been updated to say its been delivered'
    Me: 'It has on the carriers website - An Post'
    Support 'I'm sorry I cannot see that its been delivered, the item will be eligible for return on the 3rd of July'

etc.

etc. etc.

VG31 wrote: »

It hit the locker at 11.30 last night. I think they are trying to say sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

Hi There,

We are having an issue with Parcel Motel. Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar?

Essentially what happened is this. The parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel but it was put into another clients locker.

This person has collected the item.

We are told PM have attempted contact but the person is not returning calls and is ignoring voice mails.

Has anyone else experienced this? and if so what can be done?
    It's very disappointing that someone would take what they know is not theirs.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

obriendj wrote: »
    Hi There,

We are having an issue with Parcel Motel. Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar?

Essentially what happened is this. The parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel but it was put into another clients locker.

This person has collected the item.

We are told PM have attempted contact but the person is not returning calls and is ignoring voice mails.

Thanks

Is its value under the standard 100euro insurance? Just claim the money from them..its their fault and attempt to get item back have failed.

obriendj wrote: »

Thanks

In fairness lots of people ignore numbers which they don’t recognise for many reasons.

Any who ever checks voicemail?

spix wrote: »
    Is its value under the standard 100euro insurance? Just claim the money from them..its their fault and attempt to get item back have failed.

The money paid for is less than 100 and they may offer that.

But this is something that we won't be able to replace easily or at all. The product isno longer manufactured.

Seve OB wrote: »
    In fairness lots of people ignore numbers which they don’t recognise for many reasons.

Any who ever checks voicemail?

Yes I am a aware of private numbers etc. And voice mails are a thing of the past. But if you get a miscall then a voicemail, you would check it.

We are hoping they are trying their best to resolve trivial the item.

Maybe they can suspend the users account?

I would think most people would return an item that wasn't theirs. But that's probably me being nieve...

I was just hoping to see if anyone was in a similar boat previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

magoo84 wrote: »
    Don't go near PM. The company seems to be having some kind of meltdown since the start of June.

Rings true for me. I've never had any issues before, but now I'm waiting on something that's been "in transit" from them since June 16th! Customer service seem to be trying for me but not getting any reaction from the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I ordered a €300 phone through amazon last year. Delivered to their depot on a Saturday and went missing. Took me over two months to sort.
    Eventually they paid me €100 as I was able to provide a Pod.
    My advice and I learned the hard way. Anything of value don't buy through Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Same here! I have submitted a claim against them to the small claims court this week. Ten days after it arrived in their depot, they told me they think the parcel arrived already opened, but they couldn't prove it because they lost it in the meantime. You'd think if a parcel arrived opened they might let you know, instead of leaving it "in transit" for a week and a half and waiting for you to notice. They are so cavalier about customer service it's unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

castle2012 wrote: »
    I ordered a €300 phone through amazon last year. Delivered to their depot on a Saturday and went missing. Took me over two months to sort.
    Eventually they paid me €100 as I was able to provide a Pod.
    My advice and I learned the hard way. Anything of value don't buy through Parcel Motel.

Anything of value pay extra for increased insurance. That's what I've done in the past and was fully covered for loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

If your package is missing try the new "Find My Parcel" thing on their website first, instead of mailing and calling.

I've had two packages go missing recently because the sender left out information. If you have the tracking number, or even just vague details about the package, Find My Parcel will tell you 1) if they have it, 2) will allocate it to you and deduct payment/send it to you. It worked for my two packages at least.

It's on your home page when you log in, to the right of your balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

floorpie wrote: »
    If your package is missing try the new "Find My Parcel" thing on their website first, instead of mailing and calling.

I've had two packages go missing recently because the sender left out information. If you have the tracking number, or even just vague details about the package, Find My Parcel will tell you 1) if they have it, 2) will allocate it to you and deduct payment/send it to you. It worked for my two packages at least.

It's on your home page when you log in, to the right of your balance.

Yes, this works very well.
    UK sellers don’t seem to have heard of Parcel Motel and need to be spoonfed the correct address details and how important it is to write the PM ID on the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I’ve never had an issue with them and at this stage must have had hundreds of parcels delivered through them. The only time there was an issue was when the seller didn’t include my PMID on the label, and once I contacted them it was sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭rock22

My Parcel was received by them Wednesday 8th, email received, but it is still saying "in transit" with no date as to delivery to the locker.

They are clearly way slower than before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Last few deliveries . Waiting 2+ days for check in. Then another 24hr for delivery.
    If you are unlucky, thats not including a weekend where they down tools and another 2 day wait on top.

I know there is a bigger demand right now, but months later they really should be on top of delays.

DPD parcel wizard are getting you next day service.

Royal mail can get a parcel here in 24 hrs. Then Parcel motel keep it for the week.

Even getting a response from customer service takes a day.

Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not in my area, and they work(or worked) Saturdays.

Issue with a parcel with no PMID, everything else fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Nope, same here. Three days waiting for the parcel to be loaded into a box.
    I had Fastway deliver three times over in the same duration.
    Part of their problem is the limited amount of motel boxes and the reluctance of some people to collect the parcel quickly. I'd consider offering a discount for those who collect parcels quickly, that would free-up boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Haven't noticed a difference, of everything that has gone through them since the start of April it has all been checked in, in transit, and stored that evening or during the night for collection the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Funnily enough it's the opposite for me, always use Dpd but parcel motel have been much quicker recently

Advertisement