Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It .still wasn't packaged properly to make the full journey. The seller is at fault. If may have been fine while PM had it but it's poor packaging meant it got damaged during normal handling.

This is where I disagree. The seller got it to the destination in visually perfect condition. The damage was then caused by the courier. On the balance of probabilities (the legal requirement for civil cases), the probability would be that the courier damaged the item due to the evidence given.

I don't think it would be worth following up legally, but I'm not going to give up. As I said, it's a drop in the ocean for them, and the decent thing would be to cover the damage. Obviously PM are not a decent company. And considering they're owned by UPS, there's no reason to take this route imo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This is where I disagree. The seller got it to the destination in visually perfect condition. The damage was then caused by the courier. On the balance of probabilities (the legal requirement for civil cases), the probability would be that the courier damaged the item due to the evidence given.

I don't think it would be worth following up legally, but I'm not going to give up. As I said, it's a drop in the ocean for them, and the decent thing would be to cover the damage. Obviously PM are not a decent company. And considering they're owned by UPS, there's no reason to take this route imo.

First question to be asked in court; Was it packed sufficiently for transit?
    No.
    Second question: Did you take out the extra insurance?
    No.
    Case closed.

No matter how big a company is they aren’t going to just pay out when a shipper doesn’t make it suitable for transportation. There is movement and pressure on packages during transport, it was just luck it didn’t happen earlier in the chain.

So how can they explain there was no damage when it came from either England or Luxembourg (having trouble finding out) and appears perfect in the received picture, and then damaged by PM? It appears it was sufficiently packaged for the initial delivery...

It's just bad form for a multinational company to do this. Especially given the evidence they themselves provided. And because they're slow a fook to reply, my returns window for Amazon had expired. Because of their mis-handling of the product, as evidenced between the receipt and delivery pictures, I'm not down €100 and the people who damaged it are basically telling me to go fook myself.

Anyway, while I do expect them to pay out, I'm fairly positive they won't, so I just wanted to let people know of my experience with them, and to avoid using them if alternatives are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It only made it part way. It was clearly not packaged properly and that lies with the seller.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So how can they explain there was no damage when it came from either England or Luxembourg (having trouble finding out) and appears perfect in the received picture, and then damaged by PM? It appears it was sufficiently packaged for the initial delivery...

It's just bad form for a multinational company to do this. Especially given the evidence they themselves provided. And because they're slow a fook to reply, my returns window for Amazon had expired. Because of their mis-handling of the product, as evidenced between the receipt and delivery pictures, I'm not down €100 and the people who damaged it are basically telling me to go fook myself.

Anyway, while I do expect them to pay out, I'm fairly positive they won't, so I just wanted to let people know of my experience with them, and to avoid using them if alternatives are available.

No one can explain how it didn't get damaged, the same way as they probably don't know exactly where the damaged occurred.
    A big multinational will soon go bust if they start paying out for issues that are down to someone else. If you think any of the other couriers will pay out in this case you will be in for a rude awakening. The only way around this is to get product delivered directly, then it is the shippers responsibility the whole way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Does the motherboard work as it should?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gussieg

Oh dear they seem to have gone downhill rapidly. I used them to deliver shoes to someone earlier in the year and it got there no problem. Just posted something on Sunday evening, and still waiting to hear if it's arrived at destination motel , 20 odd miles away. Says there is liability up to 100 , but this thread has me nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What really bugs me is when I’m on hold (and I’m always on hold these days) and they’re playing that got awful stupid song on loop while some girl is saying how good Nightline are, how much they care and how they’re Ireland’s number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What really bugs me is when I’m on hold (and I’m always on hold these days) and they’re playing that got awful stupid song on loop while some girl is saying how good Nightline are, how much they care and how they’re Ireland’s number 1.

Aye, it's head wrecking!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

So delivered to Newtownabbey 08:19 on Tuesday, checked in 14:03 Thursday, in the locker 12:58 on Friday. Whats the meme - Not great, not terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Wish I'd read this thread a few days ago!

First courier says package delivered to Parcel Motel on Tuesday but still not logged.

Has this happened to anyone? Could it be a backlog or have they lost it?

Had one thing delivered Monday that I got notified about this morning and another couple of things delivered Tuesday that I've no notifications about.

Seems great to put the price up and then provide worse service.

D15 lost a pod of lockers a year or so ago in Ballycoolin and most were moved to Hartstown which is probably part of the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

So delivered to Newtownabbey 08:19 on Tuesday, checked in 14:03 Thursday, in the locker 12:58 on Friday. Whats the meme - Not great, not terrible.

Frankly considering the massive increase in online shopping and i mean MASSIVE increase, that is a good service imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

silver2020 wrote: »
    Frankly considering the massive increase in online shopping and i mean MASSIVE increase, that is a good service imo.

Not given my experience this week. Less than 24 hours from arrival in NI to picking it up.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Does the motherboard work as it should?

Pretty sure it's completely dead. PC won't power on with the new parts, so not a CPU/RAM issue, all other components working (turns out when I put the old parts back in, it started working again, negating the need for them in the first place, but still).
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It only made it part way. It was clearly not packaged properly and that lies with the seller.

It made it to its destination as per the order, ie: Parcel Motel. The seller wouldn't be responsible for what happens after that.

Either way I'm screwed, because of PM's slow response times and not answering the phones, it was gone past the return date for Amazon, which is why I'm fighting this as I'm now stuck with a non-working part I can't return.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 abcCORK87

Unfortunately courier companies are completely not prepared for what's happening (mainly due to PUP 350 euros...) I was talking with GLS and Fastway couriers and they are just fully packed with work... Fastway guy rented extra van and asked his wife to help him with deliveries... GLS guy got second driver to help and he still have not enough time to do all dropouts...

As the damage during shipment etc... the best way is to speak with sender. From my experience (im shipping 200-300 parcels each week) we are taking costs of lost damaged parcels on company cost as its impossible to get anything back from courier companies... i couldn't even get refund for shipping cost that i had to pay when i shipped 2 parcel with same order...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

gussieg wrote: »
    Oh dear they seem to have gone downhill rapidly..

Something is definitely up with them. I've been using Parcel Motel for years without any issues but they've lost my last two orders in a row. Got a refund for the first but it took multiple emails over the course of a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Does anyone know what happens to your package if you leave it uncollected?

I have one coming in the next week or two, but it looks like I may have to leave the country unexpectedly before it arrives, and I wont be back for a while. it mentions that it does a second attempt to deliver to your parcel locker, but it doesn't say anything after that.

Assuming I cant get anyone to collect it, what happens to it, is it destroyed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Does anyone know what happens to your package if you leave it uncollected?

I have one coming in the next week or two, but it looks like I may have to leave the country unexpectedly before it arrives, and I wont be back for a while. it mentions that it does a second attempt to deliver to your parcel locker, but it doesn't say anything after that.

Assuming I cant get anyone to collect it, what happens to it, is it destroyed?

It goes back to depot and reprocessed after 48 hours and charged for again. I dont know how many times they do that though. Get a friend to pick it up if its the lockers, they need the phone number/pin.

dan786 wrote: »
    It goes back to depot and reprocessed after 48 hours and charged for again. I dont know how many times they do that though. Get a friend to pick it up if its the lockers, they need the phone number/pin.

What happens if I have no more credit in the account after they process it once or twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭VG31

dan786 wrote: »
    I dont know how many times they do that though.

It's three AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What happens if I have no more credit in the account after they process it once or twice?

You really seem to be making a huge deal out of something so simple.

Leave your number with someone local you trust & forward the pin when you receive it if you are still away, job done.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Leave your number with someone local you trust & forward the pin when you receive it if you are still away, job done.

Or easier still, send them the QR code.

You're right, I'm just asking because I don't have anyone local that could collect it for me. I could probably reroute it to another locker near to one of my friends.

But if my friend decides its too much hassle, then I'm just asking in that hypothetical sitation what they do with the package

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Recently used addresspal. Painless compared with parcelmotel. Got plenty of emails/texts keeping me updated. Got the item delivered directly to my home instead for not much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Anyone seen this, I've a item I got on eBay but the seller can't get anyone to take it as it's going to Parcel Motel, I tried dpd and if I put in the PM post code it says no service, if I pick some random post code in the north it works,

He tried Hermes and DHL and both would not accept the order??

I've been getting items ok up to now.

Thanks

eiei0 wrote: »
    Anyone seen this, I've a item I got on eBay but the seller can't get anyone to take it as it's going to Parcel Motel, I tried dpd and if I put in the PM post code it says no service, if I pick some random post code in the north it works,

Thanks

Use Parcel Wizard?

eiei0 wrote: »

Thanks

I tried creating a shipment to PM (BT364PE) with Hermes there. It seemed to work fine. The PM address was even suggested.

I tried DPD as well, that wouldn't work for any postcode, even within Britain so it's probably just their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

Anyone with issues collecting from Parcelmotel this morning?

Just tried to collect a laptop I was waiting for, and the machine keeps saying PIN / QR code invalid.

Tried calling them with no luck.

However found the following in their support page:

Tuesday 18/11/2020 9AM

Please be advised some customers have reported issues when trying to collect with a pin code received this morning, our IT team are currently investigating this issue and will have this resolved as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for you patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Seller got it working so must have been a glitch last night, I'm sure DPD are blocking PM so people use PW,

I wonder how Brexit will affect these services,

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Almost 3 weeks, they lost a €1500 item on me, silence. I emailed them again today and told them I had recordings of a calls where I was promised I will be contacted in 2-3 days but never was.

Got a email from manager straighy away that she will get it resolved this week.

Looks like they have also stopped their support on twitter and facebook now. So looks like its going downhill. With brexit I wouldnt be surprised if its shut altogether.

Advertisement