Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Walked past Tesco roselawn a short while ago and spotted a new parcel motel depot at the trolley bays

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If it's this bad now what's it going to be like after black Friday? Have to say PM have always delivered for me, even the odd over-sized parcel without any bother. Anything that is sold 'free UK postage' we're still on a winner with PM IMHO.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

46 Long wrote: »
    Something is definitely up with them. I've been using Parcel Motel for years without any issues but they've lost my last two orders in a row. Got a refund for the first but it took multiple emails over the course of a month.

So i am not alone these days ? Went to collect a parcel the other day, got it home and copped it was not my parcel at all. It was for a guy with the same surname as me. Emailed PM first, waste of time, no answer. Been trying to ring them the past few days, not a hope of getting through it seems.

Then today i went to collect another parcel. "Either my phone number or pin is wrong", ehhhh nope i had both in my hand.

So when i get this sorted i am finished with them. Typical Irish company, things get busy and they fall apart like a Chinese moped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

They've started randomly sending my parcels to another collection point about 2 miles away. Although I appreciate their problem solving during a busy period, this would not be good if I were elderly for example, so I'd rather they gave notice of this practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

floorpie wrote: »
    They've started randomly sending my parcels to another collection point about 2 miles away. Although I appreciate their problem solving during a busy period, this would not be good if I were elderly for example, so I'd rather they gave notice of this practice.

They did that to me during the lockdown. So i went online and changed it back to the one a few hundred yards away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

tudderone wrote: »
    They did that to me during the lockdown. So i went online and changed it back to the one a few hundred yards away.

You're right, they had changed it online, thanks. Except, to a different one from the previous two, 2 miles in the other direction :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭uli84

Now they have increased the prices, hope the others will NOT follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I just got a parcel motel notification to collect a parcel from a different locker location. It's only a couple of miles away, so that's grand. They must be starting to use nearby locker locations if your preferred one is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meepp

How is their turn around on missing packages these days?

Hermes delivered a package Last Wednesday, after several days, didn't hear a thing.

So i put the tracking number into their parcel finder, nothing came up.

In the past, if there was a parcel with no pm number on it, it would be matched fairly quickly using this method?

I got a ticket number, but that was three days ago and the automated reply says please allow three days.

It's an xmas presewnt for my 9YO niece, i'm a bit worried someone has lifted it.

It was one of those scenarios where a kid wants something for Xmas that is long since discontinued. It's not going to be easy to replace.

Bit frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    Almost 3 weeks, they lost a €1500 item on me, silence. I emailed them again today and told them I had recordings of a calls where I was promised I will be contacted in 2-3 days but never was.

Got a email from manager straighy away that she will get it resolved this week.

Looks like they have also stopped their support on twitter and facebook now. So looks like its going downhill. With brexit I wouldnt be surprised if its shut altogether.

Finally the said its lost and asked me for Paypal details to refund the 1500. Thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

I’ve collected a good few things from Parcel Motel and have never once had any problems. Fantastic service all round! Great to use if you know no one will be home to collect for a delivery. I might just be one of the lucky ones!!

Finally the said its lost and asked me for Paypal details to refund the 1500. Thank god.

why PayPal?

Seve OB wrote: »
    why PayPal?

They have bank transfer option but Paypal is quickest and instant. Takes seconds. I can then send it straight to my linked account and its there the next day.

They have bank transfer option but Paypal is quickest and instant. Takes seconds. I can then send it straight to my linked account and its there the next day.

ah ok so you choose that
    do you not have to pay fees on paypal though?

Seve OB wrote: »
    ah ok so you choose that
    do you not have to pay fees on paypal though?

No, I get the full funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Returned a parcel to Lifestyle Sports through Parcel Motel on Wednesday. I just have a PM cust sent and PM cust stored on the tracking. First time for using the return service so just wondering if they normally update as to when it has been returned to the store.

PM Cust Sent Sender created a label to use at the motel.
    PM Cust Stored Sender has stored the parcel in the motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

eiei0 wrote: »
    Seller got it working so must have been a glitch last night, I'm sure DPD are blocking PM so people use PW,

I wonder how Brexit will affect these services,

Thanks

DPD shutting their virtual address option from 11th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Has PM confirmed how it’s going to work after Jan 1st? New PM opened down the road from me this week and would be really handy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Has PM confirmed how it’s going to work after Jan 1st? New PM opened down the road from me this week and would be really handy to use.

It all depends on a trade deal so I reckon they've no idea themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

I just received an update that my package is now in the Van and arrival estimate around 10-12. Do they work sundays or is this an incorrect update?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd say everyone will be doing Sundays, if not already, very shortly.

meepp wrote: »
    How is their turn around on missing packages these days?

Hermes delivered a package Last Wednesday, after several days, didn't hear a thing.

So i put the tracking number into their parcel finder, nothing came up.

In the past, if there was a parcel with no pm number on it, it would be matched fairly quickly using this method?

I got a ticket number, but that was three days ago and the automated reply says please allow three days.

It's an xmas presewnt for my 9YO niece, i'm a bit worried someone has lifted it.

It was one of those scenarios where a kid wants something for Xmas that is long since discontinued. It's not going to be easy to replace.

Bit frustrated.

Has this turned up yet and if so how long did it take?

My parcel was delivered by Hermes last Monday to the PM depot in NewtownAbbey but I still haven't received notification from PM.

I filled in the lost package form on Thursday, haven't heard anything back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meepp

Has this turned up yet and if so how long did it take?

My parcel was delivered by Hermes last Monday to the PM depot in NewtownAbbey but I still haven't received notification from PM.

I filled in the lost package form on Thursday, haven't heard anything back yet

It's good to know it's not just me.

I have heard nothing since however.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

uli84 wrote: »
    Now they have increased the prices, hope the others will NOT follow

Others are closing down so you're fairly safe there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Hi all,

I had 2 separate parcels delivered to the Parcel Motel depot in Newtownabbey on Saturday

Royal mail delivered a parcel at 7:30am on Saturday 21/11

Hermes delivered a parcel at 10:30am on Saturday 21/11

The parcel from Hermes was checked-in a few hours later and arrived in my locker later that night around 9pm

The parcel from Royal Mail, which showed as having arrived at the depot 3 hours before the Hermes parcel has not even been check-in yet (no "arrived at the depot" email confirmation received?)

Should I be worried, its a valuable car accessory worth about 200 euro.

Customer services are not answering the phone at all this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

ION08 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had 2 separate parcels delivered to the Parcel Motel depot in Newtownabbey on Saturday

The parcel from Hermes was checked-in a few hours later and arrived in my locker later that night around 9pm

The parcel from Royal Mail, which showed as having arrived at the depot 3 hours before the Hermes parcel has not even been check-in yet (no "arrived at the depot" email confirmation received?)

No, you just got lucky with the second parcel.

People just have to have a little more patience.

It's like a catastrophe if some people don't get a parcel in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smoeky

ION08 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had a parcel delivered Friday morning and still haven't heard anything from PM. Was that parcel larger by any chance?
    I realised that mine was probably oversized when I double checked. Hopefully it turns up soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

Ordered a laptop.
    Sent by DHL, who say delivered to PM on Thursday - no update yet from PM.
    Getting worried but as above commenters mention trying them some slack - especially as all th Black Friday deals have already begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Darc19 wrote: »
    No, you just got lucky with the second parcel.

People just have to have a little more patience.

It's like a catastrophe if some people don't get a parcel in 2 days.

Not at all, I don't mind waiting as long as I will receive it eventually...

I just hope someone hasn't pinched it and the complete lack of customer service isn't exactly confidence inspiring. :(

I also have another package (no idea what it could be) that is apparently "in transit" since 03 Nov for the past 20 days...

intransit.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Anyone ever have a parcel delivered only for the local PM to be out of order? Had a package delivered Saturday afternoon and when I tried to collect it several times between yesterday and today, the screen was blank.
    Tried contacting them but going by their Facebook, they don't reply. I've now gotten a message saying that it will be returned to the depot for reprocessing. Very frustrating.

Advertisement