Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

I've had issues with them since the 8th.

Timeline:

6th-8th November: They placed an item in a faulty locker, over the 48 hours I called and e-mailed about it to no avail.

9th November: Item gets brought back to depot.

9th - 17th November: More unanswered calls and e-mails.

18th November: A rep gets in touch with me via e-mail from one of the many tickets my e-mails seem to have opened (find my Parcel was useless), apologizes for the experience and tells me that the parcel will be given a new label and put back in a locker.

19th November - Now: Status on ParcelMotel says "ReturnedToAgency", I've got about 12 e-mails sent to PM asking for an update on where my parcel is and not a single phone call answered. Every time I e-mail, it creates a new ticket, even though I'm replying to an email an agent sent to me which outlines if I reply directly to that mail, it'll be the same ticket :confused:

Been using them for about 4 years now with over 300 parcels stored but this has left a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Hi, sorry if this has been answered already here, but just found this thread and I'm not going to read back 56 pages :)

I ordered something (small item maybe 500g) off ebay on 11 Nov from a UK seller / shop. Item was posted that night. I used ParcelMotel as my address (the Irish one, kicking myself now I forgot about the UK option).

It was shipped using standard Royal Mail post. No sign of it yet. And, this Wednesday I wrote to the seller asking if there is a tracking number, no reply thus far.

Should I be worried, 2.5 weeks now. I hope this is a stupid question, but for now, there is no customs involved, right?

Thanks

Mod:not relevant to An Post. Moved to PM thread. No customs effect until Jan 1 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Ok my parents ordered a parcel from Lakeland and put my mums name on it instead of my dads, addressed to PM up north with no PM number on it or anything.

How easy is it thesedays to contact Parcelmotel and get it sent to his account? Bearing in mind their age means they don't have the patience anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

A friend of mine had a package confiscated by customs last year. The first status said inspection by customs and the second one said Depot Outbound package. And then there was never an update after that.

Was your package dodgy or from outside the EU?

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crainn/comments/gqa2yp/parcel_motel_i_know/

It got checked in late last night so it's all grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Ok my parents ordered a parcel from Lakeland and put my mums name on it instead of my dads, addressed to PM up north with no PM number on it or anything.

How easy is it thesedays to contact Parcelmotel and get it sent to his account? Bearing in mind their age means they don't have the patience anymore.

With my experience of them in the past few months, virtually impossible :(.

• Advertisement

I ordered something (small item maybe 500g) off ebay on 11 Nov from a UK seller / shop. Item was posted that night. I used ParcelMotel as my address (the Irish one, kicking myself now I forgot about the UK option).

It was shipped using standard Royal Mail post.

Mod:not relevant to An Post. Moved to PM thread. No customs effect until Jan 1 2021

Hi, thanks for moving it to here. However, and maybe I don't understand the process as I don't buy online much, but would the Royal Mail not sent to Ireland, and then An Post take over and deliver it to Parcel Motel in Dublin 11? As I said, I supplied the Dublin PM address to ebay.

I had E3.95 in my PM account and rather than top up another E11 or whatever, I registered a card there. Could that be the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Hi, thanks for moving it to here. However, and maybe I don't understand the process as I don't buy online much, but would the Royal Mail not sent to Ireland, and then An Post take over and deliver it to Parcel Motel in Dublin 11? As I said, I supplied the Dublin PM address to ebay.

I had E3.95 in my PM account and rather than top up another E11 or whatever, I registered a card there. Could that be the issue?

No, generally you'd get a notification when it arrives to say you don't have enough credit. So it seems it hasn't arrived to PM yet, or the wrong PM number was on the parcel.

It might be worth emailing PM or using the "find a parcel" function, in case the parcel is there but hasn't been sorted for some reason

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its hard to know where to out it, because you have 3 different companies involved. Every one of them have delays. Some people have seen delays of over a week just getting it out of the UK and An Post are handling over 2million parcels a week at the moment. PM seem to be at the mercy of people collecting from various locker locations, are delayed because of it. It’s probably in a cage in Dublin, as An Post seem to be giving priority to Amazon at the moment. Customs shouldn’t be involved unless it looks like tablets, medication etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Quick question,
    Looking to get a couple of gaming chairs shipped from UK, I assume they'll be flat packed what's the best company for? I have parcel motel but probably too bulky for them and how much roughly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Quick question,
    Looking to get a couple of gaming chairs shipped from UK, I assume they'll be flat packed what's the best company for? I have parcel motel but probably too bulky for them and how much roughly

You need to get proper dimensions for the boxes and go to something like Parcel2go to get a price. Pointless without dimensions as you are assuming they will be flapacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

If you stay on hold they’ll eventually answer. Anything from 7-30 minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For the two times something similar happened me, I filled in their online form and they worked it all out.

Things are certainly a little slower at the moment, but I have never had anything go missing with them.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If you stay on hold they’ll eventually answer. Anything from 7-30 minutes.

I spent hours on the phone to them the week before last, never got to speak to anyone and gave up. Who has time for that ? Same regards emails, they have gone unanswered.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭sligopaul

Most recent parcel was 12 days from Ballymena to Sligo ( 12 Nov to 24 Nov ) and no notification of receipt other than tracker from courier that it was delivered, feel lucky it eventually landed.....

whiterebel wrote: »
    Its hard to know where to out it, because you have 3 different companies involved. Every one of them have delays. Some people have seen delays of over a week just getting it out of the UK and An Post are handling over 2million parcels a week at the moment. PM seem to be at the mercy of people collecting from various locker locations, are delayed because of it. It’s probably in a cage in Dublin, as An Post seem to be giving priority to Amazon at the moment. Customs shouldn’t be involved unless it looks like tablets, medication etc.

Thanks, I'll just wait hopefully not too long, just worried it was lost. It's a small car part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Still chasing them for a refund on an item Parcel Motel signed for at the start of October.

tudderone wrote: »
    I spent hours on the phone to them the week before last, never got to speak to anyone and gave up. Who has time for that ? Same regards emails, they have gone unanswered.

Totally agree. Spending 5 minutes on hold is a disgrace in my opinion. Shower of chancers. If they’re struggling with the workload then hire more people to answer the phones ffs

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Totally agree. Spending 5 minutes on hold is a disgrace in my opinion. Shower of chancers. If they’re struggling with the workload then hire more people to answer the phones ffs

Nope, it was more like 15-20 mins listening to that stupid advert they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

“Every parcel is as important as us as it is to you”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

My OH did this before - before it got to parcel motel I changed the name on the PM account to both our names then put all the info I could into the parcel tracker. Was delayed a day or two (bare in mind this was pre-lockdown so it could be longer now) but parcel made it's way to us

• Advertisement

I meant spending 5 mins before s a disgrace let alone 30 mins and longer.
    But hey, they’re Ireland’s number one parcel delivery service, lovely by thousands....and every parcel is as important to us, as it is to you xxx. Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

My OH did this before - before it got to parcel motel I changed the name on the PM account to both our names then put all the info I could into the parcel tracker. Was delayed a day or two (bare in mind this was pre-lockdown so it could be longer now) but parcel made it's way to us

ooo thats clever. When we get a tracking number off Lakeland I might do that - put that tracking number into the address I have given to PM perhaps along with both names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

ooo thats clever. When we get a tracking number off Lakeland I might do that - put that tracking number into the address I have given to PM perhaps along with both names.

I wouldn't put the tracking number in the address, just the names; but put the tracking number along with the expected delivery date etc into the parcel diary/parcel finder

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Parcel Motel are a joke every year in the run up to Christmas.
    They clearly don't have sufficient headcount to handle the busy Christmas period.
    I had a package signed for Wednesday morning and still hasn't been tracked to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

I thought with more people working from home that Parcel Motel might not be as popular - but maybe not as I know some use it for the UK address.
    An Post Address Pal works well too - especially for things with batteries - I ordered a power pack a few months ago using Address Pal (they have a hub in mainland Britain) and no issues, but couldn't order using PM as the address is Northern Ireland. Plus the collection at the post office was seamless and quick. Maybe stop using PM?

robo wrote: »
    I thought with more people working from home that Parcel Motel might not be as popular - but maybe not as I know some use it for the UK address.
    An Post Address Pal works well too - especially for things with batteries - I ordered a power pack a few months ago using Address Pal (they have a hub in mainland Britain) and no issues, but couldn't order using PM as the address is Northern Ireland. Plus the collection at the post office was seamless and quick. Maybe stop using PM?

Batteries are prohibited on AddressPal because the are hazardous on aircraft.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know if you can ask Parcel Motel to reject the delivery of a parcel?

UK retailer has taken weeks to deliver and retailer can't cancel order but said I can reject delivery and the parcel will be returned to them and then refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smoeky

Anyone know if you can ask Parcel Motel to reject the delivery of a parcel?

UK retailer has taken weeks to deliver and retailer can't cancel order but said I can reject delivery and the parcel will be returned to them and then refunded.

Unlikely, a previous poster had no luck. They don't process the parcels til they reach the Dublin depot

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

smoeky wrote: »
    Unlikely, a previous poster had no luck. They don't process the parcels til they reach the Dublin depot

Thanks, as I thought.

The only way I think could work but is quite drastic is to close my parcel motel account and/or delete the card details so they cant take thr fee for it (i don't keep a credit in the account).

Annoyed the retailer a) hasn't shipped the item yet and b) says they can't cancel it.

• Advertisement

Thanks, as I thought.

The only way I think could work but is quite drastic is to close my parcel motel account and/or delete the card details so they cant take thr fee for it (i don't keep a credit in the account).

Annoyed the retailer a) hasn't shipped the item yet and b) says they can't cancel it.

I'm the other poster with the similar problem and if you remove your card details or close the account they'll keep the parcel for 30 days and destroy it. If the retailer has no proof of delivery that's grand, but if they can prove it was delivered to PM and never returned you most likely won't get a refund. The retailer I'm dealing with in the UK is useless so it looks like I'll end up keeping the item as they won't pay return shipping on it (even though it was their mistake!)

Advertisement