Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

10 days now. No response to the find my parcel case I opened and no replies from emails to support. :confused:

Frustrating , T'was a Christmas present so have time to replace it but they should be replying to customers.

Anyone experience filing a claim for lost parcel?

LizardKing wrote: »
    No that's why I contacted them. DPD tracked delivery to them shows it delivered but then the trail stops.

I guess its in some backlog warehouse waiting (6 days now) to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lachako

Does anyone know what Location: PMD and Event: Released means in the Tracking History of a parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Lachako wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Location: PMD and Event: Released means in the Tracking History of a parcel?
    Sounds like a customs seizure and release, either coming from outside euro zone or suspected illegal product, but then rekeased without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

10 days now. No response to the find my parcel case I opened and no replies from emails to support. :confused:

Frustrating , T'was a Christmas present so have time to replace it but they should be replying to customers.

They wont respond to emails. Call them , you might need to hold for 20-30 mins.

They lost a 1500 Euro parcel on me end of October, agreed refund on 20th November , nothing since and after call and email to their manager it is to be paid out today.

In total it took 4 calls, dont let agents fob you off, ask it to be escalated to a manager and once your ticket gets assigned to a manager then they respond to any emails you sent regarding that ticket.

dan786 wrote: »
    They wont respond to emails. Call them , you might need to hold for 20-30 mins.

They lost a 1500 Euro parcel on me end of October, agreed refund on 20th November , nothing since and after call and email to their manager it is to be paid out today.

In total it took 4 calls, dont let agents fob you off, ask it to be escalated to a manager and once your ticket gets assigned to a manager then they respond to any emails you sent regarding that ticket.

Thanks .. will do!

• Advertisement

Sounds like a customs seizure and release, either coming from outside euro zone or suspected illegal product, but then rekeased without issue

It was coming from the UK and marked clearly by the retailer as a laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It was coming from the UK and marked clearly by the retailer as a laptop!

MOD: People are worried enough without starting this kind of panic.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

<SNIP>.

Have you heard of, or experienced this happening?

Once only about 3 years ago. The seller actually shipped the Laptop in it's own original box which had all the details displayed. In that particular case the package never reached its destination.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

How are Parcel Motel doing these days, I’m expecting a parcel in the coming days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What was deleted?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I'm the other poster with the similar problem and if you remove your card details or close the account they'll keep the parcel for 30 days and destroy it. If the retailer has no proof of delivery that's grand, but if they can prove it was delivered to PM and never returned you most likely won't get a refund. The retailer I'm dealing with in the UK is useless so it looks like I'll end up keeping the item as they won't pay return shipping on it (even though it was their mistake!)

Thanks, in my case will just have to wait for the stuff to arrive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Joziburg wrote: »
    How are Parcel Motel doing these days, I’m expecting a parcel in the coming days.

My first time using it..just got a email tonight saying my parcel is in Dublin.How long from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I'm waiting on a check in for a package I believe was delivered to PM on 16th November by Royal Mail. Filed the find my parcel a week ago, nothing back also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

sasta le wrote: »
    My first time using it..just got a email tonight saying my parcel is in Dublin.How long from there?

Normally by the next evening it would be in your locker

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Prezatch wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a check in for a package I believe was delivered to PM on 16th November by Royal Mail. Filed the find my parcel a week ago, nothing back also...

I've always found the service very solid, and to be fair although they hadn't answered my ticket with a response I rang through today and they confirmed they found my package which had been addressed with no PMID and would match it up to my account today. Took about 10mins on hold but all good given this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nikiko

Ordered dumbbells off parcel motel, tracking says they were delivered and signed for but haven't gotten a notification in a month. Opened countless tickets and sent tons of emails.

How do I get a refund? What can I do here? Do they still have it or has it got "lost"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Three deliveries today. The first two were fine, went to collect the third one and was greeted with an empty locker(??).

Managed to get through to their customer service number and was told that they would examine CCTV to see if the driver put it in the wrong locker.......I know they are under pressure right now but I see a claim in the not too distant future for this:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Nikiko wrote: »
    Ordered dumbbells off parcel motel, tracking says they were delivered and signed for but haven't gotten a notification in a month. Opened countless tickets and sent tons of emails.

How do I get a refund? What can I do here? Do they still have it or has it got "lost"?

I'm in the same boat.

They raised a claim and told me I would be refunded but that was about two weeks ago and they've stopped replying to my emails since.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

I've had multiple pins not work and had to repay for delivery. Additional weeks added to deliveries from Amazon.

I've rang them no answer.

I've opened multiple tickets. no answer.

They clearly don't have the capacity to handle the capacity.

If they've screwed you and wont answer or refund. Submit a chargeback with your bank. Enough red flags on their merchant account will flag them as an unreliable supplier with with Visa/Mastercard + get you your fee back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Three deliveries today. The first two were fine, went to collect the third one and was greeted with an empty locker(??).

Managed to get through to their customer service number and was told that they would examine CCTV to see if the driver put it in the wrong locker.......I know they are under pressure right now but I see a claim in the not too distant future for this:confused:

You couldn't throw up their customer service number? I got the text that mine was in the locker last week and when I went to collect the pin and qr code gave an error. It still says the package is stored.

I raised a ticket but there's been no response going on 5 days now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

If they've screwed you and wont answer or refund. Submit a chargeback with your bank. Enough red flags on their merchant account will flag them as an unreliable supplier with with Visa/Mastercard + get you your fee back.

Ok, this advice is actual gold.

I always top-up my account via PayPal so I raised a dispute on the last transaction I sent them. Had my missing item refunded in 12 minutes. Been chasing them since the start of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Simi wrote: »
    You couldn't throw up their customer service number? .

076 888 6677

There you go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Joziburg wrote: »

I haven't used it in a long time, converted to DPD as delivery suited better and never had an issue. I've a packaged showing checked into dublin since Monday but no sign of it coming to the locker yet, I know its a busy time ect but they also have increased their price for the service aswell.

As an aside both the forwarders were used often for packages from China to the UK as it tended to be quicker than China to Ireland direct. Moving forward with customs how is it likely to work, eg package valued at €15 goes via royalmail/parcelforce first and misses customs, is it then up to PM to randomly select packages and assess for vat or check every one?

5500 wrote: »
    I haven't used it in a long time, converted to DPD as delivery suited better and never had an issue. I've a packaged showing checked into dublin since Monday but no sign of it coming to the locker yet, I know its a busy time ect but they also have increased their price for the service aswell.

As an aside both the forwarders were used often for packages from China to the UK as it tended to be quicker than China to Ireland direct. Moving forward with customs how is it likely to work, eg package valued at €15 goes via royalmail/parcelforce first and misses customs, is it then up to PM to randomly select packages and assess for vat or check every one?

Parcel Motel do not deal with any parcel which has outstanding charges as far as I know. If anything is owed on the parcel they refuse to accept it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel Motel do not deal with any parcel which has outstanding charges as far as I know. If anything is owed on the parcel they refuse to accept it.

They won’t accept with outstanding charges, but Parcel Motel will accept packages from outside the EU, Parcel Wizard didn’t, to at least it was in their T&Cs.

I called today ... spoke to customer agent and she did a "search" then said she needed the order details invoice so they can do a "warehouse search" which can take 3 days. she sent me an email from the case I had opened and was replying to so it was all being logged just nobody responding to the case.

Its been 13 days now since it was delivered to them. I said why did you not do a warehouse search when I opened the lost parcel case, she said it needed the invoice info. They could have requested that via the case. I have sent this now via case email. I am not hopeful of it being found , Item was £109 so I will likely get max €100 back on a claim. I've used service since it opened up and first time I have had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I dont mean non EU charges as such (although technically it is from 1st jan) eg item from China arrives to parcel motel with no charges, previously all is good and you get your package, but after 1st Jan will it be the same or treated then as an import from the UK and stopped for VAT at that point

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If it's under the €26 threshold for VAT it would go through as normal. After July 1st the lower threshold will be removed, so everything will be liable from outside the EU. I don't think PM will keep the service to be honest unless they have a massive hike in charges. I can see it getting messy with people refusing stuff because they didn't expect charges etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

whiterebel wrote: »
    If it's under the €26 threshold for VAT it would go through as normal. After July 1st the lower threshold will be removed, so everything will be liable from outside the EU. I don't think PM will keep the service to be honest unless they have a massive hike in charges. I can see it getting messy with people refusing stuff because they didn't expect charges etc.

I don't see how they can continue operating as is after Jan 1st. I'd say they'll get there money's worth over Xmas and either close off the Belfast address or wind down the service altogether.

Advertisement