Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Is this package going to the UK?
    If it is, it has a UPS tracking number and UPS will be the one to deliver them .To answer your question, yes
    it will take time for PM to update. Send them
    an email and ask for a UPS tracking nimber. Hope that helps.

This is the problem though....UPS are not issuing tracking numbers for many packages due to problems with their systems. I shipped 6 parcels to the UK at the start of December. 1 was issued with a tracking number from UPS, the others are stuck somewhere, delivered already or lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Is this package going to the UK?

No, PM to PM within Ireland. Taking over 2 weeks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jwmpayne2004

This is the problem though....UPS are not issuing tracking numbers for many packages due to problems with their systems. I shipped 6 parcels to the UK at the start of December. 1 was issued with a tracking number from UPS, the others are stuck somewhere, delivered already or lost.
    Thats the reason why I ship to UK through anpost as packet boxes containg 1 kilo is only 18euros and can insure them up to 500euros. Takes 4 days to deliver with no drama.

Thats the reason why I ship to UK through anpost as packet boxes containg 1 kilo is only 18euros and can insure them up to 500euros. Takes 4 days to deliver with no drama.

All my items were in excess of 3kgs. An Post wasn't an option due to cost. PM had served me well up to this December, I've shipped dozens of packages to the UK with no issues prior to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

My wee package has checked into Parcel motel, happy days. Posted Thursday 17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Only €18? UPS is €12 to the UK for the same size with two day delivery. I've used them many times this year including twice this month without any issues.
    All my items were in excess of 3kgs. An Post wasn't an option due to cost. PM had served me well up to this December, I've shipped dozens of packages to the UK with no issues prior to this.

Shipping direct with UPS is a much better option. I find them very good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

For anyone looking for updates, I ordered a Firestick on Amazon on Saturday night, due for delivery to Newtonabbey today (with Prime), got an email at midday to say it’s in Dublin. Amazon account says it's arrived at the final delivery station but not actually showing as delivered yet.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So I've rang 17 times and no response. Emailed no response. Twitter no response.

Package checked in (sent me a photo) on December 4th. Nothing since. Literally no idea what to do now. It's gone passed their 14 days to submit a claim so I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I had insufficient credit, apparently they increased their prices since I topped up in August. Their support page says I can add a credit card and it will automatically take the payment, but it hasnt happened yet anyways. Do I need to get in contact with them or will it eventually be taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

I had insufficient credit, apparently they increased their prices since I topped up in August. Their support page says I can add a credit card and it will automatically take the payment, but it hasnt happened yet anyways. Do I need to get in contact with them or will it eventually be taken?

Yes customers got an email in October about a price change to€4.50 for the Christmas period.
    I didn't like it but it was the best option available to me for some orders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

@Beric Dondarrion - 10 days in the current climate is nothing. PMs updating on exports was always atrocious, even for returns where they were nominated. I think its fair to say it was very slow, with very few updates, but they did seem to arrive.

harmless wrote: »
    Yes customers got an email in October about a price change to€4.50 for the Christmas period.
    I didn't like it but it was the best option available to me for some orders.

I definitely didn't get an email about it, just searched my emails again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

I definitely didn't get an email about it, just searched my emails again now.

Are you sure it didn't go to your spam folder?
    It was sent on the 30th of October and was an automated mail to every customer they have on file.
    I remember being a bit annoyed by it.

whiterebel wrote: »
    @Beric Dondarrion - 10 days in the current climate is nothing. PMs updating on exports was always atrocious, even for returns where they were nominated. I think its fair to say it was very slow, with very few updates, but they did seem to arrive.

I agree with this 100%. Delays are happening everywhere due to current events (I just received a delivery delay notification from the Book Depository) but some people are expecting their orders to arrive within pre-Covid time frames which is a bit unreasonable. At this stage I'm going to take a step back and see what unfolds.

Just to answer my own question in case anyone else is in the same situation. They did charge my card a few hours later. They charged the balance of what I owed minus the credit I had left. (so they charged me €1.10 as I had 3.40 credit left)

Any one out there tried Royal Mail redirect mail option? I have one package left going to PM arriving from Japan as Japan can’t ship to Ireland directly,and I have been doing this 2x a month since the pandemic.The package I think won’t be received on the 28th, and planning to redirect my mail to the closest RM PO and collect them after the 28th up North. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Etsy seller shipped me something on the 6th, Yodel never updated her tracking so I have no idea when PM got it but it was checked in yesterday afternoon and was in my locker in the wee hours this morning. Went to grab it on the way to work and the whole collection point was powered off. My saga continues.

Also, for the grinchy lad up above, I need a charger for my switch and I can still order today for xmas eve delivery in Dublin off amazon.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Any one out there tried Royal Mail redirect mail option? I have one package left going to PM arriving from Japan as Japan can’t ship to Ireland directly,and I have been doing this 2x a month since the pandemic.The package I think won’t be received on the 28th, and planning to redirect my mail to the closest RM PO and collect them after the 28th up North. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

I get a package from Japan once a month direct to Ireland. It's DHL express and costs €11. Normally takes 3-4 days to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Sadly that didn't work for me......PM signed for it and lord knows what they did with it....No sign anywhere and customer service have nothing on their system for it...so bye bye parcel..Mod - No allegations without proof. With everything up in a heap it may turn up when it calms down.

All parcels insured for up to €100 so claim that, might make them want to look for it.

antodeco wrote: »
    I get a package from Japan once a month direct to Ireland. It's DHL express and costs €11. Normally takes 3-4 days to arrive.

DMed, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

How does this work? I bought a Walkman case from an eBay seller in Japan who wouldn't ship to Ireland so it is in transit to PM with Japan Post now, but is not expected until the new year :-/

How does this work? I bought a Walkman case from an eBay seller in Japan who wouldn't ship to Ireland so it is in transit to PM with Japan Post now, but is not expected until the new year :-/
    I’m trying to redirect my mail with the nearest PO address around PM Newtown Abbey. Will let you know soon as I’m successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

I’m trying to redirect my mail with the nearest PO address around PM Newtown Abbey. Will let you know soon as I’m successful.

Nice one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I had a parcel (return to UK worth 150 euro) sent November 30th and last tracking being outbound delivery as of Dec 2nd that I presumed lost.. parcel motel said it would still arrive but no answer to any emails, so very surprised when the company today mailed to say received and refund being processed!

Outbound delivery with PM still has Dec 2nd..

Relieved though as wasn’t expecting to even get 100e for lost package based on current form!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

Sadly that didn't work for me......PM signed for it and lord knows what they did with it....No sign anywhere and customer service have nothing on their system for it...so bye bye parcel..Mod - No allegations without proof. With everything up in a heap it may turn up when it calms down.

Do they send internal reports or details of how they lost it? I’ve just had an iPhone “lost” by them. Seems strange as it’s the first item out of +100 I’ve had delivered with PM of any real value and it mystically goes missing. Some very big cracks in the parcel motel depot it appears...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Parcel Motel seem to have stopped sending out the notification texts for some reason. Received two emails last night regarding parcels ready for collection but no notification SMS to let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

viperlogic wrote: »
    @auldDaysul has yours (or anyone else's) progressed on from "outbound - parcel motel dublin" in past few weeks? Mine hasnt moved since the 8th Dec

Yes my sent package was delivered to the other PM user, however it still says outbound on the tracker! I got my last delivery yesterday aswell, checked in yesterday and in the locker last night. Goodbye and massive thanks to PM, its been a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought I read somewhere PM were extending stay times for the next few days but doesn't look to be the case! :(

Got a bottle of Makers Mark and Opihr Gin ordered last week and need to pick up this morning. It was late arriving in PM so Amazon indicated I could apply for a refund. Reckon Jeff Bezos is doing alright so took it. Merry Christmas!

Have adjustable wall vents arriving into Antrim today so was hoping to just venture into the madness that I refer as "Covid Christmas Swarms" just the once but guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DuffyC

Does anyone know what NRB means I had a parcel released yesterday at 5pm and as yet no sign of it (11:15am) all previous parcels had PMD beside the released note but now this is saying NRB

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Well after the phone calls I've had to make yesterday & this morning i have bloody well lost the plot! Has anyone ever heard of anyone taking them to the small claims court? Am going to be looking into this option as they just don't seem to care & they're customer service agents are just plain rude; yes, Kyra, Kylie, Jamella, Chayenne, etc that means you.

Advertisement