Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Text service down so check emails if expenting parcels.

Very quick last 2 days, Parcel delivered on Monday morning and stored same night.

3 parcels delivered yesterday morning and again all 3 stored yesterday night.

I am done and have my balance to zero. Unless miracle happens with trade deal , I wont be using them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is nightline still around I’ve not seen them in my area for sometime!? Just wondering if Next deliver via nightline for home delivery? I know monsoon/accessorize use to but not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

starlit wrote: »
    Is nightline still around I’ve not seen them in my area for sometime!? Just wondering if Next deliver via nightline for home delivery? I know monsoon/accessorize use to but not anymore.

They still exist but they've rebranded as UPS now. It's still Nightline drivers that do the Next deliveries as well as the other clothes shops.

Is it still a nightline van or is it a ups one?

starlit wrote: »
    Is it still a nightline van or is it a ups one?

It's neither where I live, it's someone in a car or taxi. It's always been like that. I don't think any UPS vans do the Nightline contracts.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    It's neither where I live, it's someone in a car or taxi. It's always been like that. I don't think any UPS vans do the Nightline contracts.

That’s quiet odd. I know ups use a plain small white van in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jwmpayne2004

46 Long wrote: »
    Parcel Motel seem to have stopped sending out the notification texts for some reason. Received two emails last night regarding parcels ready for collection but no notification SMS to let me know.

Received a text this evening for my parcel, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

46 Long wrote: »
    Parcel Motel seem to have stopped sending out the notification texts for some reason. Received two emails last night regarding parcels ready for collection but no notification SMS to let me know.

Yeah dunno what's going on, I got a random text today with a pin, only have one item outstanding so thought it might be that, but the pin didn't work, and nothing in my account when I checked there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I cant complain about parcel motel service. I ordered an item on amazon late on monday night. Stored now in the locker this morning. Would have had to wait until after xmas with an post. Will miss PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Brexit deal expected today, let's see what happens

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any idea what the Brexit deal will mean for Parcel Motel and the other parcel forwarders? Will the Northern Ireland Protocol still cause issues for PM/PW? Presumably AddressPal will be fine since they're in England.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

VG31 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what the Brexit deal will mean for Parcel Motel and the other parcel forwarders? Will the Northern Ireland Protocol still cause issues for PM/PW? Presumably AddressPal will be fine since they're in England.

Means its business as usual with no new tariffs etc, great for exporters in Ireland too.

Cant see why parcel wizard and parcel motel can't reopen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No one knows yet. It still has to be ratified by the EU Ambassadors. There is a sticky thread already about it, which will be updated as we get more information.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

whiterebel wrote: »
    No one knows yet. It still has to be ratified by the EU Ambassadors. There is a sticky thread already about it, which will be updated as we get more information.

That's a formality - free trade for both for at least 4 years.

Brits get to keep buying their cars without a tariff, as do online shoppers here. Exporters here win too.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

That's a formality - free trade for both for at least 4 years.

Brits get to keep buying their cars without a tariff, as do online shoppers here. Exporters here win too.

Do you think the vote to pass this agreement in the house of commons will also be just a formality?

The Tory's have a large majority so it should be.

harmless wrote: »
    Do you think the vote to pass this agreement in the house of commons will also be just a formality?

The Tory's have a large majority so it should be.

Starmer said Labour will vote for the deal so it's definitely a formality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Means its business as usual with no new tariffs etc, great for exporters in Ireland too.

Cant see why parcel wizard and parcel motel can't reopen.

My understanding is that there are no tariffs but that doesn't mean there won't be VAT and customs fees. UK is still going to be outside the customs union.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just an FYI. I raised a ticket just over a week ago and again today. Over 7000 tickets been raised in that time (difference in ticket numbers). That can't be a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

antodeco wrote: »
    Just an FYI. I raised a ticket just over a week ago and again today. Over 7000 tickets been raised in that time (difference in ticket numbers). That can't be a good sign.

Have to ask, where did you get the 7000 figure?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Have to ask, where did you get the 7000 figure?

First ticket was number 731XXX and new ticket number is 738XXX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Hi all,

I was reading the Brexit update and noted a new Dublin virtual address.

I placed an order around a month ago using the current/old address, which will ship soon from the U.S.

The shipping address can't be changed - will my items be accepted or returned to sender?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

antodeco wrote: »

It's zendesk, every enquiry has a number allocated even those that are answered by the automated software.

You will find about 90% of queries are benign queries that are answered automatically.

I'd love to send you a list of questions asked of the bots we use - you would not believe how ridiculous some are and in many cases the answer is staring at them and they will still ask!

So I'd totally ignore that figure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Hi all,

I was reading the Brexit update and noted a new Dublin virtual address.

I placed an order around a month ago using the current/old address, which will ship soon from the U.S.

The shipping address can't be changed - will my items be accepted or returned to sender?

Thanks
    I wouldn't worry.

That's actually the original address and where nightline are based.

They obviously expect a big drop in volumes, but the new (original) address is literally a few hundred metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

So given the brexit deal are they going to restart ni operations?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So given the brexit deal are they going to restart ni operations?

They haven’t said, so We don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Darc19 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry.

That's actually the original address and where nightline are based.

They obviously expect a big drop in volumes, but the new (original) address is literally a few hundred metres away.

Perfect, thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

With the Brexit deal, I know there’ll be no tariffs (at least for 4 years) but will we have to pay VAT etc? I feel like my local locker would have to close if I stopped using PM :)

With the Brexit deal, I know there’ll be no tariffs (at least for 4 years) but will we have to pay VAT etc? I feel like my local locker would have to close if I stopped using PM :)

Read back a few pages here as nobody knows yet:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058137116

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Just got an email for PM saying I can still use my Irish Virtual Address. Didn’t even know I had one. I’m assuming that’s useless?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I hear so many bad reports about parcelmotel it’s mental, but I have never once had an issue and have used it for years. Will be sad to see it go, if it does go.

Advertisement