Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I close my BOI Graduate Account? I do not live in Ireland anymore

Options
  • 30-11-2017 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Dear Mr. or Mrs. from Bank of Ireland,

I would really like your help in closing my BOI Graduate Account. I came back to Brazil and I no longer live in Ireland so I am a little worried and confused about the process since I have just received an e-mail from you saying that my account is going to change to ‘Personal Account’. I have plans to come back to Ireland to do my Masters, but only in 2019, so I think it is better to close this account from now and opening another one in the future. 

I have made a research and I read somewhere that I should write a letter, sign it and post it to BOI. So here are my queries:

1. Which BOI Branch do I send the letter to? I studied in National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG) and I remembered opening my account in 2014 in Eire Square. (I was a student from Science Without Borders, between the period of 2014 – 2015 in NUIG).

2. I have 2 Euros in my BOI account, but I do not have any intentions to get it back. 

3.  Do you have any model of letter that I can use to send? In my research on the internet I have found that is necessary these BOI Account details: Account Name, National Sort Code, Account Number, IBAN, BIC, Registered Residence during my stay in Ireland.

-Are there any more details that I need to include?

-Do I need to mention my passport number / Date of Birth / GNIB number in the letter?

4. How many days will BOI take to carry out my requests (In the e-mail was mentioning that my account is going to automatically change in January, so I am a little bit afraid of the short period of time – since we are close to Christmas I’m afraid my letter won’t reach you in time)?

5. Is there anything else I am expected to do besides just posting a letter? Please guide me! 

I would really appreciate it if you could share any alternative process for closing my BOI Account (maybe sending a letter in PDF with my signature and all details included). 

I look forward to your help and guidance      

Thank you for reading this. I hope you have a very nice day. :) :pac::)

Best Regards,

Mariana Marques

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Dear Mr. or Mrs. from Bank of Ireland,

I would really like your help in closing my BOI Graduate Account. I came back to Brazil and I no longer live in Ireland so I am a little worried and confused about the process since I have just received an e-mail from you saying that my account is going to change to ‘Personal Account’. I have plans to come back to Ireland to do my Masters, but only in 2019, so I think it is better to close this account from now and opening another one in the future.

I have made a research and I read somewhere that I should write a letter, sign it and post it to BOI. So here are my queries:

1. Which BOI Branch do I send the letter to? I studied in National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG) and I remembered opening my account in 2014 in Eire Square. (I was a student from Science Without Borders, between the period of 2014 – 2015 in NUIG).

2. I have 2 Euros in my BOI account, but I do not have any intentions to get it back.

3. Do you have any model of letter that I can use to send? In my research on the internet I have found that is necessary these BOI Account details: Account Name, National Sort Code, Account Number, IBAN, BIC, Registered Residence during my stay in Ireland.

-Are there any more details that I need to include?

-Do I need to mention my passport number / Date of Birth / GNIB number in the letter?

4. How many days will BOI take to carry out my requests (In the e-mail was mentioning that my account is going to automatically change in January, so I am a little bit afraid of the short period of time – since we are close to Christmas I’m afraid my letter won’t reach you in time)?

5. Is there anything else I am expected to do besides just posting a letter? Please guide me!

I would really appreciate it if you could share any alternative process for closing my BOI Account (maybe sending a letter in PDF with my signature and all details included).

I look forward to your help and guidance

Thank you for reading this. I hope you have a very nice day. :) :pac::)

Best Regards,

Mariana Marques

Hi Mariana,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You can request to close your account online and I've given a link here that you can use to do so.
    If you would like to close your account with a written letter of request I'd ask you to just confirm your account information and sign the letter, please also include contact information for yourself in case there is any follow up needed on this. I'd ask you to send this letter to your account holding branch (GNIB in this case).

Thanks again for your message,
    Darren.

Advertisement