Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tulfarris GC... who's played it in 2017?

Options
  • 30-11-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

Has anyone played Tulfarris Golf Club this year? What are your thoughts on the golf experience, condition, etc?

Answers will be used in an upcoming Irish Golfer Magazine article. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newport2

I played it earlier in the year. Thought they had done a lot of good work there - I used to be a member there. The new owner has put quite a bit of investment into it.

Great course, tough but fair. Excellent stretch of finishing holes. It was in great condition (I played it during quite a dry spell), except some bunkers were a bit lacking in sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Without meaning to take the conversation away from OP’s question, I’m not sure Tulfarris could be described as a “great course”. Perfectly pleasant and occasionally exciting, but not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Occasionally excusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newport2

thewobbler wrote: »
    Without meaning to take the conversation away from OP’s question, I’m not sure Tulfarris could be described as a “great course”. Perfectly pleasant and occasionally exciting, but not great.

I'm sure any course can be described as a "great course" when an opinion is asked for. :D Also depends what you mean by "great". I would rate it as better than most courses. I played it for 3-4 years, week in, week out and never tired of it. There's not many courses that I could say that about. I think it's under-rated.

I'd also say Lahinch, Tralee, Druid's Glen and Mount Juliet are "great" courses, just quite a bit more "great" than Tulfarris. Subjective.

Advertisement