Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online chat cut me off & i have now way of ringing in to you as my landline is dead.

Options
  • 30-11-2017 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

[2:14:36 PM]

Serine

[2:15:52 PM]

hi my Landline has went totally dead, there is no tone at all , can you check my line for me please ?

Serine
    that, must be upsetting.

I'll do everything possible to sort this out for you, Joe.

Are you experiencing any noise in your handset?

You

[2:16:24 PM]

none whatsoever and the light is off on the handset as well

Serine

[2:18:06 PM]

could you please wait for few minutes while I run few test on your line?

You

[2:18:26 PM]

no problem, thank you

Serine

system

[2:22:42 PM]

Chat session will be closed soon due to inactivity of chat participants.

You

[2:23:06 PM]

excuse me ??

Representative Serine has left the session
    Chat session ended

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I posted transcript above to save time, can you let me know what is going on please?  

I tried again and got the same rep 

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I tried again and got the same rep 
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Representative Serine has joined the session[/font]
    Serine

[2:28:46 PM]

Welcome to eir technical Support, my name is Serine.
    Could you please help me with your account number or landline number and also confirm the account holder's first and last name please?

You

[2:29:02 PM]

hi serine I just contacted you and you cut off my Chat

You

[2:29:14 PM]

*redacted*

You

[2:29:26 PM]

Hi my Landline has went totally dead, there is no tone at all , can you check my line for me please ?

Serine

I’m sorry to know that, must be upsetting.

I'll do everything possible to sort this out for you, Joe. 

Are you experiencing any noise in your handset?

You

[2:16:24 PM]

none whatsoever and the light is off on the handset as well

Serine

[2:18:06 PM]

could you please wait for few minutes while I run few test on your line?

You

[2:18:26 PM]

no problem, thank you

sys

You

[2:29:46 PM]

system

[2:22:42 PM]

Chat session will be closed soon due to inactivity of chat participants.

You

[2:23:06 PM]

excuse me ??

Representative Serine has left the session
    Chat session ended

Serine

[2:31:42 PM]

Hi, Joe. It's Serine again.

Serine

[2:31:52 PM]

The chat session was expired as there was no response from you.

You

[2:31:56 PM]

yeah whats going on

You

[2:32:06 PM]

as you can see above there was

You

[2:32:22 PM]

I said excuse me

You

[2:32:40 PM]

so you can apologise for that

Serine

[2:33:42 PM]

Joe, I would like to keep you updated regarding the live test which I have done. I could not find any fault in your broadband line. 

Are you experiencing this in wired device or wireless?

You

[2:34:00 PM]

wired land line phone

You

[2:34:28 PM]

you can also apologise for the reason the chat ended anytime you like

You

[2:36:06 PM]

im not looking for fault in my broadband line im looking for why my landline is dead

Serine

[2:37:00 PM]

Joe, I would like to inform the chat was disconnected automatically by the system.

You

[2:37:54 PM]

you didnt say that you said it was because of because of no response from me which is false

Serine

[2:38:34 PM]

And I checked your land line too. I could find some fault in your telephone line but that appears very minor

You

[2:39:14 PM]

can you fix it , because i do not have a tone on my phone

Serine

[2:39:50 PM]

Joe, We need to escalate this issue to the engineers team. Once this is escalated, they will come to your premises to resolve this issue.

You

[2:40:16 PM]

ok then will you do that now then

Serine

[2:40:40 PM]

Joe, once the case is escalated from my end, the engineers will resolve the issue in 2-3 working days.They will contact you before they visit your premises.

Serine

[2:40:46 PM]

But don't worry, Joe. This is the maximum time that our engineers take to resolve this issue. This can be resolved anytime before that, based on the nature of the issue.

You

[2:41:20 PM]

ok can you escalate it at your end then please

Serine

[2:42:18 PM]

sure, could you please provide me your best mobile number? which can help the engineers to contact you when they visit your premises.

You

[2:42:38 PM]

*redacted*

Serine]

thanks

I am arranging the engineer visit for you, Joe. 

Before I proceed further I need to read out a statement which is mandatory.

You won't be charged unless the engineer finds the fault within your property. Charges up to 150€ will be applied only in instances such as faulty cables, damage caused to our equipment by pets, building work or if the issue is with any non eir equipment.

So please make sure the connections are perfect inside because you will not be charged if the fault outside or if the fault on the eir equipment. 

Shall I go ahead and escalate?

You

[2:47:00 PM]

I will try it with a different phone before agreeing to that, and I have to say I find your ignorance about how the last chat ended very poor , have a good day

you'd want to be sending serine to charm school for some reason i wasn't able to copy their replies from the second chat but they tried to blame me for having the chat cut off and no apologies and a warning that ill  possibly be charged €150 when your engineer comes out , even though they said their was a fault on my line 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    you'd want to be sending serine to charm school for some reason i wasn't able to copy their replies from the second chat but they tried to blame me for having the chat cut off and no apologies and a warning that ill  possibly be charged €150 when your engineer comes out , even though they said their was a fault on my line 
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Firstly, I sincerely apologise for the service you've received on our online chat. 

With regards to your phone issue, this sounds like it may be an issue with your device itself and not with your line, however, I'm unable to confirm this, you do need to get in touch with our technical support team so they can test your line. Do you have a mobile phone you could ring them from? Their direct number is 1890260260 or you can free phone 1901 and you'll be able to get through to them.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement