Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brake lever nicked again

Options
  • 30-11-2017 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭

I love giving to charity but do wish the local needy would ask before helping themselves to my brakes.

I've also had my seat nicked. Any advice of how to stop the local kids from nicking stuff at the train station?

I was thinking of filling the screws with silicon. That means I can pick it out with a toothpick but they wouldn't be able to get there tool in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

afatbollix wrote: »
    I was thinking of filling the screws with silicon. That means I can pick it out with a toothpick but they wouldn't be able to get there tool in.
    Superglue bearing balls into the hex head. Or buy Pitlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Pitlocks look the business!
    Cheap n cheerful alternative: security caps head bolts maybe? Caps-head with a pip in the middle: allen key with a hole in the middle. Not a deterent to the determined thief though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

This is kids so if I make it harder hopefully they will go for the bike beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

afatbollix wrote: »
    I've also had my seat nicked. Any advice of how to stop the local kids from nicking stuff at the train station?

You've already lost once you lock it there. Unless using a big station with bike lockers (Pearse Street, might be the only one).

Might be time for a brommy you can bring onboard with ya.

Advertisement