Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zip file corupt,, tried everything

Options
  • 30-11-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

hey guys,, tried a few prgrammes, but cant get anywhere,, y ideas?

they were google photos I downloaded from google photos and something happened and now they are corrupt,.. this is what it says when I try open it

warning no archives found

The archive is in either unknown format or corrupt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Are the originals deleted from Google photos?

Does the filesize if the zip seem right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The download must have stopped before the zip file was fully built.
    You could try the download again, for a zip as before.
    Or if you highlight photo and click the three dots in the top right corner and then click download, you can bring it down as an uncompressed image.
    And you can use Takeout to download entire album.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭garyskeepers

mordeith wrote: »
    Are the originals deleted from Google photos?

Does the filesize if the zip seem right?

yes I deleted the original from google photos to make some space... and yes,,, the zip files are big,,, first one I tried was 174 MB , so I know there is stuff in there.
    Are Am Eye wrote: »
    The download must have stopped before the zip file was fully built.
    Takeout to download entire album.

no I think they downloaded,, all in all there was about 10 zip files,, and none of them work,, there was a a tonne of files and photos on the laptop which after this "whatever happened" which I don't know,, just refused to open... so I don't know,, a virus? maybe ?

eg,, some photos wouldn't open,videos, some word docs, and zip files. but only SOME..

every files on the system wasn't affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Did you empty the recycle bin on google?
    If not restore and download again.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭garyskeepers

I did yeah.. it was over 60 days ago anyway...

I'm just getting round to trying to figure out how to fix it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

yes I deleted the original from google photos to make some space... and yes,,, the zip files are big,,, first one I tried was 174 MB , so I know there is stuff in there.

no I think they downloaded,, all in all there was about 10 zip files,, and none of them work,, there was a a tonne of files and photos on the laptop which after this "whatever happened" which I don't know,, just refused to open... so I don't know,, a virus? maybe ?

eg,, some photos wouldn't open,videos, some word docs, and zip files. but only SOME..

every files on the system wasn't affected.

Might be a failure with whatever you are using ..... OS or application ..... to open the files.
    Maybe try another PC?
    Different OS or app?

Advertisement