Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I avail of 2 electric Ireland credits

Options
  • 30-11-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

I am thinking about switching to electric Ireland and also up grading the insulation in my house. I was told I could get an electric ireland credit of up to 364 euro for the insulation. I also see on your web site that I can get a credit of 175 euro if I switch to electric Ireland. Can i claim these 2 credits at the same time ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi spindex,

Many thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

The €175 switching bonus credit is just applied to the customer's electricity account as a lump sum when they register, and this bonus pre-pays €175 worth of bills (direct debit required). There is also a saving applied to the units used on every bill (5.5% for electricity alone, 8.5% for electricity and gas each - Online Billing required). This offering is from Electric Ireland Sales. Switching can be completed here on the Electric Ireland website.

The credit for insulation is part of a different offering - a venture between Electric Ireland Home Energy Services and participating contractors: this is called the Energy Efficiency Incentive. Those who are already registered with Electric Ireland can avail of this scheme.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement