Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How lazy can you get?

Options
  • 30-11-2017 4:55pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm a particularly lazy cook. I could boil off some pasta and add a portion of a tin of tomatoes and some salt and pepper and be happy with that for dinner. If I'm feeling particularly adventurous I might add some frozen veg in to the mix, but cook it along with the pasta to save washing up. Or, add some mushrooms - the least difficult things to chop. If I have it handy I might add some grated cheese in when done too.

Luckily it's only myself I have to feed. I'd be morto to have to cook "properly" if I'd others to cater for.

So, what's the laziest dish you cook? The one that's "one step up" from piercing a film and bunging a ready meal in the microwave?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My favourite comfort food is incredibly lazy. Boiled baby potatoes chopped up, smothered in melted butter and some wilted spinach and loads of salt and pepper. Heaven in a bowl and takes zero effort or skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Pasta with pesto and parma ham. I'm mainly a from scratch cook but there are times when i just want easy and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Back in the day, when I was living alone, I was a devil for sandwiches for dinner including tattoos sandwiches. Now it would be a cheese and ham “quesadilla”, ham, cheese and relish in a wrap and fried. I may put in onion if I’m not too lazy. It’s a basically a toasted cheese sandwich but sounds like a proper dinner if I call it a quesadilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Penne with a packet white sauce, might stir in some cheese if I'm arsed

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

A fry for dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I just sprinkle spices on my tongue...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Beans on toast for dinner when myself and herself are feeling particularly lazy after a long day at work, no regrets either!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'm a particularly lazy cook. I could boil off some pasta and add a portion of a tin of tomatoes and some salt and pepper and be happy with that for dinner. If I'm feeling particularly adventurous I might add some frozen veg in to the mix, but cook it along with the pasta to save washing up. Or, add some mushrooms - the least difficult things to chop. If I have it handy I might add some grated cheese in when done too.

Luckily it's only myself I have to feed. I'd be morto to have to cook "properly" if I'd others to cater for.

So, what's the laziest dish you cook? The one that's "one step up" from piercing a film and bunging a ready meal in the microwave?
    In less time than it would have taken you to do that I'd have made myself a delicious omelette.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

I was going to have beans and toast for dinner today - didn't have beans so i just had toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

a bowl of weetabix (followed by another)

• Advertisement

Toasted corned beef sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Scrambled eggs and batch toast for dinner yum

shelly22 wrote: »
    Scrambled eggs and batch toast for dinner yum

With a side of spaghetti hoops!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In less time than it would have taken you to do that I'd have made myself a delicious omelette.

What goes in to it? For me, it's chopping that puts me off when I'm feeling lazy, so if there's a lot of that going on, I tend to avoid it. Of course if it was just pure egg and seasoning then I'd be with you (add the grated cheese too, if I had it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Baked beans mixed with tinned tuna on toast - next level guys :D:D:D

How about microwaved potatoes topped with:
    tinned mackerel, or
    cottage cheese and seasoning, or
    another cheese concoction such as slices of camembert, or
    if I'm feeling very adventurous, homemade beans, something like cannelloni with tinned tomato and seasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What goes in to it? For me, it's chopping that puts me off when I'm feeling lazy, so if there's a lot of that going on, I tend to avoid it. Of course if it was just pure egg and seasoning then I'd be with you (add the grated cheese too, if I had it!)

You put in whatever you want. The point is that quick & easy food doesn't have to be muck.

You put in whatever you want. The point is that quick & easy food doesn't have to be muck.

I should hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,073 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Dampsquid wrote: »
    I was going to have beans and toast for dinner today - didn't have beans so i just had toast.

Next time go for a toast sandwich.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-15752918

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Stick some random pie in the oven(donal skeehan banned) . When done take out pie and place on plate, grab a handful of rocket leaves and begin eating. Might chop some tomatoes with the rocket and add salt, pepper and olive oil if I'm feeling fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Waffles Beans and scrambled eggs

I am thinking all of them dishes take a lot of effort. My lazy dinner is Koka noodles!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Cacio e pepe. Simple and delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Anything. Mushrooms, grated cheddar, and chopped Denny ham, for example.
    I am thinking all of them dishes take a lot of effort. My lazy dinner is Koka noodles!
    Stick a runny fried egg in there and the job's oxo.

And pick up the 'good' ramen from the Asian shop, there's a tonkatsu flavour one that's gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

My favourite of all my lazy dishes is a cup a soup with a ham,cheese and aromat sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Toasted corned beef sandwich.

That's so gross it could constitute as a bush tucker trial...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

that was the first thing that i thought of when i seen this post.

although if it was for dinner, you would need some buttered bread to go with it too:P
    and no one has the time when they are being lazy to bother with the stove cooking ones. its the pot ones you want for ultimate laziness and no dishes.

i just recently thought my son to 'cook' the pot ones for himself, he's 8. he's delighted with himself that he can cook, and i'm delighted he's on the road to self sufficiency:cool:
    (noodles not too often though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Baby potatoes into the microwave for 6 minutes, throw a slice of breaded cod in for 3 and frozen veg in for 2.

No mess no fuss.

Is this a challenge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pasta, pesto and toasted pine nuts. I call it "pasto".

Advertisement