Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How lazy can you get?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

French toast is my desperation dinner

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tortellini in boiling water for 5 minutes, while a tub of tomato & mascarpone sauce heats in the microwave (4 minutes, stir half way through), strain pasta and mix the sauce through. You'll get 2 servings out of it, too!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd also go for an omelette, usually when it's almost cooked I'll throw some chopped cherry tomatoes, ham, spinach, mushroom (whatever is in the fridge) and a bit of parmesan cheese on one half, then fold it over like a calzone to let the cheese melt all over everything for a few minutes and it's delicious :D Served with a bit of soda bread or toast if I'm really hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Jamie Oliver's Flat breads with boiled eggs is my new go to lazy meal. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/egg-recipes/egg-mango-chutney-flatbreads/

That or coco pops.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

miamee wrote: »
    I'd also go for an omelette, usually when it's almost cooked I'll throw some chopped cherry tomatoes, ham, spinach, mushroom (whatever is in the fridge) and a bit of parmesan cheese on one half, then fold it over like a calzone to let the cheese melt all over everything for a few minutes and it's delicious :D Served with a bit of soda bread or toast if I'm really hungry.

For over 25 years of my life I pretty much refused to eat eggs. That was until one morning after a night out with some friends. We were all hanging, but one of the lads got up and started cooking. I was given a ham and spring onion omelette with a bit of cheese on top and told to just eat. I've been mad about omelettes ever since! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Toasted cheese sandwich (pan fried) is my easy, comfort food.

Or else, pasta with blue cheese & cream sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My daily winter work lunch is a tin of butter beans, drained, and half of tin of chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs heated in the microwave. Bit of salt and pepper and olive oil to serve.
    I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I can confirm that a toast sandwich is actually pretty tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Pack of chicken, spoonful of pesto and some cheese and in the microwave.

I call it..... chesto :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭ellejay

When I first moved out of my parents I thought I was a great cook.

Roast potatoes in oven while I went out and bought a cooked chicken, and spaghetti hoops heated in the oven!!!

Still my ultimate lazy dinner (when no-one's around)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Pre-heating oven, lash the fancy Aldi potato wedges in, lash chicken nuggets/fish fingers in, take out when crispy, drench in Sauce of choice and eat in front of TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Cheese on toast
    French toast
    Beans on toast
    Toast with butter

Jaysus I love toast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

My laziest ever was when I was freshly unshackled and living alone.

Frozen chicken burgers from Aldi and Lidl heated in the microwave. Served on a burger bun, also just defrosted in the microwave. Dollop of red sauce. :D DIY Rustler's burgers!

Otherwise set the oven to 180 degrees and the timer to 21 minutes. Lash in the frozen pizza. Out onto a plate and burn roof of mouth because too impatient for it to cool down a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Birdseye waffles with ham and cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Birds eye waffles cook beautifully in a toaster. Just pop them down twice.

Great time saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,434 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

lazy mac and cheese

pasta and water in bowl in microwave 6min , drain water add handful of cheese, some cream and season , back in microwave for 2 min, done.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

silverharp wrote: »
    lazy mac and cheese

pasta and water in bowl in microwave 6min , drain water add handful of cheese, some cream and season , back in microwave for 2 min, done.

Question! When you cook your pasta in the microwave, is the water cold or boiling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

LirW wrote: »
    Pre-heating oven, lash the fancy Aldi potato wedges in, lash chicken nuggets/fish fingers in, take out when crispy, drench in Sauce of choice and eat in front of TV.

You've just described what I call Brown Dinner

(Brown dinner is deeeelicious)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

B0jangles wrote: »
    You've just described what I call Brown Dinner

(Brown dinner is deeeelicious)

In our house we call it beige dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

In our house we call it beige dinner.

You're just not cooking it long enough!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

toast with real butter with a heap of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on top.

Oh, and a cuppa!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

A “share” pack of Meanies

• Registered Users Posts: 18,434 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Question! When you cook your pasta in the microwave, is the water cold or boiling?

cold works fine

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement