Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seapoint amusements expansion

Options
  • 30-11-2017 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭

Seapoint amusements in Salthill has been given the go ahead for a major expansion.

The development by Oldside Enterprises Limited will see the change of use of the convenience store/off-licence at 183 Upper Salthill.

It’ll be used for gaming, and will be linked to the existing Seapoint development at 185/187 Upper Salthill.

Permission’s been granted with six conditions attached – one stipulates that the property be adequately sound-proofed.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

That's surprising. Didn't think that would be a growth industry...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

That's surprising. Didn't think that would be a growth industry...

It's full of people every time I walk past.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

Fair enough, I suppose that kind of entertainment is recession-proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Would be good to see a new video game section with better cabinets and pinball machines not just a bigger gambling area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Agreed it's a pretty regular stop for families with kids of a certain age. Heck even my wife and I call in there for the odd game of foosball. I noticed they expanded months ago down the back across from the skee-ball and put in new bathrooms. It looked very much under construction at the time. I'm guessing they're expanding that area right to the frontage of the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Plus there is a big gaming community around who would like and get great use out of a video game arcade here in the city

Advertisement