Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on maintenance etc

• 30-11-2017 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

It's been reasonably amicable and have agreed maintenance and access to see kids.
    I've moved to a 2 bed apartment which isn't cheap but managing ok.

She works part time and is getting FIS. In the process of applying for H.A.P but is now demanding I pay the rent for this month in full which is €1300 which I simply can't afford with everything else

She gets paid weekly so wouldn't have that money now but could contribute a bit back each week but basically I don't trust that will happen and I'll be screwed.

Not sure what to do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Another day

If you are paying maintenance don't pay any more. If you do she will come back for more. Maintenance is your contribution towards your children's costs and she is equally responsible. If you do decide to go ahead get her to sign an agreement that you pay reduced maintenance to recoup the debt. Ensure all figures are noted, agreed maintenance, loan, and period of time you will reduce payments. If she doesn't sign don't give it. Make sure you both have a copy of any signed agreement.

Advertisement