Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigablue - Filezilla - FTP - Virgin Media Hub 3

Options
  • 30-11-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've been away a few years and just back.

I'm trying to use Filezilla to access my Gigablue.

I ran the Filezilla Firewall and Router Configuration Wizard and got this:

Checking for correct external IP address
    IP 192.168.0.xxx bjc-bgi-a-xxx
    Response: 510 Mismatch. Your IP is xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, xx-xxx-xxx-xxx
    Wrong external IP address
    Connection closed

So I believe I must edit some setting on my router to connect but I don't know what.

Would be grateful for some help please.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Hi!

Thats an external IP (edt your post and delete that)

Use the remote control to find the IP assigned.

Menu, System, Network, Device Setup, Network Test, Green Button(start Test).

Blue to edit settings.

It will show your IP address on the right.

Use that for filezilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

STB. wrote: »
    Hi!

Thats an external IP (edt your post and delete that)

Use the remote control to find the IP assigned.

Menu, System, Network, Device Setup, Network Test, Green Button(start Test).

Blue to edit settings.

It will show your IP address on the right.

Use that for filezilla.

Hi STB,

Hope your keeping well.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well. I know the IP addy of the box (I used a programme called Fing on my phone) but I did it the way you said just to double check and the IP addy I'm using is correct:

192.168.0.xxx

But when I put that into Filezilla and press 'Quickconnect' it won't connect and I get the error:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Command: USER anonymous
    Response: 331 Please specify the password.
    Command: PASS *********************
    Response: 530 Login incorrect.
    Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Actually I've just got it to work - I used the password of 'root'.

Unfortunately I'm going to hit you up with a few other questions soon because Vix doesn't support my Gigablue receiver anymore so I guess I need to try a different image and I guess I also need to buy a newer 4k box.

Cheers.

You have a 800SE ? Vix still have an image on their website for it. That will still work. What do you want to run that the image wont manage ???

Unless you have 4K content I wouldnt bother. Most 4K content will be subscription which rules out a non propritary box.

If you just want a new box for no reason whatsoever, WOS are selling the Formuler F1 for £89. Its not 4k, but is a 3 tuner MIPS box with a 1.3ghz processor and 1 gig RAM. Openvix support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Yes, 800SE.

Thanks for the image, I couldn't find that. I thought I read that WoS (openvix) had stopped supporting the 800SE back in 2014 (or something like that).

What do I want to run that the image wont manage - nothing at all, I just like everything to be modern and up-to-date :)

Well I suppose I want a new box for the same reason as I mentioned above - to be up-to-date and modern (also I sold an Ariva 150 so I need something for the bedroom). Thanks for the recommendation. I take it the Formuler 1 is better than my 800SE?

Is this the right Softcam (the latest) Enigma 2 Plugin Cams Cccam 2.3.0.1.0 Mipsel (487.3k) - http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/softcams/

That image will work fine. Infact the plugins etc should still work etc. There may be a softcams menu within the plugins anyway.

Yes that version of CC will work fine for your box.

The Formuler F1 would be more powerful. 2 Sat and 1 Saorview too. I dont have one (spec looks great for the price). Theres a time you have to stop buying boxes.....

Gerry has one and say they are fine. Theres a thread on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement