Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Converted attic insulation

• 30-11-2017 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Need to get the above done as it's too cold to sleep in. Have just been quoted 3500 euro.
    Has anyone any experience of this and what the costs involved are? I had read attic insulation should cost around 6 or 7 hundred, minus an SEAI grant of 300. So I was a little shocked to get the 3500 quote

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Ye it would cost that for attic insulation on the flat ceiling/attic floor. On the slope I’d like to hear what they are doing to insulate. Attic insulation is only as good as it’s continuity, the vapour barriers completeness and the ventilation left for the roof timbers.

Advertisement