Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No parking sign

Options
  • 30-11-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

Don't know if this is the right place....but... I was wondering does anyone know of a company in Dublin who could supply and fit a no parking sign on a kerb (in front of two spaces we own) in the Dublin Area.

Thanks,
    C

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

colin986 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Don't know if this is the right place....but... I was wondering does anyone know of a company in Dublin who could supply and fit a no parking sign on a kerb (in front of two spaces we own) in the Dublin Area.

Thanks,
    C

Who owns the kerb the sign will be stuck to?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

kceire wrote: »
    Who owns the kerb the sign will be stuck to?

There's no sign identifying ownership of kerb... maybe get a sign to ask if the owner could identify themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

If you legally own the car park spots, why not just install one of those foldable barriers in them? A pole that folds out of the ground and can be locked into place when you're not parked in them?

https://www.pittman.ie/barriers-and-bollards/bollards/traffic-bollards-and-fold-down-parking-posts.html

Zenify wrote: »
    There's no sign identifying ownership of kerb... maybe get a sign to ask if the owner could identify themselves?

Point being, the Kerb and road is most likely public. Which means the op cannot erect a sign without management company approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colin986

thanks all - to clarify - private residential estate, no management company. i own everything out to the end of the car parking spot including the kerb. neighbors have signs on theirs.

c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Are you not on speaking terms with your neighbours?

thanks all - to clarify - private residential estate, no management company. i own everything out to the end of the car parking spot including the kerb. neighbors have signs on theirs.

c

I’d start off by asking the neighbors where they got their plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I'm sure a local sign company could make one for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

could get white spray paint and "NO PARKING" stencil and do it yourself.
    I know it may sound stupid - but I never park anywhere where it says: NO PARKING on kerb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Any good hard ware store should sell them, you could probably use no more nails to stick it on, or silicone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

This may be naive, but if you put an official looking NO PARKING sign there, where will you park?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Speedwell wrote: »
    This may be naive, but if you put an official looking NO PARKING sign there, where will you park?

Not sure, if serious.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Hi All,

Thanks,
    C

Try reads (Nassau street, sandyford) they do a lot of bits like this & reasonable as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Askthe EA wrote: »
    Not sure, if serious.......

Sort of. If there's a no parking sign and someone parks there, and she asks for them to be removed because they parked in a no parking zone, and the offender is removed as a result, then doesn't that make it a real no parking zone and she can't park there either?

I'm assuming that for some reason she can't just have it designated for her own use only, or she wouldn't be doing this in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I was always under the assumption people were not actually obliged to abide by these signs unless its erected by county council or the guards (you know the ones that people have on their gate of their house). Correct me if I am wrong! I mean it will probably stop people parking there but if they do, I didn't think there was anything you could do about it .

In terms of the kerb, I don't think you own this either. People are not allowed park on the kerb and block your driveway alright but pretty sure you don't own the kerb itself. Again could be wrong on all of this but I would maybe check with the counsel before you "vandalise" the kerb. I think a sign would be better than painting on the kerb.

Although I agree with Get Real and if it was me would get a fold down barrier instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

If it's private property, could you have the guards remove it? It would be similar to them parking in your drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Go to the hardware or online and get a Private No Parking sign, then go into a motor factors get a plate with your reg made and screw them both onto the wall in front of your parking space.

Or order something like this..

s-l400.jpg

Advertisement