Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback visa debit

Options
  • 30-11-2017 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

At the end of October my boyfriend and I travelled over to Old Trafford for a United match. I purchased a match package from a travel agents which included coach, ferry, hotel and match tickets using my Visa Debit card. The whole trip ended up a disaster and long story short we ended up watching the match in a pub down the road from Old Trafford.

When we returned from Manchester, I emailed Old Trafford to explain what happened and ask is there anyway we could get a refund or any help at all as the travel agents were absolutely useless to us. Old Trafford explained they couldn’t help as we had bought the tickets from a third party. However they told me I could possibly get a refund through my bank as it’s actually illegal for the travel agents to sell on Manchester United match tickets which I had no idea. They asked me to forward on all details of the travel agents I purchased the tickets from as they are trying to stop ticket touting.

My question is, is it possibly to get any refund or even a part refund? I have all the email correspondence and invoices etc. from the travel agents and the emails from Old Trafford?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

At the end of October my boyfriend and I travelled over to Old Trafford for a United match. I purchased a match package from a travel agents which included coach, ferry, hotel and match tickets using my Visa Debit card. The whole trip ended up a disaster and long story short we ended up watching the match in a pub down the road from Old Trafford.

When we returned from Manchester, I emailed Old Trafford to explain what happened and ask is there anyway we could get a refund or any help at all as the travel agents were absolutely useless to us. Old Trafford explained they couldn’t help as we had bought the tickets from a third party. However they told me I could possibly get a refund through my bank as it’s actually illegal for the travel agents to sell on Manchester United match tickets which I had no idea. They asked me to forward on all details of the travel agents I purchased the tickets from as they are trying to stop ticket touting.

My question is, is it possibly to get any refund or even a part refund? I have all the email correspondence and invoices etc. from the travel agents and the emails from Old Trafford?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

You can apply for a chargeback with visa debit dispute form given in the link here. Please follow the instructions given on the form and return it to the address also given on the form and the advisers there will be able to investigate this for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement