Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sleep wear

• 30-11-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi All
    I'm looking for a bit of advice in relation to pyjamas and sleep wear. My daughter is 18 months old. Especially in the first year of her life, I put her in cotton babygros and a blanket going to bed in her moses basket. When she moved into her big cot, I have blankets again, but she moves around so much, so I have her in a babygro, gro bag and I leave a blanket in her cot - she mostly likes to snuggle that. 
    I have a thermometer in her room and when I go in in the morning over the last week or so, it's on blue - so just beneath the optimum, and sometimes her hands are a little cold - her trunk and everywhere else if fine though. She's quite a cold child anyway (if that makes sense!) - I have to have her baths piping hot or her lips go blue! - she shows her coldness easily. Basically, I was thinking of getting some fleece pyjamas for her and was wondering what people thought of them. I wasn't a fan of fleece when she was younger as it was so dangerous to overheat. Whereas now, she'd hardier. 
    Let me know what you think anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

My 9 month old is currently in a cotton vest, fleece babygro (dunnes) and a dunnes knockoff growbag. Her hands are still sometimes cold, but she's very drooly and often gets her hands wet. Other than that, I think she's fine. Whenever the temps warm back up, I'll pop her back into a cotton babygro plus vest and growbag.

When her older sister was 18 months, we used fleece all in one suits. We'd taken her out of grobags and she was a divil for wriggling out from under blankets. Dunnes have the all in one suits in stock at the minute.

If you want to avoid fleece PJs, you could put a long sleeved vest on under the cotton babygro?

In general though, I think if their torso is warm they're grand, and if they get too cold they'll wake and shout about it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

The trouble with fleece is it doesn't breath as it's plastic, so if baby gets a bit sweaty the moisture actually cools them down, I'd stick with cotton and just layer. I've got my 13 month old in a vest, long sleeve t-shirt and some leggings or brushed cotton pyjama bottoms - whatever's clean!;), then he has a winter duck down duvet as i like my room on the cooler side at night. We gave up with the gro bags as he kept getting too hot and sweaty in those as the filling is often polyester, and he kept getting his legs twisted up in them which made him wriggle even more and then wake up. He never did in my bed with the duvet, so we replicated my bed in his cot and he loves snuggling up in the duvet and when he gets too hot he wriggles up the cot a bit!:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Our 20 mth old is in jammies and has her cot duvet and two little fleece blankets (one for mostly snuggling!)The little hands and feet can be cold in the morning but we have the time set for the heater to come on early which seems to help.(we gave up on babygros because she flatly refused to be still for us to button them)
    I would kind of steer clear of fleece too, and layer up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Thanks guys for the replies. Yeah I normally put her in a long sleeved vest and babygro. Yeah not totally sure on fleece as they get so hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Our little guy is same age + in this weather he goes to bed in long sleeve vest, normal cotton p.js + his grobag. He is perfectly warm in that. Did find his hands a bit cold in short sleeve vest that's why we switched to longer one. Also we make sure heating is on in room until we are going to bed so that also keeps the room warmer till morning in this weather.

• Advertisement
Advertisement