Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to further fieldsports/hunting **[Split Thread]**

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Had you been asked to join?

No I have not but I have been looking at a similar project on a far lesser scale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

123shooter wrote: »
    So basically 20 euro per week throughout the year.

I used to pay more than that on a Sunday morning in the 1980's just for 30 and 50 clays!!!!!

You think a grand or two a year is too much?
    I dont know to be honest per week its a small sum 4 pints a week. Its a DIY shoot of course so you are expected to muck in.(no objection there either) for 8 shoots of course.
    But if you look at the 100 euro to my gunclub for 30 days shooting including NARGC compensation cover for 30 head of game/wildfowl.I dont know
    If I was asked I would probably jump at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

123shooter wrote: »
    So basically 20 euro per week throughout the year.

I used to pay more than that on a Sunday morning in the 1980's just for 30 and 50 clays!!!!!

You think a grand or two a year is too much?
    Depends on the quality if the shooting. I'd sooner 5 quality birds than 20 flappers

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

Depends on the quality if the shooting. I'd sooner 5 quality birds than 20 flappers

Thats a bit like being asked if paying to watch your favorite football team and saying ok I will pay if they win but not if they lose or draw.

I think shooting in Ireland is doomed.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

No, it's like saying I'd pay €1050 for a season ticket to watch Real Madrid , but I wouldn't to watch Longford Town.
    I've been on bad shoots, Micky mouse efforts tbh, in boring surroundings shooting at tame chickens . I'm no crack shot but a lot of the birds I'd have taken with a catapult. Give me a half decent days rough shooting anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

No, it's like saying I'd pay €1050 for a season ticket to watch Real Madrid , but I wouldn't to watch Longford Town.
    I've been on bad shoots, Micky mouse efforts tbh, in boring surroundings shooting at tame chickens . I'm no crack shot but a lot of the birds I'd have taken with a catapult. Give me a half decent days rough shooting anytime.

But that applies everywhere and in every part of life. So you scout around and look at reviews before you buy or in this case join a syndicate.

You dont use it as an excuse/reason not to do something.

If people wont spend money then there is no investment or point to anything.

If its 'free free free' you want then its soon gone or not good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"Show me your books first on bag returns over five years and the heads your let has produced.Then I'll know if it's value for money or not." Would be a good adage in these cases.
    Have heard of some shoots demanding stupid money for really nothing at all.Claims of huge stags when asked, amount to no photographs or "ah well the lad that shot it is unavailable for [basically ever]. Anywhere else people would be ripping the mount off the wall to get it in to show the prospective client.
    Like anything else, while they are saying "show me the money,"you should be saying" show me what you got."

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement