Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 26 Finale

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The standard of the series was weak compared to fighters availible in the division. I think this bekt will change hands a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone who watched the season will know that Eddie HATED Lauren, and for good reason IMO.

She tried to put the blame on him for losing her fight and then left his team of her own accord to move across to Justin's team. When that happened, Eddie went into a bit of a rage and accidentally called her Barb which made her flip out even more.

https://twitter.com/ealvarezfight/status/936821367583924225

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I didn't watch tuf, I tried the first one or two episodes but it's just groundhog day for me at this point, the show is so mind numbingly repetitive. But I watched the finale this morning. It that title fight was meant to show two of the top dogs in the division, then christ, I dont have high hopes for it going forward. Awful stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭cletus

Once current 115 / 135 lb fighters move up/down, you'll see the quality of fights improve dramatically. Few of the fighters from last night will stay in the top ten.

Really, the belt last night was a combination of needing a starting point for the division, and a hook for this season of TUF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cletus wrote: »
    Once current 115 / 135 lb fighters move up/down, you'll see the quality of fights improve dramatically. Few of the fighters from last night will stay in the top ten.

Really, the belt last night was a combination of needing a starting point for the division, and a hook for this season of TUF
    TUF is for people who are willing to be tied into a TUF contract.
    Fighters who know they are better. Usually take their chances. Joanna turned down TUF I believe. The UFC have sign a few fighters to this division recently, I'd assume they also wanted to bypass TUF so hopefully the standard goes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    TUF is for people who are willing to be tied into a TUF contract.
    Fighters who know they are better. Usually take their chances. Joanna turned down TUF I believe. The UFC have sign a few fighters to this division recently, I'd assume they also wanted to bypass TUF so hopefully the standard goes up.

And I know for a fact that there's mid-level Bellator fighters as an example who are on far better money than those coming into the UFC off TUF tied to 4 fight deals on relative pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Those points are all valid and I take the example that the 115lb division was ruled for so long by someone who didn't go through tuf, but that doesn't change the simple fact that the UFC title fight last night was just horrendous.

Taking contacts and money out of it, because the majority of fans have no knowledge or interest in that stuff, the skill level in title fight last night was very poor. That girl must be the least skilled UFC champion of the last 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Amazingfun wrote: »
    haha, I just said to myself Murphy could have beaten either one most likely, lol
    But in actual fact Lauren lost to Nicco on the show haha :D

Just caught up hit the hay after the fight that ended a draw, main event was interesting but ya not on the level of a title fight clearly.

I can understand people calling out the limited skills of the cast but that's nothing new with TUF. Put it this way I thought they were the female equivalent of the one McGregor coached at least Roxy didn't get to pull a Ryan Hall here.

Is Ryan Hall on a level pegging with DC...Absolutely not! The winner of this season was likely just bait for a Shevchenko or another.

What I'm really puzzled over here is how on earth the main event got FOTN and Ryan Janes didn't go home with any bonus at all!!

But in actual fact Lauren lost to Nicco on the show haha :D

Just caught up hit the hay after the fight that ended a draw, main event was interesting but ya not on the level of a title fight clearly.

I can understand people calling out the limited skills of the cast but that's nothing new with TUF. Put it this way I thought they were the female equivalent of the one McGregor coached at least Roxy didn't get to pull a Ryan Hall here.

Is Ryan Hall on a level pegging with DC...Absolutely not! The winner of this season was likely just bait for a Shevchenko or another.

What I'm really puzzled over here is how on earth the main event got FOTN and Ryan Janes didn't go home with any bonus at all!!
    main event got FOTN?!?? :pac::pac::pac: that was a boring ole fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

main event got FOTN?!?? :pac::pac::pac: that was a boring ole fight
    Yup baffling, Pikey and Meershaart got the nod for the performance bonuses.

If that was the choice for FOTN they should've lashed out 4 POTN but seriously Janes/Sanchez was feckin' mental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Nicco & Roxanne made $180,000 each from the fight the other night. 100,000 for the fight, 50'000 FOTN bonus & 30,000 Reebok bonus. I'd say they are both delighted with that, Nunes made 250,000 when she beat Rousey!

Advertisement