Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

Publicity seeking again Conor?That's nice.Yawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Back to Clondalkin with him...there's a few fellas waiting to have a little chat I hear when he arrives home

What’s his connection within Clondalkin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

A lot of people suggesting he's on coke....just looks like a feral North Dub kid to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Nypd police are questioning him. He handed himself in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

A lot of people suggesting he's on coke....just looks like a feral North Dub kid to me

I thought he was from crumlin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

People spending thousands of euro travelling across the world to support this toerag

"He's not really like that, it's just an act he puts on to sell a fight"

The guy's been a scumbag since day one ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I know a few people that grew up in the same area as him.
    By all accounts he was always a feral dublin kid
    He was from crumlin - although thats technically on the southside it's not exactly D4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

thierry14 wrote: »

You have to be very naive to think its not set up

He knew exactly where the trolley was

Who thinks on the spot so quickly?

Even the way he ran up to the trolley looks planned and choreographed

Mcgregor is a tiny guy too, surely a bus full of Russians with ufc athletes in it has a few huge heavyweight mofo that would crush Mcgregor

Why didn't someone come out from the bus after him?
    that's the dumbest sh#t I've ever heard. it doesn't take planning to grab every heavy object not nailed down around you and throw it. and yeah, why didn't athletes who have been training like hell for their fights and their big payday get out and confront a coked up nutjub throwing big metal objects trying to injure them, and in fact successfully injured one causing him to lose his chance to fight.

yeah they should have just brought out a heavy weight, sure they can take a metal barrier to the face no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully he did however I highly doubt he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Khabib should have thought about those innocent fighters and got out and faced the crew like Artem had to face Khabibs crew:)

He almost pulled the bus door off it’s hinges trying to get out. Have you even watched the videos??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Its all scripted like the wrestling, Khalib will win fight at weekend, then he will fight Conor as a grudge match with PPV viewing figures going through the roof again

Conor is so good at getting arrested..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Autochange wrote: »
    smurgen wrote: »
    How is a twitter link considered backup? ****ing ufc is the WWF.until i see mcgregor in court or the poor house i consider it all staged.

3 fights cancelled from a UFC event. McGregor handed himself into police.
    Are the NYPD in on it also?

Handed himself in?what are the charges?someone can make a complaint and he can go ti the cops to clarify matters.do you think that cannot be orchastrated?i'd have more belief it wasn't WWF if he was manhandled and arrested by cops during the choreographed incident.

thanks for letting me know, and for not being a pr!ck about it either.

anyway it's definitely not an april fool. just saw the videos, one that was taken from inside the bus you can hear people calling for a medic for the guy who got cut and him saying he doesn't want to touch his face. can also hear some guys possibly from khabib's team (sounds like it from the accents) threatening to kill Conor. on top of all the other problems this will bring him, having those guys pissed at you isn't gonna help, they're rumored to be connected to russian mobsters.

It was Khabib himself saying he was going to kill him and trying to get off the bus. His team wasn’t on the bus, just him, his manager and his cornerman. It was all of the red corner fighters on the bus.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    The problem with McGregor is that it's hard to separate reality from the staged persona at this stage, if there even is a reality. Almost everything he does is stage-managed and choreographed. He has cleverly manufactured a myth that people have bought into and he has done very well out of it but it's becoming tiresome now.

But at the end of it all he will be a multi-millionaire thanks to all the eejits paying through the nose for subscriptions to his fights, even though no-one cared about UFC before and won't again once McGregor rides off into the sunset. He's a dick but I admire his audacity and almost unparallelled ability to make truck-loads of money out of being a dick.

You're so deluded it's pitiful.

After the major suing that is going to go on here McGregor will be more likely to be plumbing jacks in ballyfermot.

The guy is a moron with a pigeon-brain who couldn't plan more than 1 move ahead to save his life and can't even manage 1 move usually.

thierry14 wrote: »

You have to be very naive to think its not set up

He knew exactly where the trolley was

Who thinks on the spot so quickly?

Even the way he ran up to the trolley looks planned and choreographed

Mcgregor is a tiny guy too, surely a bus full of Russians with ufc athletes in it has a few huge heavyweight mofo that would crush Mcgregor

Why didn't someone come out from the bus after him?
    that's the dumbest sh#t I've ever heard. it doesn't take planning to grab every heavy object not nailed down around you and throw it. and yeah, why didn't athletes who have been training like hell for their fights and their big payday get out and confront a coked up nutjub throwing big metal objects trying to injure them, and in fact successfully injured one causing him to lose his chance to fight.

yeah they should have just brought out a heavy weight, sure they can take a metal barrier to the face no bother.

Yeah the other fighters are so injured they've been tweeting ever since. All a stunt.They'll fight in a few days.UFC planned it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

brock92 wrote: »
    Its all scripted like the wrestling, Khalib will win fight at weekend, then he will fight Conor as a grudge match with PPV viewing figures going through the roof again

Scripted?? 3 fights cancelled and up on 2 assault charges. Lads queuing up to sue him. Possibly wont be allowed fight in the US again.

Assault could very easily have become a manslaughter charge had that yoke got through the window.

Scripted my hole in this instance and if it was McG made a balls of it.

glasso wrote: »
    aidan24326 wrote: »
    The problem with McGregor is that it's hard to separate reality from the staged persona at this stage, if there even is a reality. Almost everything he does is stage-managed and choreographed. He has cleverly manufactured a myth that people have bought into and he has done very well out of it but it's becoming tiresome now.

But at the end of it all he will be a multi-millionaire thanks to all the eejits paying through the nose for subscriptions to his fights, even though no-one cared about UFC before and won't again once McGregor rides off into the sunset. He's a dick but I admire his audacity and almost unparallelled ability to make truck-loads of money out of being a dick.

You're so deluded it's pitiful.

After the major suing that is going to go on here McGregor will be more likely to be plumbing jacks in ballyfermot.

The guy is a moron with a pigeon-brain who couldn't plan more than 1 move ahead to save his life and can't even manage 1 move usually.

What suing?have you read the court papers?how come people are experts about stuff that's happened only hours before many miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I thought he was from crumlin?
    ELM327 wrote: »
    I know a few people that grew up in the same area as him.
    By all accounts he was always a feral dublin kid
    He was from crumlin - although thats technically on the southside it's not exactly D4.

Never said he was from North Dublin...said he looks like a feral North Dub kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

If it is set up it's a fairly pathetic and scummy way to market a future event.

There's too many impressionable young lads who idolise him who'll be impressed by this sort of thuggery(faux or not) and leads to kids doing mindless things like destroying their local Lidls ect...

Conor has many admirable qualities too but his behaviours of late are nothing short of a national embarrassment.

• Advertisement

Handed himself in?what are the charges?someone can make a complaint and he can go ti the cops to clarify matters.do you think that cannot be orchastrated?i'd have more belief it wasn't WWF if he was manhandled and arrested by cops during the choreographed incident.

2 felony assault charges and 1 misdemeanour.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He's an idiot. Best ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

hulk-hogan-new-york-world-trade-center-destroy.jpg

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

What suing?have you read the court papers?how come people are experts about stuff that's happened only hours before many miles away.

One guy on the bus reported to hospital hours later with "particles" in his eye lol.
    What do you think he's up to?
    Chieasa had his face cut up.
    Security guard at arena listed as assaulted by McGregor in his arrest sheet.
    There will be many civil suits out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    If it is set up it's a fairly pathetic and scummy way to market a future event.

There's too many impressionable young lads who idolise him who'll be impressed by this sort of thuggery(faux or not) and leads to kids doing mindless things like destroying their local Lidls ect...

Conor has many admirable qualities too but his behaviours of late are nothing short of a national embarrassment.

Nothing about this is a set up. It was sheer scumbaggery based on 'don't disrespect my boy' bulls**t. Conor trying to act the gangster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Mc tappers loyal fans will be on O’Connell street today throwing things at bus eireann buses while sporting the newest range in mctapper tracksuit.
    Classic mctapper.hope the yanks jail him and keep him over there for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

backspin. wrote:
    Nothing about this is a set up. It was sheer scumbaggery based on 'don't disrespect my boy' bulls**t. Conor trying to act the gangster.

He was, and he's a fcukin tool. Lots of kids see him as someone to look up to and he's going around pretending to be a gangsta. What a knob head.

• Site Banned Posts: 3 Cross Currency

People thinking this was a PR stunt are absolute idiots, Conor had one motivation, rage towards Khabib. He was infuriated that he and his friends ganged up on Artem Lobov on Tuesday.

• Site Banned Posts: 3 Cross Currency

backspin. wrote: »

I don't think he's trying to act anything, he is genuinely infuriated by what Khabib did. Conor is just being Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Can someone please do a voice over of McGregor with one of those pikey videos when they are treathining and taunting each other.
    I can easily see that been his future anyway in another 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sad to see such a talented man go this route in life, it's highly likely he could lose his fortunes, and become enemy number one in the eyes of many, and to think there's kids involved in this! I wish them all well

Billy Mays wrote: »

The guy's been a scumbag since day one ffs

A wannabe scumbag that is now just trying too hard IMO.
    He was never in trouble with AGS as an adolescent or anything.......Any genuine scumbags from Crumlin wouldn't consider him anyway scummy.

He just didn't fancy working as a plumber and turned his attention 100% to MMA etc.
    backspin. wrote: »
    .........Conor trying to act the gangster.

Indeed, he's clearly trying to be something he isn't for quite a while now. He should have stuck to the Toad (from Wind in The Willows) suits and Rolex look with the few second pause after every word, that was somewhat endearing tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Shocked to wake up to this news. I mean Conor has always been such a classy guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

So he flew from ireland to New York just to confront Khabib for harassing artem. Literally flew across the Atlantic Ocean to throw stuff at a bus ,

Not sure if a stupid loyalty thing or a smart move to make him and khabib the biggest PPV to date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Scripted?? 3 fights cancelled and up on 2 assault charges. Lads queuing up to sue him. Possibly wont be allowed fight in the US again.

Assault could very easily have become a manslaughter charge had that yoke got through the window.

Scripted my hole in this instance and if it was McG made a balls of it.

Did you know that sarcasm (and gullible) are actually in the dictionary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

pudzey101 wrote: »
    So he flew from ireland to New York just to confront Khabib for harassing artem. Literally flew across the Atlantic Ocean to throw stuff at a bus ,

Not sure if a stupid loyalty thing or a smart move to make him and khabib the biggest PPV to date

Just a way of keeping him in the news.probably be fined a couple of grand in court and make ten times that in interviews about how he’s the greatest scummer of all time. The scobes can look up to him then chanting the usual tripe about how he was on the dole last week.
    Classic mctapper.its an easy fanbase to fool in fairness.bus window was probably single pane movies set glass.its just a pity the bus driver didn’t lose control and flatten mctapper into the tarmac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Due in front of a judge this afternoon wonder what the bail will be.

The New York Police Department told BBC Sport McGregor will see a judge after 7am (12pm BST).

pudzey101 wrote: »

he's probably going to be banned from the UFC altogether, Dana can't allow him back after he put so many fighters at risk, no venue will want to risk letting him in the door let alone the cage and possibly banned from the entire country. if he gets charged with a felony (which assault can be if the injuries are severe) his license to fight will be revoked.
    he's gonna be sued by the UFC, the bus company, the barclays center, and all the fighters whose fights were cancelled bar artem so 5 in total, possibly plus Rose, possibly plus the security guards.

sure, he'll need the money and Dana loves money too but he really is going to have to draw the line on this, he went too far. and it would have to be in another country for starters. Conor's not coming back from this, he's gonna have criminal proceedings possible jail time, a multitude of civil suits, possibly rehab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

he's probably going to be banned from the UFC altogether, Dana can't allow him back after he put so many fighters at risk, no venue will want to risk letting him in the door let alone the cage and possibly banned from the entire country. if he gets charged with a felony (which assault can be if the injuries are severe) his license to fight will be revoked.
    he's gonna be sued by the UFC, the bus company, the barclays center, and all the fighters whose fights were cancelled bar artem so 5 in total, possibly plus Rose, possibly plus the security guards.

sure, he'll need the money and Dana loves money too but he really is going to have to draw the line on this, he went too far. and it would have to be in another country for starters. Conor's not coming back from this, he's gonna have criminal proceedings possible jail time, a multitude of civil suits, possibly rehab.

😀

God bless your innocence. Highest profile UFC fighter causes a harmless ruck at a media event to promote a UFC fight.

Let's me guess this will turn into a huge feud, that will end with McGregor fighting the other guy in a huge PPV event.

UFC fans must be slightly embarrassed their "sport" is barely a step above WWE at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

He's been charged with 3 counts of assault & 1 count of criminal mischief, and is due in court later today!!

He's really not taking his sister not winning 'Dancing with the Stars' well has he?

• Advertisement

tbh it really makes me think about how crazy it is that such a violent sport is even legal. things like this are bound to happen because the sport will attract crazy, violent people. you have to be nuts to get into a cage with another guy/girl who has basically turned their body into a lethal weapon knowing that the fight won't be over until one of you is beaten senseless. call me a wuss but whenever i see someone get finished in a ufc fight i think to myself 'i really wouldn't like that to happen to me, should probably avoid getting into any fights, forever.' though ive taken a beating or two the average joe doesn't have the capacity to damage you as bad as an mma fighter.

i'd say some day there will be a death in the octagon on a widely viewed ufc fight and there will be calls for it to be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He's been charged with 3 counts of assault & 1 count of criminal mischief, and is due in court later today!!

And the fall begins, bit of a tragedy really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He's really not taking his sister not willing 'Dancing with the Stars' well has he?

If he was found guilty would that mean he’d have a very hard time getting back into the states in future.

Ryan will have him on the Late Late again anyway so all isn't lost :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,376 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Conor's not coming back from this, he's gonna have criminal proceedings possible jail time, a multitude of civil suits, possibly rehab.

To my knowledge, they don't offer rehab from simply being a p****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

What a wonderful turn of phrase that is.

DaFbSTNVAAAHlhy.jpg:small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Cokehead toerag does cokehead toerag things... nothing to see here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

I think this guy decided early on that in order to become successful he needed to adopt a larger than life persona by pretending to be an Ali-lite cocky, arrogant, bling-bling complete and utter wanker. Somewhere along the line the pretending stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

8Mmz0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

All a PR stunt, this is hype for the eventual fight between him and the winner of this one in 9/10 months time ...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement