Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Some sort of impulsive behavioural issues, possibly adhd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

He's been charged with 3 counts of assault & 1 count of criminal mischief, and is due in court later today!!

He's really not taking his sister not willing 'Dancing with the Stars' well has he?

lol - what a total dope

it was only a matter of time before the coke addled fool would press the self destruct button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Breaking news on every possible news outlet:
    Scumbag does another scummy thing !

All a PR stunt, this is hype for the eventual fight between him and the winner of this one in 9/10 months time ...

he'll have to be admitted into the US first to fulfill any such fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    ��

God bless your innocence. Highest profile UFC fighter causes a harmless ruck at a media event to promote a UFC fight.

Let's me guess this will turn into a huge feud, that will end with McGregor fighting the other guy in a huge PPV event.

UFC fans must be slightly embarrassed their "sport" is barely a step above WWE at this stage.

One fighter can't fight because of lacerations to his face from McGregor putting a hand truck through the bus window, another fighter can't fight because he got glass in his eye from McGregor putting a hand truck through the bus window and another UFC employee has a broken hand apparently, although there hasn't been much more about this since Dana mentioned it.

Maybe you just don't know the definition of harmless? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Never said he was from North Dublin...said he looks like a feral North Dub kid

Why then not say he looks like a feral South Dub kid? There's no shortage of them there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Think more south american.

and powdery.

Substance abuse is common with such issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

lawred2 wrote: »

They can just have it in Dublin or even better - Mother Russia !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Think more south american.

and powdery.

ye probably all know this but that stuff can cause longterm impulsive behavioural issues too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

All a PR stunt, this is hype for the eventual fight between him and the winner of this one in 9/10 months time ...

Get people queued up to buy a night of tripe on pay per view.a year listening to theory’s on the may weather fight if you turned on the tv or radio and you would definitely see better fights in supermacs after a night out.mctapper is past tense and these types of gimpish outbursts are last ditch efforts to keep his name in the news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If it's a PR stunt, they wouldn't have gotten the cops involved. That complicates the whole thing if McGregor ends up being banned from the US or spending any time in jail.

Between this and getting into a brawl in Crumlin with some actual gangsters, it's clear at this stage that McGregor is just an idiot who now fancies himself as untouchable.

Within a decade he'll be on the scratcher again, guarantee it.

they could but locations like that don't really bring out the mega bucks sponsors or tv networks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Substance abuse is common with such issues

I was referring to coffee, he appears over stimulated.

I have no idea what you're referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

seamus wrote: »
    If it's a PR stunt, they wouldn't have gotten the cops involved. That complicates the whole thing if McGregor ends up being banned from the US or spending any time in jail.

Between this and getting into a brawl in Crumlin with some actual gangsters, it's clear at this stage that McGregor is just an idiot who now fancies himself as untouchable.

Within a decade he'll be on the scratcher again, guarantee it.

Or worse, 'Dancing with the Stars' :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    God bless your innocence. Highest profile UFC fighter causes a harmless ruck at a media event to promote a UFC fight.

Let's me guess this will turn into a huge feud, that will end with McGregor fighting the other guy in a huge PPV event.

UFC fans must be slightly embarrassed their "sport" is barely a step above WWE at this stage.

you're calling this a harmless ruck and I'M naive? i have a feeling you aren't familiar with the US legal system, the licensing codes that fighters must adhere to, or US visa regulations. and I'm guessing you never had a steel trolley and broken glass lodged in your face, either.

there are going to be serious consequences for this in the short and long term and he'll likely never fight in America again. that's the reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

Staged, the UFC is becoming as fake as wrestling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

If he dies, he dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

No he hasn't. He will get a massive payday to fight this weekends winner, and reclaim his title. UFC copying WWF/WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If he’s guilty as charged will he have major hassle trying to enter the USA again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Why then not say he looks like a feral South Dub kid? There's no shortage of them there.

Or even more accurate and say a feral West Dublin kid?

Plenty going cheap at Lidl Fortunestown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

A good stint in rehab....
    NA,AA,lifering....

The higher you go, the harder you fall....

Looks like it's from Park Avenue to Park Bench for Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Well I'm deeply shocked that young McGregor turned out to be a stupid, violent pup with no self-control. I mean, who'd a' thunk??

Hurrache wrote: »

Time to @ufc start promete good people, fighters that can be a example for kids and new generation and also that can be good for the image of the show.

best of luck with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

he's going to get so many charges off of this, is going to be sued by a bunch of people including the UFC, probably deported and banned from the US altogether.

Do you not think that there is a small chance of the UFC encouraging him to do this to promote the fight this weekend? Connor might even be getting a percentage of the gate on this one.

I get that UFC is real fighting but it uses WWW wrestling promotion tactics. 90 percent of what Connor comes out with is rubbish just to promote the fight. I think it is staged. I don't believe that they would strip him of the title without telling him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Even if it did start out as a PR stunt it certainly escalated to much worse. He wont fight UFC again. People were hurt hence the reason he is up on charges.

You cant fault McGregor for all he has achieved but the bloke is obviously a huge liability to himself and others. The UFC has its fanbase built on a lot of his work but doesnt need him anymore.

lawred2 wrote: »

doubt khabib would come here and no way conor goes to russia, absolutely no way. khabib is connected with some scary dudes. neither fighter would feel safe in the others country, even though they both act fearless and khabib is saying now he hopes conor doesn't go to jail so they can stil fight. but as title holder why should he have to go into Conor's home turf? to prove a point maybe.

could do it in Brazil or somewhere like that. If it does happen I'd be backing khabib with every penny i have. he's probably the better fighter anyway and legal issues and lawsuits are extremely draining on a person. if it does ever happen it won't be for quite a long time and probably conor would just do it cuz his money's gone. and then he'd probably get rocked or pull a Tyson and get DQ'd or something like that, turn it into another sh-tshow.

srsly any way you slice it, Conor's dunzo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

there are going to be serious consequences for this in the short and long term and he'll likely never fight in America again. that's the reality.

Yes, because American sports licensing authorities are a haven for the virtuous...
    doubt khabib would come here and no way conor goes to russia, absolutely no way. khabib is connected with some scary dudes. neither fighter would feel safe in the others country, even though they both act fearless and khabib is saying now he hopes conor doesn't go to jail so they can stil fight. but as title holder why should he have to go into Conor's home turf? to prove a point maybe.

Are you actually trying to suggest that Russian dude would be worried about coming to Dublin lest he be accosted by Conor's coked up mates??

That's hilarious...

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Yes, because American sports licensing authorities are a haven for the virtuous...

whether the fight gets a licence is irrelevant if McGregor can't get past US immigration..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm not an MMA fan so have never really understood the hype over the guy. Anytime I've seen him mentioned in the news, he just comes across as an immature eejit who can't handle the money and fame he suddenly found himself with. Certainly not someone to be supporting or holding up as a role model IMO

So now it seems his antics are catching up with him and he faces some potentially serious consequences for himself and his "career".. Good enough for him really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Never saw one in person before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Do you not think that there is a small chance of the UFC encouraging him to do this to promote the fight this weekend? Connor might even be getting a percentage of the gate on this one.

I get that UFC is real fighting but it uses WWW wrestling promotion tactics. 90 percent of what Connor comes out with is rubbish just to promote the fight. I think it is staged. I don't believe that they would strip him of the title without telling him.

Is being held in police custody overnight part of the promotion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I respect what he has done in mma. But holy god the man has no class and never will he needs a better group of friends around him. Where were the event security that is abit strange too me there only seems a couple there. You would see more at the local bingo hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Drugs don't work, they just make you worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

look at the absolute state of him

iqz7pR8.jpg

Wheety wrote: »

iqz7pR8.jpg

That's a still from lidl out in Fortunestown surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Well, looks like McGregor went full retard…

If he’s guilty as charged will he have major hassle trying to enter the USA again
    it's actually mind boggling how many idiots can't grasp this and just think it's a setup to generate hype for conor and khabib to fight.

he'll probably have his license revoked and be banned from the entire country, and that's before we even get to whether Dana would allow him back. which i don't think he will. sure the money would be huge but is Dana going to choose money, which he doesn't need more of anyway, over the safety of the fighters who behave properly? he cut michael chiesa's face, shook up Rose pretty bad, got 3 fights cancelled. Dana will have to try and keep some integrity. Plus he's gonna take Conor to the cleaners in a lawsuit, hard to see them just put that to the side and work together again. He doesn't really need Conor that bad the UFC is huge at this point and there's always gonna be a new guy coming up.

just because you're famous and you fight for a living doesn't mean you can commit crimes in the US and continue to work there. it's all on video so he's no chance of beating the case he'll be pleading guilty. only fighting he'll be doing for the next couple years will be in courtrooms. he'll probably have to stay back here and focus on training other fighters or running a gym something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mtx wrote: »

It's great of the police to play along and charge him for assault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Mtx wrote: »

It's great of the police to play along and charge him for assault.
    Worse for RTE to be treating it as the most important thing thing happening in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My father used to say " you can dress them up in fancy suits but the gouger will still come out". How right he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

If only he were like the Pied Scumbag of New York and they all followed him over there from the towns and cities of our land.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

It's true what they say, you should never meet your heroes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Is being held in police custody overnight part of the promotion?

It will add millions to his personal wealth. It will only boost his fighting image higher.

I'm not a Connor fan. I just think that it could be staged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It will add millions to his personal wealth. It will only boost his fighting image higher.

I'm not a Connor fan. I just think that it could be staged

and the NYPD are in on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

news reports coming out say Conor's locked up in NYC after going on a violent rampage at the UFC press conference. he picked up a number of heavy metal objects and threw them at a bus containing other fighters, one of the objects broke the bus window which led to one of the fighters getting cut badly on his face/head. it was caught on tape as well.

he's going to get so many charges off of this, is going to be sued by a bunch of people including the UFC, probably deported and banned from the US altogether.

ufc career gone, huge chunks of his money gone, criminal record and most likely a serious drug problem (doubt he was sober and it wasn't budweiser he was on) crazy and sad, but he's so screwed.

It beats getting whupped by a 42 year old retired boxer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

He is minted. "ruined his life" - Yeah, I don't think so. He may not fight again in the UFC after this but that won't stop the money coming in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

what he did, was what a certain group of people would do if you offended a member of their family.

some people should never come into money like he has.

I hate all the "well hes a millionaire" bull, like thats the only measure of a person these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Wheety wrote: »

iqz7pR8.jpg

Ya junkies junkies bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Sounds like an April fool. But an incident later ke this involving mcgregor wouldn’t surprise me

April Fools is passed and gone
    So he's the fool that carrys on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement