Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

GBX wrote: »
    It was a sh1te thing to do. But yeah he "came into money" without pursuing a goal and succeeding in life. :rolleyes:

ok someone who has acquired wealth. i didn't mean he hasn't earned his wealth, he has but its like some of my friends i would like to win the euro millions and some i wouldn't, as they would not be able to handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

he brought bad name to whole country now and think that he should be publicly named and shamed

Conor McGregor.

There you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Conor McGregor.

There you go.

Never heard of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Conor McGregor.

There you go.

meant by govt bodies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

exactly, but thats the past now and cant see any future for him, unless farmers markets fights.
    another thing is, he brought bad name to whole country now and think that he should be publicly named and shamed

Does this mean we can blame the unemployed, the government, the banks, Irish Water and now Conor McGregor for whatever we are disagreeing about on Boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So The Notorious threw a trolley at a bus window?

3c09d14adcdd6626599b630020298af374a0fd836295a829a62c17c45770fd64.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

whiskeyman wrote: »
    They don't need to be.
    But do you think they'll be all heavy handed on him?
    Unlikely...
    It's a tiny price to pay for all the PR etc...
    He'll prob have a cosy cell to himself and all the cops will be fawning over him anyway.

The team behind him will have formulated all the 'what if' scenarios the law could possibly throw at him.
    Either way, they all win.

a conviction for assault could lead to difficulties getting further visas for the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

what a thread title, McGregor has no more ruined his life than say Mayweather did when he punched his spouse around the place

This debacle will be over when he fights Khabib in September and the only thing Mc has done is increase publicity for PPV buys

The fight game has always been the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

squawker wrote: »
    what a thread title, McGregor has no more ruined his life than say Mayweather did when he punched his spouse around the place...

Yeah, I wouldn't say he's "ruined his life" with this - presumably coke-fueled - balls-up, but I would consider it severely career-limiting at this juncture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

whiskeyman wrote: »
    The team behind him will have formulated all the 'what if' scenarios the law could possibly throw at him.
    Either way, they all win.

Seems a hell of a risky game - get the wrong DA looking at it and wanting to make a name for himself and they could probably throw homeland security charges at him if they really wanted (gang of foreigners flew in to cause what was a pre-planned violent incident).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

a conviction for assault could lead to difficulties getting further visas for the US.

If mctapper owns property over there maybe his residential status may protect him from some convictions.im not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

jimgoose wrote: »
    but I would consider it severely career-limiting at this juncture.

the outrage brigade will move onto the next thing in a few days

then this will be included in the inevitable promos for his next ultimate grudge match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Seems a hell of a risky game - get the wrong DA looking at it and wanting to make a name for himself and they could probably throw homeland security charges at him if they really wanted (gang of foreigners flew in to cause what was a pre-planned violent incident).

Newstalk news slot said a guy from Hyde park in Dalkey was also charged. Is that Kinehan territory / connections.

Does this mean we can blame the unemployed, the government, the banks, Irish Water and now Conor McGregor for whatever we are disagreeing about on Boards?

didnt say that ...just pointing on him as being a very bad example for younssters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

One fighter can't fight because of lacerations to his face from McGregor putting a hand truck through the bus window, another fighter can't fight because he got glass in his eye from McGregor putting a hand truck through the bus window and another UFC employee has a broken hand apparently, although there hasn't been much more about this since Dana mentioned it.

Maybe you just don't know the definition of harmless? :rolleyes:

How much were these boys going to get for turning up to fight?
    Maybe €20k a piece?

How much will they get from suing McGregor?
    Yeah, i'd have glass in my eye too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

If mctapper owns property over there maybe his residential status may protect him from some convictions.im not sure.

Owning property in the US doesn't give you residential status there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

ProudDUB wrote:
    I take it he's a Liverpool then so?

Hes a fan of impregnating Liverpudlian women allegedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Rubbish.

Snowflake much?
    tbh it really makes me think about how crazy it is that such a violent sport is even legal. things like this are bound to happen because the sport will attract crazy, violent people. you have to be nuts to get into a cage with another guy/girl who has basically turned their body into a lethal weapon knowing that the fight won't be over until one of you is beaten senseless. call me a wuss but whenever i see someone get finished in a ufc fight i think to myself 'i really wouldn't like that to happen to me, should probably avoid getting into any fights, forever.' though ive taken a beating or two the average joe doesn't have the capacity to damage you as bad as an mma fighter.

How much were these boys going to get for turning up to fight?
    Maybe €20k a piece?

How much will they get from suing McGregor?
    Yeah, i'd have glass in my eye too.

The NY commission pulled them out on doctors advice.

The lads haven't just gone, "Yeah, can't fight now". Ludicrous to have the lack of brainpower to realise that athletes can't just pull out of events because they feel like it.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Kavanagh seems decent and I'd say he is seething but McGregor has outgrown him and he has probably no control over him. The reputation of his gym is taking a hit. Real risk that his SBG fighters dont get let near the UFC in the future, especially with Artem involved here and being left off the card.
    More and more it's looking like SBG is a breeding ground for thugs and John has to take responsibility for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I can see it now; sued by the UFC, sued by 5 professional UFC fighters, left penniless and without any sponsors and then suddenly in January 2019.......tonight, on Dancing With The Stars! Conor McGregor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Referenced on Australian prime time tv to a drug problem. Same being tweeted by influential UFC figures. What is known in small town Dublin is going global.

Huh? Link to tweets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

His scummy behaviour have affected Ray Borg a lot more than his intended target. Multiple cornea abrasions. That could be a career ending injury. He is a complete idiot and I hope Ray sues the bejaysus out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Its called the fall and redemption model.

He'll be repetent in a white suit in 3 months, telling the story on the late late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

squawker wrote: »
    what a thread title, McGregor has no more ruined his life than say Mayweather did when he punched his spouse around the place

Mayweather did all that before the current 'faux outrage' twitter maniacs that we have today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

elefant wrote: »
    Ya junkies junkies bastard.

A classic crime line picture of the mctapper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

This is the kind of incident lawyers dream of. A ritch man, gone berserk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

mad muffin wrote: »
    This is the kind of incident lawyers dream of. A ritch man, gone berserk.

Dickhead doing dickish things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

It's back to the projects for McGregor! No class of a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

So was this all coz of the scuffle with Khabib and Artem the day before?
    It's all very "schoolyard".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Huh? Link to tweets?

Those tweets will validate everything. Rock solid sources of information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The_B_Man wrote: »
    So was this all coz of the scuffle with Khabib and Artem the day before?
    It's all very "schoolyard".

Has he called Khabib, kebab yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I'm conflicted whether he is actually in self destruct mode or it's a very calculated marketing campaign to live up to the notorious name.

I'll get it out there, I don't like him I think he's a national embarrassment but part of me thinks everybody involved is in on this.
    Dana white, the ufc, the injured fighter, everyone. It's very WWE esque. Even the items conveniently left there to be used as weapons, I've seen wrestlers use that before. All looking for a piece of the pie.
    Look at the scene, loads of people around and he wasn't stopped or really challenged. Ok he's a ufc fighter but he's a small man and even 2 of the guys on the bus could have taken him no bother at all, if they really wanted to.

Look at every boxing match promotion, boxers mouthing and pretending to hate each other. Fake punch ups at weigh in etc....

If McGregor isn't barred out of US I think this was a rouse.

While I'd love him to go broke and become a nobody I think the more he does things like this the more notorious and infamous he becomes and his advisors know it.

So we'll see what happens in this court now in Brooklyn. My money is on very little at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Summer In the City

Dr_Bill wrote: »
    It's back to the projects for McGregor! No class of a man.

He's from a big gaff in Lucan.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If Chris Brown can batter his very high profile girlfriend in public and have it seemingly forgotten about sometime later as his career recovers, I believe a UFC fighter may be okay in doing this nonsense and not ruining their lives.

He'll be in trouble sure, but he'll probably be okay

Saying this as someone who doesn't like UFC or Conor McGregor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

He walks like a constipated toddler, and why does he hold his head up like that? Is it because he is so tiny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Those tweets will validate everything. Rock solid sources of information.

Wind your neck in. Just wanted to see what he's talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

This is just a very clever marketing campaign and early promotion for McGregor V the winner of the fight.

Beverly Hills, California

This is just a very clever marketing campaign and early promotion for McGregor V the winner of the fight.

wouldn't say so :) more likely his next fight will be in US prison to not become someones b1tch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Apparently for the first charge he can be fine €1000, that will teach him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Standard dalkey resident behavior, probably made McGregor do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Standard dalkey resident behavior, probably made McGregor do it

..what is the Dalkey connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

McGregor V Big Boss Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It was well done with all the 'props' positioned perfectly... Maybe the window wasn't meant to shatter so easily...
    But good promotional video overall....

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Apparently for the first charge he can be fine €1000, that will teach him.

And the felony he's been charged with comes with a 2 year mandatory sentence if found guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Its not WWE but McNugget things it is. No consequences for his actions he thinks hes in la la land coked to high heaven with yes men all around him.
    Hes too deluded to see they all money grabbers and hes not in a "gang" with them.
    Lobov and other clowns using him for his dosh might have that bite them, Lobov droped from the card.
    Foolish.
    Blind leading the blinds.

Whats interesting is going to be UFC's reaction to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I genuinely think it's 50/50 blend of him being a thug, and looking to drum up major publicity for his return fight that got very much out of hand in terms of outcomes.

I would say busting the glass and actually causing injuries was not part of the actual plan. ...but then again, maybe it completely was an unscripted display of pure idiotic thuggary with no great thought process behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

He's a complete and utter scummy thug and it's all he'll ever be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

A classic crime line picture of the mctapper

This incident involved McGregor. Im not sure who McTapper is.
    You ok hun? Late night?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement