Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

@lawred2

Do you have a link to back that up? That's a pretty strong accusation to make in a public forum- especially against a multi-millionaire who's potentially about to be relieved of some of those millions through civil law-suits. I'd imagine he might want to claw back some of those losses?

I'm sure he is going to go after some random bloke on a forum :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

barrier86 wrote: »
    don't need a link. every dog on the street knows about this.

The thing is, dog's don't make great corroborating witnesses for the defence.

Boards.ie is the publisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

The thing is, dog's don't make great corroborating witnesses for the defence.

Ruff, but true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Never saw one in person before...

You've never been to Tallaght, Jobstown, Clondalkin or Ballyfermot so. All towns in South Dublin, all with no shortage of feral kids... and a fair many decent folk too it has to be said.

You're obviously not from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

A lot of people suggesting he's on coke....just looks like a feral North Dub kid to me

He’s a southsider.

barrier86 wrote: »
    don't need a link. every dog on the street knows about this.

Oh right. I haven't talked to the street dogs recently. I really should take more time for them- it appears you can learn loads from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

it's all over the front page, it's giving him roid rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

@lawred2

Do you have a link to back that up? That's a pretty strong accusation to make in a public forum- especially against a multi-millionaire who's potentially about to be relieved of some of those millions through civil law-suits. I'd imagine he might want to claw back some of those losses?

It's the concentrated levels of sugar you see! Some kids just don't react well at all to it. Well known really.

• Advertisement

Oh right. I haven't talked to the street dogs recently. I really should take more time for them- it appears you can learn loads from them.

Might need to sniff each other's holes rather than talk to them.

So we can all say what we like so. Ah right, thanks for that legal advice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Whats prison rules UFC like?

fight with your arse against the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

RTE NEWS:

CMG released on bail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

This post has been deleted.

oh ffs

• Advertisement

Due to appear in court again in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Released on 50,000 bail and allowed to leave the country.

He'll have to be happy enough with that

. sure the money would be huge but is Dana going to choose money, which he doesn't need more of anyway

Are you joking? The the UFC needs a ton of money.
    Dana being personally wealthy is a separate issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I watched the RTE news and there appears (allegedly) to be a back story around bullying/threats against another fighter and he flew over to intervene.

It must be some back story if it pushed him to do what he's alleged to have done.

He is friends with one of the guys who was on the fight card for tomorrow and there was some kind of aggro with his friends opponent I think.

McGregor will have the cash to defend himself but the Dublin guy Cian Cowley who flew over with him is up on the same charges and he won't have the cash to do so.

Order of protection against 5 individuals - to make no contact. CMG agreed.

June 14th Next appearance in Court.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Effects wrote: »
    Are you joking? The the UFC needs a ton of money.
    Dana being personally wealthy is a separate issue.

Is the upkeep on Dana's glow in the dark teeth expensive you reckon?

He is friends with one of the guys who was on the fight card for tomorrow and there was some kind of aggro with his friends opponent I think.

He needs to calm down once all of this is over. It's not the most shocking thing that could happen on a news day but it's bad for him obviously - he's still very young @ under 30 but maybe he's peaked in terms of his own abilities- he's made his millions-he needs to learn quickly now how to hang on to that money and make good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Rezident

Why do you think he's screwed for breaking a few windows? He's a multi-millionaire in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Rezident wrote: »
    Why do you think he's screwed for breaking a few windows? He's a multi-millionaire in the US.

If he gets a conviction he might not be let back in there for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Wealth is temporary.
    Class is permanent.

And money can't buy class.
    I lost all respect for him when he threw the tricolour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

@lawred2

Here's a video of McGregor coked off his tits-there are plenty more on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/O1r0jhsnptg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Rodin wrote: »
    I lost all respect for him when he threw the tricolour.

You can’t be serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I watched the RTE news and there appears (allegedly) to be a back story around bullying/threats against another fighter and he flew over to intervene.

It must be some back story if it pushed him to do what he's alleged to have done.

His friend Artem went on Russian TV, called Khabib a pussy and said he was going to give him a slap when he saw him.

Khabib took umbrage at this and when he saw Artem in the hotel during the week he told him not to be using his name to promote himself ever again.

Artem shat the pantaloons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

sabat wrote: »

https://youtu.be/O1r0jhsnptg

He definitely looks the part but wasn't this video taken three days before a fight? I find it hard to believe he was getting on the gauge a couple of days before a bout?

McGregor will have the cash to defend himself but the Dublin guy Cian Cowley who flew over with him is up on the same charges and he won't have the cash to do so.

Artem, Conor’s mate had beef with Khabib. Khabib wasn’t his opponent.
    Khabib is the guy who is getting Conor’s belt tomorrow night after it was stripped from Conor for not defending it.

Cian Crowley is broke but Conor would need to be a total asshole of he didn’t pay his legal fees for him.

• Advertisement

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Is the upkeep on Dana's glow in the dark teeth expensive you reckon?

He paid his dues for those teeth. I wouldn’t begrudge him.
    https://goo.gl/images/EpJ7xA

sabat wrote: »

Well if that's where you're getting your news from, you'll love this video on a little known church who's philosophy is based on aliens and billion year contracts- they're a great bunch of lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBz5Xic_Y2s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Artem [one of Conor's boys] was talking trash about Khabib [one of the fighters in the main event. They're fighting for the belt that Conor refuses to defend] Khabib corners him at the event and words are exchanged. Supposedly Khabib ends up slapping him. Artem calls Conor like a child his Mommy and Conor and his gang of thugs fly to NY and the rest is history. Artem was kicked off the card for his role in this.

Cian Crowley is broke but Conor would need to be a total asshole of he didn’t pay his legal fees for him.

Crowley should have thought about that before he wanted to act like one of Conor's hired thugs.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Crowley should have thought about that before he wanted to act like one of Conor's hired thugs.

It’s not an act though, he is a hired thug.

It’s not an act though, he is a hired thug.

Then he needs to rethink his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Ipso wrote: »
    it's all over the front page, it's giving him roid rage.

that sounds like the start of a great song that's not written yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They'll just have fights in Mexico, Canada, Brazil etc if he gets banned from the U.S. The location matters little, it's the time zone that pays the bills.

If the UFC completely dropped him, he'd just fight in a low Tax Caribbean nation, in a one off PPV fight with Nate Diaz, promote it themselves, take the PPV cash for themselves.

McGregor will then be able to temp away individuals in the UFC for one off fights and do the same.

There is a big risk of MMA becoming like boxing if the UFC and McGregor fall out

If the UFC completely dropped him, he'd just fight in a low Tax Caribbean nation, in a one off PPV fight with Nate Diaz, promote it themselves, take the PPV cash for themselves.

McGregor will then be able to temp away individuals in the UFC for one off fights and do the same.

There is a big risk of MMA becoming like boxing if the UFC and McGregor fall out

Yes and he ****es rainbows and would consume Khabib with bolts of lightning from his eyes.

• Advertisement

Yes and he ****es rainbows and would consume Khabib with bolts of lightning from his eyes.

What part of my post do you disagree with?

What part of my post do you disagree with?

The part I quoted

The part I quoted

You don't think that the likes of McGregor could just break from the UFC and promote fights for themselves like boxers do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

His friend Artem went on Russian TV, called Khabib a pussy and said he was going to give him a slap when he saw him.

Khabib took umbrage at this and when he saw Artem in the hotel during the week he told him not to be using his name to promote himself ever again.

Artem shat the pantaloons.
    and that is no exaggeration looked like he saw a ghost.

ps
    i'd read khabib quotes all day

"My first option when Tony’s out I say ‘hey, where’s Conor? Bring Conor. Is he champ? Bring this guy," Nurmagomedov told TMZ Sports.

"He post message saying like ‘I’m staying ready bla bla bla’ but now when UFC call him he’s not ready… Dana told me about Conor ‘hey, now he have very good sponsorship with Burger King he have to look nice, we don’t want to change his face’ so I said ‘ok, now I understand'."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

You don't think that the likes of McGregor could just break from the UFC and promote fights for themselves like boxers do?

No because there's belts on the line in boxing too.
    Undisputed champion of the caribbean doesn't have the same ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

of course he can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Hope he misses the next court date and ends up on the island.

The guy is a cokehead.

But he will still get a hero's welcome from the idiots that follow him.

No because there's belts on the line in boxing too.
    Undisputed champion of the caribbean doesn't have the same ring.

The belts don't matter. People buy the PPVs for the fights, the rivalry etc.

You're very naive if you think that McGregor v Diaz 3 (the previous 2 fought without belts on the line) wouldn't make 1+million PPV buys at $80 a pop in the U.S.

You're very naive to think that if McGregor challenged Khabib Nurmagomedov to a similar scenario that they wouldn't get 1+million PPV buys at $80 a pop.

Diaz and Khabib would earn about 10 times they could from a fight V McGregor away from the UFC. McGregor probably about 5 times the amount. I don't think you understand how the fight game works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Hope he misses the next court date and ends up on the island.

The guy is a cokehead.

But he will still get a hero's welcome from the idiots that follow him.

Well you know that old saying 'who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows the fool".

Can't we just like.. put them all in a cargo unit, send it on a ship to some faraway god forsaken island and remove them permanently from the rest of the world??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

The belts don't matter. People buy the PPVs for the fights, the rivalry etc.

You're very naive if you think that McGregor v Diaz 3 (the previous 2 fought without belts on the line) wouldn't make 1+million PPV buys at $80 a pop in the U.S.

You're very naive to think that if McGregor challenged Khabib Nurmagomedov to a similar scenario that they wouldn't get 1+million PPV buys at $80 a pop.

Diaz and Khabib would earn about 10 times they could from a fight V McGregor away from the UFC. McGregor probably about 5 times the amount. I don't think you understand how the fight game works.

Ha Ha. Why are they fighting? To make PPV bucks? You're very naive if you don't think people see through that very quickly. In fact who are these people? Never heard of them mate. The only reason the last one did any good was because Mayweather was involved. No chance.

Ha Ha. Why are they fighting? To make PPV bucks? You're very naive if you don't think people see through that very quickly. In fact who are these people? Never heard of them mate. The only reason the last one did any good was because Mayweather was involved. No chance.

Why did 1.6million people pay for McGregor v Diaz 2?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement