Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

He should have apologised for his actions. All he did was thankthe legal team, DA etc, his family, friends and FANS for their support. He should be grateful he got off so light. He ought to realise that he's not attracting fans by that behaviour. He's lost me, for one.

A little bit of humility goes a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Did alright for himself anyways was trending high all over the globe for few years there... big box office you know? Bit surreal when you see him bummin around down on rafters road with his buds

Out of interest I’d like to know how the lookalike trying to follow the same path who showed me his MMA invitation on his phone in the PO is doing?! ..or who he is but dead ringer is an understement think he trains in the crumlin boxing club too.... possible career as a doppelgänger anyways it’s uncanny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Scumbag who has let down all his young fans. If that was ANYONE ordinary they would be kicked out of USA forever and ever and he can swan back and forth. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Seen him in a mad looking Beemer over by Portobello on Monday... looked like a little action figure in the motor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Scumbag who has let down all his young fans. If that was ANYONE ordinary they would be kicked out of USA forever and ever and he can swan back and forth. :mad:

Who says he has to be a role model for anyone

• Advertisement

acai berry wrote: »
    He should have apologised for his actions. All he did was thankthe legal team, DA etc, his family, friends and FANS for their support. He should be grateful he got off so light. He ought to realise that he's not attracting fans by that behaviour. He's lost me, for one.

A little bit of humility goes a long way.

The real punishment comes now after he has plead guilty and all the litigation that will follow.

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    The real punishment comes now after he has plead guilty and all the litigation that will follow.

That's true, Alpha_zero, but to the average onlooker, it looks like he got off lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A lawyer from New York was interviewed on Matt Coopers show and he said all he has to pay was for the damage to the bus and compensate the fighters who couldn't fight on the night for loss of earnings which is loose change to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

GOATy McGOATface

A lawyer from New York was interviewed on Matt Coopers show and he said all he has to pay was for the damage to the bus and compensate the fighters who couldn't fight on the night for loss of earnings which is loose change to him.

Didn't some security guard get 200k for the Bottle throwing incident with Nate Diaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Didn't some security guard get 200k for the Bottle throwing incident with Nate Diaz

One of the Joe Rogan MMA focused podcasts a while back, had some industry guys and fighters on and they pretty much all claimed the lads who were on the bus screwed up big time by taking fights after the incident, as it killed any big payout for them from Mcgregor.

Venom wrote: »
    One of the Joe Rogan MMA focused podcasts a while back, had some industry guys and fighters on and they pretty much all claimed the lads who were on the bus screwed up big time by taking fights after the incident, as it killed any big payout for them from Mcgregor.
    Good point, Venom! They shoud have held off fighting, if they hoped to get more money.

It was a nice touch using the lawyer to deliberately announce the fight ahead of the UFC.

See he is learning he should have had one of the goons throwing the trolley at the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Can't wait for this khabib fight and for the first time I will be actively cheering against Conor. This lad needs (and I really believe he will receive) a serious kicking. He just seems like a scobie fcuk these days and I'm hoping the loss will make him humble and bearable again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Mark my words. Conor is going to get destroyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

khaldrogo wrote: »

Been hearing that before all of his fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Who knows, he might go out on the lash and destroy a kebab!

Been hearing that before all of his fights.

Not from me. I've backed him in every fight up to now apart from Aldo fight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Can't wait for this khabib fight and for the first time I will be actively cheering against Conor. This lad needs (and I really believe he will receive) a serious kicking. He just seems like a scobie fcuk these days and I'm hoping the loss will make him humble and bearable again.

You're out of luck as Khabib has no kicking game whatsoever.

I don't know about that incident but when he threw the trolley at the bus some of the people inside got bits of glass on them, I think one got some in their eye.

Not a nice thing to happen but according to this lawyer even if they did decide to sue him they would get no more than maybe 20 k so not worth it.

• Advertisement

How do you know that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Great to see him back.

I don't know about that incident but when he threw the trolley at the bus some of the people inside got bits of glass on them, I think one got some in their eye.

Not a nice thing to happen but according to this lawyer even if they did decide to sue him they would get no more than maybe 20 k so not worth it.

They will be able to sue for considerably more than that. Ray Borg could easily find a doctor to state that he has shortened his career, loss of earnings etc.

The key issue is that he had admitted guilt in the plea deal. There are going to be a handful of cases against him.

How do you know that?

How does anyone know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

They will be able to sue for considerably more than that. Ray Borg could easily find a doctor to state that he has shortened his career, loss of earnings etc.

The key issue is that he had admitted guilt in the plea deal. There are going to be a handful of cases against him.

If they went fighting after the night in question then they could not possibly claim the incident shortened their careers - and Borg stated he pulled out of his last fight to care for his child, which meant he was able to fight but for non-medical (his own I mean) reasons he did not

If they went fighting after the night in question then they could not possibly claim the incident shortened their careers - and Borg stated he pulled out of his last fight to care for his child, which meant he was able to fight but for non-medical (his own I mean) reasons he did not

He plead Guilty and now he has to face multiple lawsuit. The guilty plea hurt him in this regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

He plead Guilty and now he has to face multiple lawsuit. The guilty plea hurt him in this regard.

This was a criminal case. The lawsuits will be a civil matter. He could have been found not guilty in the criminal case and lose the civil lawsuits. Different burdens of proof n all that. So being found guilty doesn't matter much in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I think the video evidence of him actually doing it is going to hurt him more than the utterance of a plea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

While I can agree that McGregor has acted the bollix for quite a while he is an angel compared to Khabib. He is good friends with Ramzan Kadyrov for petes sake. Conor made a show of himself in New York but he isn't that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Rory28 wrote: »
    While I can agree that McGregor has acted the bollix for quite a while he is an angel compared to Khabib. He is good friends with Ramzan Kadyrov for petes sake. Conor made a show of himself in New York but he isn't that bad.

Yea but I don't care about what khabib does, I just wanna like Conor again! Also lets not forget Conor has been prancing around with Putin saying he is a great world leader. Spanners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I knew a guy once who took a lot of cocaine and became stupid as a result. :D

Yea but I don't care about what khabib does, I just wanna like Conor again! Also lets not forget Conor has been prancing around with Putin saying he is a great world leader. Spanners!

Yea me too man. What he said about Aldo and his team gave me hope. I dont think him taking a pic with Putin is as bad as Khabib being bankrolled by Kadyrov now in fairness but Putin is a dick so you're right in that respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I doubt he's given Putin's politics very much thought.....

Also he's a marketing genius. Of course he's going to get a pic with Putin and mention how great he is under it. The only bad publicity is no publicity and all that.

How does anyone know anything?

So basically you don't know, glad we cleared that one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

You need to have a reason......

Khabib is good on the ground, he is strong and from the fights I have watched he does have a robustness like Diaz...

BUT.......

His standup is really messy he literally puts his head down and comes swinging in.

My prediction is Conor will finish this fight in the first round, I actually put this as an easier fight for Conor than Diaz and Alvarez, if Khabib survives Conor's striking until the end of the third round.... Then Conor might be in trouble.... Khabib had taken 6 decisions from the last 10 fights... He is not a strong finisher....

That is assuming Conor shows up..... And I mean is actually fight ready after such a break.

• Advertisement

5 days to come up with that reply!!!

5 days to come up with that reply!!!

No I don't..........

But just for you.....

My reason is - because I believe it to be so.

Let's revisit this in a few months and see what's what. Russians are tough fcukers. Even an untrained one is dangerous. They are like travellers, they don't give up. Conor does. Conor has him all day on the feet but when it goes to the ground he's done. Khabib won't care about putting on a show and going punch for punch with Conor. He will get it to the ground as early as possible and maul Conor like a little girl.

Conor was well controlled by Chad on the mat and Khabib has a weight and skill advantage over Chad.

We'll see..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No I don't..........

But just for you.....

Let's revisit this in a few months and see what's what. Russians are tough fcukers. Even an untrained one is dangerous. They are like travellers, they don't give up. Conor does. Conor has him all day on the feet but when it goes to the ground he's done. Khabib won't care about putting on a show and going punch for punch with Conor. He will get it to the ground as early as possible and maul Conor like a little girl.

Conor was well controlled by Chad on the mat and Khabib has a weight and skill advantage over Chad.

We'll see..........

And as we have seen from the Diaz fight, McGregor will tap as soon as possible. There is no going out on your shield with McGregor, all mouth no trousers. Diaz had barely locked in when he was tapping like Fred Astaire.

And as we have seen from the Diaz fight, McGregor will tap as soon as possible. There is no going out on your shield with McGregor, all mouth no trousers. Diaz had barely locked in when he was tapping like Fred Astaire.

lol what nonsense. tapping is a lot better than "going out on your shield". Both are a loss but one could have him out on a medical suspension or worse for who knows how long.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Tapping is also what any good BJJ coach will teach you to do in your first lesson.

No I don't..........

But just for you.....

We'll see..........

Ignoring the russians are tough nonsense... This is the kind of things non trained fighters say.

I think Chad would beat Khabib, I think he is a better wrestler and a better striker but it would be hard to call.

Khabib has not fought enough top fighters yet..... I think he will look ordinary against Conor.

Diaz is a tough dude, took more punishment than most, his face was a complete mess in both fights.... Conor beat himself I feel in the first fight, he tried to finish early and gassed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

What about the effect of his cocaine habit, could tire him out quicker.
    I hope the knackbag loses anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TomSweeney wrote: »
    What about the effect of his cocaine habit, could tire him out quicker.
    I hope the knackbag loses anyway.

The cartilage in his nose will have eroded somewhat allowing him to take bigger intakes of air. It should double his cardio abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The cartilage in his nose will have eroded somewhat allowing him to take bigger intakes of air. It should double his cardio abilities.

Fact. A bad snorting habit is Nature's supercharger.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Fact. A bad snorting habit is Nature's supercharger.
    Plus there may be a few congealed clingers of marching powder in his snhozzle that he manages to loosen up during his fight, so that and his extra air intake will make him a superhero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Plus there may be a few congealed clingers of marching powder in his snhozzle that he manages to loosen up during his fight, so that and his extra air intake will make him a superhero.

Bingo. Supercharging and nitrous injection. Where would you get it??

jimgoose wrote: »
    Bingo. Supercharging and nitrous injection. Where would you get it??

Sounds like his next business venture should be in the petroleum market

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Hopefully Conor isn't on the Council Housing waiting list in 10 yrs time. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement