Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ah jaysis me nerves!

Imagine how Conor feels. Must be like sitting on death row on execution day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Absolutely cannot WAIT for tonight. I'm calling McGregor by TKO in the third round, anyone else have a prediction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Absolutely cannot WAIT for tonight. I'm calling McGregor by TKO in the third round, anyone else have a prediction?

Horrible boring fight where Khabib sits on him for 5 rounds. Conor apologises for his poor performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I got 80/1 off Ladbrooks for a draw, so I'm hoping for a draw.

I never call fights, the margin is just too small.

Although they're both the same age two years out of competition is a lot at 30, but you can never rule out a punchers chance.

I've trained and fought some high level wrestlers, and Khabib has years and years of Judo, Sambo and wrestling experience. The pressure they can put you under from on top is unlike anything you've ever experienced, its like drowning.

Khabib has kept busy, if he can take it to the ground I think CmcG will be road kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Horrible boring fight where Khabib sits on him for 5 rounds. Conor apologises for his poor performance.

Surely if you reckon Khabib can sit on him for the full five, that'd mean he'd also be capable of getting a KO or TKO before then?

Out of interest, has anyone seen a fight where one fighter dominates all five rounds on points but no KO or TKO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I very much doubt Conor could sustain Khabib's wrestling for five rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Surely if you reckon Khabib can sit on him for the full five, that'd mean he'd also be capable of getting a KO or TKO before then?

Out of interest, has anyone seen a fight where one fighter dominates all five rounds on points but no KO or TKO?

Khabib sat on Barboza for the majority of their fight and looked like he didn't break a sweat. Was only the 3 rounds, but he looks like he has the stamina to do it for 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Maybe it's been mentioned before this but McGregor said on instagram he wants to fight Anderson Silva at some point in the future, Silva said he would be up for it but he's a middle weight so I don't know how Connor thinks he would be able for a much bigger opponent even if he is older than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Do you think the Irish in attendance will start singing the Fields of Athenry if it turns into a one sided snoozefest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Yes, Khabib to get the TKO/Decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

3rd sub RNC #Andstill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Best of luck Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

As much as I wouldn't be a fan of him and his loudmouth braggadocio manner, I mostly hope he loses and loses rather badly if only to silence the mimicking little scrotes that never stfu about him for at least a couple of weeks.
    The Khabib lad seems like a humble enough chap too, so it'd be good to see him shut him up after all his talk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

As much as I wouldn't be a fan of him and his loudmouth braggadocio manner, I mostly hope he loses and loses rather badly if only to silence the mimicking little scrotes that never stfu about him for at least a couple of weeks.
    The Khabib lad seems like a humble enough chap too, so it'd be good to see him shut him up after all his talk.

Khabib lad seems like a humble .........

WTF check out Khabibs Chechen dictator friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

statesaver wrote: »

It's more than that, not a nice person at all. Humble me hole.

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    It's more than that, not a nice person at all. Humble me hole.

Dunno much of their history or dictatorial affiliations.

Talking about media presence and how one regularly presents himself as an insufferable loudmouth ******** and the other seems more content to keep his cool, his head down and do his talking in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I don't like McGregor much and I think his family act like pathetic classless arseholes.

It'd still be gas if he stretched Khabib though after two years off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Chechan dictator's don't tend to take well to people not wanting to be their friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

KHABIB!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Some dumb ***** on display there

Disgrace of a "sport".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

BoneIdol wrote: »
    Disgrace of a "sport".

Pick a sport and I will find a clip of a fight happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

Delighted to see the gurrier hammered
    Great day
    Happy day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

That was absolutely mental, ruined what was a great fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GottaLaugh

Golf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Imagine paying close to a grand to go to Vegas just to watch an Irish lad getting strangled on the ground.
    Absolute madness i tells ya.

Don't be ****ing daft.

There's close to a hundred years of boxing televised. Show me one instance as stupid as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

He's nothing only a circus,been found out big time tonite.hammered and that's good riddance to him and he's circus.
    Delighted...............................

• Advertisement

Don't be ****ing daft.

There's close to a hundred years of boxing televised. Show me one instance as stupid as that.

https://youtu.be/P7Jz0HNgoII

That was easy

I didn't see a defending victorious champion assault a civilian and his mates sucker punch the loser. What you posted isn't in the same stratosphere.

I didn't see a defending victorious champion assault a civilian and his mates sucker punch the loser. What you posted isn't in the same stratosphere.

Danis isn't an innocent civilian in this

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

bassy wrote: »
    He's nothing only a circus,been found out big time tonite.hammered and that's good riddance to him and he's circus.

"Found out" seems to be the cliché of the fight, before and after!

What have we learned, really? That not only is McGregor not the best fighter in MMA, he's not the biggest langer either?

khaldrogo wrote:
    3rd sub RNC #Andstill

Nearly right!!!

I actually don't know though. What did he do to deserve it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Ok I'll try...chess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The Khabib lad seems like a humble enough chap too

Oh aye, lovely lad.

• Advertisement

SeaFields wrote: »
    Ok I'll try...chess?

Chessboxing. QED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

bassy wrote: »

Everybody gets found out against Khabib, he's just that good. Doesn't mean Conor isn't a great fightet. Us Irish just aren't cut out for that Sambo sh1t. Khabib is unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Absolutely shocking stuff at the end.
    It's bringing the sport into disrepute. Was that a fight around circled wagons/caravans or an organised sport?

Much as I dislike mcgregor, for once he wasn't the biggest scrote there. Scumbags on the other side.

The only way this makes sense is on the assumption that physical violence is an acceptable way to settle disputes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

nocoverart wrote: »
    Everybody gets found out against Khabib, he's just that good. Doesn't mean Conor isn't a great fightet. Us Irish just aren't cut out for that Sambo sh1t. Khabib is unreal!

just like conor came along and was winning, somebody will be along with an adapted game to counter khabib.
    It happens all the time.

I think conor wasn't as sharp as before , his 2 year layoff and (rumours I know) of his social life probably have caused him to lose some of his sharpness.
    Going straight back into a title fight against that quality of an opponent was a huge mistake.

Conor has no common sense in that regard , seen before fighting Diaz at 170lb. IMO he was lucky to win the 2nd Diaz fight but he seems to have an irrational self belief which I think is his undoing.

Suppose all those millions in the bank probably make my points invalid though.

The only way this makes sense is on the assumption that physical violence is an acceptable way to settle disputes.
    That's the kayfabe, isn't it? We've had at least one criminal offence committed in the run-up. (Likely more like 12, but there was a bulk discount made available.) And pre-fight trash-talk that would get you arrested if you were heard yelling it in a pub carpark.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    Absolutely shocking stuff at the end.
    It's bringing the sport into disrepute
    Wouldn't it have had to have been brought into repute first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

It was just so disappointing to see Conor beaten like that, I wish six of them attacked him instead of just three.

He’s been shooting his mouth off for far too long and he’s got away with far too much ****. Didn’t watch the fight, I’ve more sense than that, I just caught the headlines on the independent and watched the videos online. A great start to a Sunday morning seeing that **** get destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good news to wake up to. Khabib was the hero we needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

FAO Dublin, keep an eye out for any Russian tourists looking for Cathedrals.

Everything that happened needed to happen. Conor has acted like a gangster for too long. Khabib just showed him what a real gangster is. He's been shown up for what he is both in and out of the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Delighted he lost, might shut him up for a while.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement