Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Everything that happened needed to happen. Conor has acted like a gangster for too long. Khabib just showed him what a real gangster is. He's been shown up for what he is both in and out of the ring.

Hmm.. The real gangster is the one who jumps into a crowd like a pyscho, and whose team attacks a man from behind?

Conor isn't pressing charges against the people who attacked him. Seems pretty gangster to me? If that's the word you want to continue to use.

You honestly have to be a bit dumb to see anything hardman about Khabib did. He looked like an angry retard, and then explains it away by saying that if you insult my religion, expect violence. Maybe less gangster and more fanatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

A sport for knackbags and wannabe thugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Can't stand McGregor and was hoping he'd lose but ganging up and attacking a beaten fighter seconds after a fight is low.

****ty behaviour from Khabib's team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Load of silly carry on setting a great sport back. The pair of them are eejits. For all Khabib's talk about being humble he's as bad as the other fella and his team are cowardly scumbags attacking a man who has just fought from behind. I don't mind a bit of trash talk and the like, but this whole lot was a disgrace and it's bad for combat sports across the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is that the end of McGregor then? Is he a bit of a busted flush now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Collie D wrote: »
    Can't stand McGregor and was hoping he'd lose but ganging up and attacking a beaten fighter seconds after a fight is low.

****ty behaviour from Khabib's team.

Aye McGregors never done any low shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

Hmm.. The real gangster is the one who jumps into a crowd like a pyscho, and whose team attacks a man from behind?

Conor isn't pressing charges against the people who attacked him. Seems pretty gangster to me? If that's the word you want to continue to use.

You honestly have to be a bit dumb to see anything hardman about Khabib did. He looked like an angry retard, and then explains it away by saying that if you insult my religion, expect violence. Maybe less gangster and more fanatic.

Real gangsters attack buses with 40 lads surrounding him. Watch the footage. Mcgregor isn't innocent here either, he tried to climb over the cage, got pulled back, swung on Khabibs number 2 which led to Khabibs lads jumping in. Don't agree with the lad in red sucker punching but let's be fair. It's not a one way street here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Just saw a video of the crowd after leaving the arena. Everyone just hanging around and this overweight Irish youngfella decided to wander over in front of a group of lads and start sticking his fingers up at them and starts mouthing. Someone gave him a kick and told him to stop, Irish fella then spits in the face of another guy and then the Irish fella gets knocked out with a box.

This is the kind of behaviour McGregor promotes with all his carry on. The trash talk and the whole “Irish take care of business” bollocks. That clown in the video could have been seriously hurt because he hopped his head off of the concrete as he hit the ground. It was entirely his fault though and I’m sure he’ll learn to keep his fat gob shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Motivator wrote: »
    Just saw a video of the crowd after leaving the arena. Everyone just hanging around and this overweight Irish youngfella decided to wander over in front of a group of lads and start sticking his fingers up at them and starts mouthing. Someone gave him a kick and told him to stop, Irish fella then spits in the face of another guy and then the Irish fella gets knocked out with a box.

This is the kind of behaviour McGregor promotes with all his carry on. The trash talk and the whole “Irish take care of business” bollocks. That clown in the video could have been seriously hurt because he hopped his head off of the concrete as he hit the ground. It was entirely his fault though and I’m sure he’ll learn to keep his fat gob shut.

Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Oh aye, lovely lad.

Even though I found this funny, I'd actually stick by what I said.

In the lead up to the fight he was nothing less than respectful in how he handled himself and the provocations of McGregor and his non stop insults to his family, his religion and his country.
    Was bordering on racism at times, but I suppose that's all grand for some fans coz "he was just trying to get under his skin"

What Khabib did was bad sure, but it seems to have been a moment of madness after weeks of composure, and fresh off the adrenaline of having finally gotten to shut McGregor up.
    You'd think McGregors team would have known it was good time to shut up and sit down, but no, gotta keep mouthing off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

You have to be a bit dumb to not recognize that Conor has being trying to project a ganster attitude by doing what he wants like attacking the bus and talking shiiite about his opponents and their personal life.
    Khabib has shown him how to do it properly. I don't condone any of it but Conor needed to be shown how tame he really is. Like a child that never sees any real repercussions of their bad behavior, Conor needed a good beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well CmcG went too far with the insults up to the fight, thought he was a gangster.

Well everyone thinks they're a gangster until its time to do gangster shit.

That aside, I enjoyed the fight. Fantastic display of wrestling, pressure, pressure, pressure all the way. Left Conor looking like road kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good news to wake up to. Khabib was the hero we needed.

Hero's don't spit on downed opponents.

https://twitter.com/Brad_MMA/status/1048840487384375296

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

He took his gum shield out a few seconds later and threw them away. He's definitely a hero if he's able to spit with a gum shield in his mouth.

khaldrogo wrote: »
    You have to be a bit dumb to not recognize that Conor has being trying to project a ganster attitude by doing what he wants like attacking the bus and talking shiiite about his opponents and their personal life.
    Khabib has shown him how to do it properly. I don't condone any of it but Conor needed to be shown how tame he really is. Like a child that never sees any real repercussions of their bad behavior, Conor needed a good beating.

The gangster attitude is what makes the money. He's a showman and the richest for a reason.

And anyways, a beating? The fight before had a beating. McGregor got totally outgrappled and had to submit. He probably gets hurt more in regular training.

Khabib didn't show McGregor anything except how to win a fight and then act like a disgrace. Muppets defended Serena Williams in the name of feminism and muppets are now defending Khabib in the name of anti-McGregorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Doesn't. Watched a number of times frame by frame.
    Gesture of the head towards him, around the ref to taunt.

I preferred the pre-ninja edit version of video you posted though where you could clearly see McGregor attempting to jump over and deciding to lash out at one of Khabib's team before being set upon by anyone. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The gangster attitude is what makes the money. He's a showman and the richest for a reason.

And anyways, a beating? The fight before had a beating. McGregor got totally outgrappled and had to submit. He probably gets hurt more in regular training.

Khabib didn't show McGregor anything except how to win a fight and then act like a disgrace. Muppets defended Serena Williams in the name of feminism and muppets are now defending Khabib in the name of anti-McGregorism.

McGregor got his ass handed to him,talked the talk but could not walk the walk,

The talk made him millions more, but sure yeah, he's just an idiot mouthing off. Enjoy work tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

scumbags be scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

He's all talk, delighted he lost. Excellent news to wake up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The talk made him millions more, but sure yeah, he's just an idiot mouthing off. Enjoy work tomorrow.

I'm off tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

FTA69 wrote: »
    The pair of them are eejits. For all Khabib's talk about being humble he's as bad as the other fella and his team are cowardly scumbags attacking a man who has just fought from behind

https://twitter.com/RamGilboa/status/1048808154111336448

Conor threw the first punch... As usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Mcgregor, Kabib and the ufc. A dirty scummy entity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Khabib didn't show McGregor anything except how to win a fight and then act like a disgrace.

Fairly sure McGregor already knew how to do both of those!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Pretty big indictment of his sport if that is what is required to make a name for yourself in it and get people to watch.

Is it not possible to be a big success in UFC without acting like a scumbag.

Pretty much every other sport in the world can stand on it's own two feet a a sport without needed a pantomime attached to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Pretty big indictment of his sport if that is what is required to make a name for yourself in it and get people to watch.

Pretty much every other sport in the world can stand on it's own two feet a a sport without needed a pantomime attached to it.

Ufc needs to portray itself like this. It mainly attracts a "niche" coke head following. Id say with Mcgregor finished it will die out in Ireland.

How long will it take mgregor to blow his money?

What fight did you watch? He got a hiding. He even got dropped while striking on the feet. Khabib mauled him and made him tap before he either choked him unconscious or broke his jaw. All Khabib did was try to put some manners on Dillon Danis, he's not the first and he won't be the last. Danis is pond life.

https://twitter.com/RamGilboa/status/1048808154111336448

Conor threw the first punch... As usual.

Seemed to me he saw Khabib launch himself at his team, he started climbing the cage and was met with one of the Russians climbing up the other side and threw a slap. I'm not a fan of Conor really, but I can see why that happened. And then your man in the red capped it all off.

What fight did you watch? He got a hiding. He even got dropped while striking on the feet. Khabib mauled him and made him tap before he either choked him unconscious or broke his jaw. All Khabib did was try to put some manners on Dillon Danis, he's not the first and he won't be the last. Danis is pond life.

Why is Danis such a slag I'm not familiar with them all.

Why is Danis such a slag I'm not familiar with them all.

Put it this way, if Marcelo Garcia kicks you out of his Gym after you've been there since you were a kid, you're a dickhead.

Danis is a piece of ****.

Conor and his goons spent 2 weeks threatening Khabib's family saying stupid **** like "they won't be able to sleep at night, this is never over". Danis just saw his cash cow get the ****e beat out him and decided rather than shutting his mouth he'd just carry on being himself and talk **** to a man who could literally murder him if he got his hands on him after all of this.

• Advertisement

I'm not defending anyone. Muppets think I'm defending Khabib. By beating I felt it was clear I meant in the general sense given the fight we witnessed. Only dumb people wouldn't realize what I meant.

All this dumb muppet is saying is that Conor was out played from the beginning of this circus to the end last night. I think he needa to rethink his shtick

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Haha proper fanboy ****! McGregor is an idiot, he deserved everything he got last night except the money because he's a scumbag. Enjoy work tomorrow yourself, or you chasing the dream like Conor was on the dole hoping for your big break?

Just watched the fight there, he got f*ckin mullered. After he got dropped and tackled you could nearly see it on his face that he was in a bit too deep. He doesn't look the same fighter at all, less snap and spite in his punches and there was almost a lethargy to him in my eyes.

Just watched the fight there, he got f*ckin mullered. After he got dropped and tackled you could nearly see it on his face that he was in a bit too deep. He doesn't look the same fighter at all, less snap and spite in his punches and there was almost a lethargy to him in my eyes.

When he lost the first takedown he seemed to know it was a one way ticket to a hiding.

Daniel Cormier

FTA69 wrote:

Too much coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Delighted the s****ag was humiliated and took one hell of a beating.its not a sport and shouldn't be allowed in this country.sick and tired of watching this lads antics being paraded around like he's some kind of sporting role model.good riddance to trash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Delighted the s****ag was humiliated and took one hell of a beating.its not a sport and shouldn't be allowed in this country.sick and tired of watching this lads antics being paraded around like he's some kind of sporting role model.good riddance to trash

Sport

noun

1. an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

He's a showman, he's made millions from his bravado act. A lot of his followers are scumbags but no more than certain supporters of soccer teams, rugby teams etc.
    He saw the opportunity, took it and was the main man for a time. He wont pay too any heed to begrudgers

It is a sport. You don't know what you're talking about and you've clearly never been in a combat sports gym in your life.

This whole po-faced condescending bullsh*t has been directed toward boxing/MMA etc etc for decades and it was rubbish then and it's rubbish now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Absolutely thrilled that McGregor got knocked out and shown up for the toerag that he is. He is a disgrace to the country and hopefully now him and his scummy entourage will fcuk off into obscurity. He met his match lastnight, now all that's ahead of him is interviews with RSVP with Dee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Boxing is a sport and at least has a bit of honour attracted to it.this other ****e is not.choking,elbows to the head on th street would be common assault.the sooner this bandwagon dies off the better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Aww, you really love Conor. He's very, very wealthy and that makes you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

It is always some laugh reading comments from people who claim MMA should not be a sport because it's just ugly violence and immoral. It is often the same people who watch every minute, study videos and dig up quotes to build narratives and come to threads like this to have a go.

McGregor was beaten soundly in the end. Khabib is a phenomenal wrestler. I used to hold McGregor in high regard but the pair of them have displayed inexcusable behaviour and if I'm honest with myself, I can't deny that he is a twat. But it takes a lifetime of practice and sacrifice to get where they are, not to mention a load of courage to climb into a cage with the door locked behind you. I could never do it.

Great sport, great skill and incredible athleticism on display. I'm looking forward to the next event.
    Meanwhile the naysayers will doubtless be returning to the moral high ground of virtuous sports like soccer and boxing - or the ultimate moral high ground - the League of Ireland.

Boxing is a sport and at least has a bit of honour attracted to it.this other ****e is not.choking,elbows to the head on th street would be common assault.the sooner this bandwagon dies off the better

Chokes and submissions are common in wrestling and grappling sports like Judo etc etc. Elbows etc and other strikes are common in kickboxing and its variants. Martial arts have been around for centuries. They're not to everyone's tastes and that's fair enough but this whole "you're a thug is you do MMA" schtick is as old as the hills and it's a load of pearl clutching bollix.

There's no more honour in boxing than MMA, they're both great sports but the former is actually a lot more dangerous because you're getting your head leathered repeatedly. I know, I was at it long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

Silly comment. It implies that what matters most to McGregor is money, not regaining his belt or re-establishing himself as the best. That's a far more insulting thing to say about a sportsperson than saying they couldn't 'walk the walk'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You’re right they don’t.

You lads are really stretching on this one.

Anyone else think it's time for Conor to do a Rhonda?

What would his WWE name be? The Notorious Tapper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Chokes and submissions are common in wrestling and grappling sports like Judo etc etc. Elbows etc and other strikes are common in kickboxing and its variants. Martial arts have been around for centuries. They're not to everyone's tastes and that's fair enough but this whole "you're a thug is you do MMA" schtick is as old as the hills and it's a load of pearl clutching bollix.

There's no more honour in boxing than MMA, they're both great sports but the former is actually a lot more dangerous because you're getting your head leathered repeatedly. I know, I was at it long enough.

+1. People seem to be ignorant to the fact that MMA was being practiced in Ireland long before Conor came to prominence and it'll be practiced long after he hangs up the gloves. All that'll happen is the bandwagoners will hopefully fcuk off and take their crap elsewhere.

MMA is a great sport but it has been hijacked to a certain extent in the last few years by knick knacks and clowns which is reallly painting it in a negative light IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Silly comment. It implies that what matters most to McGregor is money, not regaining his belt or re-establishing himself as the best. That's a far more insulting thing to say about a sportsperson than saying they couldn't 'walk the walk'.

But that's all that matter to him, more and more cash so he can flaunt million quid birthday parties, cruising down the strip in Vegas with a crowd of yes men stroking his ego, he loves all that, all the attention and his devotion to his skill took a backseat. Now he has been beaten and beaten good, and I personally am thrilled to see him fall flat on his face. He should have been kicked out of USA after his antics earlier this year anyway, total scumbag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement