Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

He was beaten and beaten badly last night.
    I don't think he cares enough anymore tbh, he's made his brand and his millions. Probably off to WWE next. To be honest I think he always acted like he was in WWE anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Funny how some seem to take this Vegas circus act Dana White puts on so seriously.

Sport my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

boggerman1 wrote: »
    elbows to the head on th street would be common assault.

You're creating an artificial distinction for yourself based on what you find palatable and what social convention has told you is acceptable. You think there's a degree of 'honour' involved in punching someone in the face, yet choke-holds, of the type which you'll see in Olympic wrestling, are nothing more than 'common assault'. Keep locking yourself away in your comfortable constructs where everything makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ELM327 wrote: »
    He was beaten and beaten badly last night.
    I don't think he cares enough anymore tbh, he's made his brand and his millions. Probably off to WWE next. To be honest I think he always acted like he was in WWE anyway!

He is using WWE Attitude era heel promos mixed with some Muhammad Ali.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

But that's all that matter to him, more and more cash so he can flaunt million quid birthday parties, cruising down the strip in Vegas with a crowd of yes men stroking his ego, he loves all that, all the attention and his devotion to his skill took a backseat. Now he has been beaten and beaten good, and I personally am thrilled to see him fall flat on his face. He should have been kicked out of USA after his antics earlier this year anyway, total scumbag.

You misunderstood me. I was replying to a contributor why was writing-off McGregor's defeat as some sort of success because he made money. Defending a sportsperson by saying "well at least he made millions" is actually quite insulting. I don't disagree with your above analysis, btw. But that wasn't what that previous exchange was about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There will be a few sore noses around Vegas this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Silly comment. It implies that what matters most to McGregor is money

It’s all he ever talks about tbf..

He’s classic new money.. all fur coat and no knickers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

WWF style antics to keep the gob****es hooked

No doubt a “grudge” rematch already planned.

Boring bollixology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Boxing is a sport and at least has a bit of honour attracted to it.this other ****e is not.choking,elbows to the head on th street would be common assault.the sooner this bandwagon dies off the better

You are correct about one thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

I’d say they are still at it. Only 2am over there now. I’d say the brazzers are doing great business tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Man that Irish guy in the lobby hit the deck pretty hard

I’d say they are still at it. Only 2am over there now. I’d say the brazzers are doing great business tonight.

All the big mommas making money like never before from the Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Our lads wouldn't be doin the dirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Boxing is a sport and at least has a bit of honour attracted to it.this other ****e is not.choking,elbows to the head on th street would be common assault.the sooner this bandwagon dies off the better

Pssst boxing someone on the street is common assault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Man that Irish guy in the lobby hit the deck pretty hard

Anyone got a clip of this?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Might be the start of a decline or even the end for McGregor in UFC.

But one thing that's indisputable is that he's got great heart. He showed that against Diaz and showed it again last night - how he survived those haymakers from Khabib in round 2...and then went on to win round 3 :eek: !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anyone got a clip of this?.

On a phone so not sure if this link will work, but balls.ie have it up on their Facebook page.

https://www.balls.ie/newsnow/rapper-films-irish-fan-taking-brutal-punch-arena-melee-khabib-fans-398282

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Our lads wouldn't be doin the dirt!

Scuttered Aul lads from ballintubber and hackballscross getting their first Vegas hoors

Pat shortt to star in the movie version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A pretty grim spectacle, all things considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

khaldrogo wrote:
    Let's revisit this in a few months and see what's what. Russians are tough fcukers. Even an untrained one is dangerous. They are like travellers, they don't give up. Conor does. Conor has him all day on the feet but when it goes to the ground he's done. Khabib won't care about putting on a show and going punch for punch with Conor. He will get it to the ground as early as possible and maul Conor like a little girl.

khaldrogo wrote:
    Conor was well controlled by Chad on the mat and Khabib has a weight and skill advantage over Chad.

I think Chad would beat Khabib, I think he is a better wrestler and a better striker but it would be hard to call.

Khabib has not fought enough top fighters yet..... I think he will look ordinary against Conor.

Ill leave this here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

On a phone so not sure if this link will work, but balls.ie have it up on their Facebook page.

https://www.balls.ie/newsnow/rapper-films-irish-fan-taking-brutal-punch-arena-melee-khabib-fans-398282

The state of that fella that got knocked out. Embarrassing for the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pac1Man wrote: »

Cheers lads.. That was funny lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A great day for Balls, from picking through the thrash of Conor McGregor’s tweet to picking through this thrash now, they’ll milk it for all it’s worth.

Hope the lad is ok though, but that looked like the difference between a guy throwing a drunk punch and a guy throwing a proper punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

That knacker deserved to get knocked out, acting the hard man then spitting on someone, a good cross cut on some of the degenerates hanging around Vegas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

razorblunt wrote: »
    Hope the lad is ok though, but that looked like the difference between a guy throwing a drunk punch and a guy throwing a proper punch.

Looks like that Russian has some MMA in him - a few kicks prior to the knockout punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,547 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Cheers lads.. That was funny lol

That'll learn 'em. :pac:

Cunts like that make events or nights out dangerous for everyone else. No harm to see them actually finding trouble when they go looking for it. At least he got tagged himself rather than some other poor harmless fucker as what often happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Ardent wrote:
    Looks like that Russian has some MMA in him - a few kicks prior to the knockout punch.

He'd probably beat Conor too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hopefully that is the end of mma thinking it is mainstream.

Fans and McGregor a total disgrace.

Not sure how 1/2 of then even get into states.
    McGregor included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Hopefully that is the end of mma thinking it is mainstream.

Fans and McGregor a total disgrace.

Not sure how 1/2 of then even get into states.
    McGregor included.

Something like this will make UFC far more mainstream because pretty much everyone who isn't a fan will be talking about it.

As saying goes in pro wrestling which is applicable to mma, controversy creates cash.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He was deservedly beaten. So was that spitting knacker.
    Good night all round.

Another 3m for him for the rematch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bagT-qJaXNQ&feature=youtu.be

'Humble' Khabib taunting a homeless fella to do push-ups for money, another scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Something like this will make UFC far more mainstream because pretty much everyone who isn't a fan will be talking about it.

As saying goes controversy creates cash.

Yes but it could eat itself up

Only so much the authorities will take from a crime / public disorder perspective

Licensing and insurance will catch up with it

You almost had a competitor in headline cause a full scale riot in an arena.

Some of the things McGregor said about him we're absolutely outrageous, racist and completely unnacptable

Couldn't crticise the Russian after for his reaction to McGregor, he even slaged off his father .

McGregor has no class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

It's all a show, create controversy just to get people interested and make money. I don't mind that so much. What I don't like is the wannabe McGregors I see around the place, who think their tough men.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There’s few things more embarrassing than seeing some inbred looking scobie with a tricolour around his neck take a box at someone. UFC really seems to attract the very worst of the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 strettyend

im as irish as the next person but mcgregor doesnt represent me. He is a foul mouted knacker who was disgusting at his press conference with his filthy language. what message does that send out to all the young kids watching this? he insulted khabib, his religion, his dad. Delighted he got the head boxed off himself and hopefully we wont have to put up much longer with the obnoxious prick and his rantings much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

The bread and circus mob had their 'fun' last night in Vegas I see. Good to see them get so worked up about stuff that actually matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince McMahon would have been proud of that ending.

The UFC is more WWE than the WWE these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jesus, that's so embarrassing. Lads with beer bellies and big red farmers faces jumping around like they're pro-fighters.

Re: the fight....went about as I expected. Heart had hoped Conor would get a good left hand but I think the head knew he wasn't going to win and was going to get smothered early on.

Don't think there's any shame or embarrassment in the loss to be honest, Nurmagomedov has made mince meat of every other high-level fighter as well.

Next fight will be interesting though.

Vince McMahon would have been proud of that ending.

The UFC is more WWE than the WWE these days.

I was honestly waiting for that breaking glass music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's time for Conor to do a Rhonda?

What would his WWE name be? The Notorious Tapper!

The Notorious T.A.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Too much coke

Not enough

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Delighted to see the scumbag mcgregor been handed his Ars.
    As for the sheep that follow him ....ole ole ole .. Blah blah blah
    He insulted the Russians country / religion / family ....mcgregor got what he reaped !!!
    As the saying goes ..... " empty vessels make most noise "
    McGregor and his sheep (fans) make a lot of noise !!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

FTA69 wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bagT-qJaXNQ&feature=youtu.be

'Humble' Khabib taunting a homeless fella to do push-ups for money, another scumbag.

What a douche bag!

Hopefully now we never hear of the bullsh1t fake “sports entertainment” MMA again.

It’s beyond embarrassing for Ireland that one of the main clowns in the circus is Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Another 3m for him for the rematch.

think you are lowballing his take from the fight

try 40-50 Million depending on PPVs numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

lawred2 wrote: »
    Oh well.

He shouldn’t have carried on the way he did if he wasn’t able to take a punch. The state of him with his crap blue shirt and pasty white arms I’d say he’s sore this morning. Delighted he got put in his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Motivator wrote: »
    He shouldn’t have carried on the way he did if he wasn’t able to take a punch. The state of him with his crap blue shirt and pasty white arms I’d say he’s sore this morning. Delighted he got put in his place.

That's the usual 'hold me back' bravado that these dopes engage in every weekend.. usually with no repercussions. Picked the wrong crowd for his hard man act this time.

Absolute pack of louts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hopefully now we never hear of the bullsh1t fake “sports entertainment” MMA again.

It’s beyond embarrassing for Ireland that one of the main clowns in the circus is Irish.

Fake??? You think MMA is fake?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement