Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

LMAO Dee liked the picture.

Anyway, Dee was (apparently) loyal to McGregor when he had nothing, the true test of a women, now McGregor has everything and now it's his test as a man who has everything to treat her accordingly imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dr Octagon

Conor McGregor. Hooo yeah... McGregor's been ducking the ring ever since his dance off with Mayweather... yeah... and this is Dr Octagon ready to throw down the gauntlet... yeah.

Dr Octagon is the greatest fighter in the history of the ring... yeah... the sky's the limit and space is the place... and I ain't going nowhere... yeah.

The octagon... the boxing ring... yeah... anytime anywhere Dr Octagon is ready for the challenge... yeah... Welcome to the Danger Zone, McGregor.

McGregor won a million dollars but I feel like a million dollars... yeah... man vs man... in the ring... yeahhhh...To all of my love slaves out there: Dr Octagon is ready, in the flesh baby... and nobody does it better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

Dr Octagon wrote: »
    Conor McGregor. Hooo yeah... McGregor's been ducking the ring ever since his dance off with Mayweather... yeah... and this is Dr Octagon ready to throw down the gauntlet... yeah.

Dr Octagon is the greatest fighter in the history of the ring... yeah... the sky's the limit and space is the place... and I ain't going nowhere... yeah.

The octagon... the boxing ring... yeah... anytime anywhere Dr Octagon is ready for the challenge... yeah... Welcome to the Danger Zone, McGregor.

McGregor won a million dollars but I feel like a million dollars... yeah... man vs man... in the ring... yeahhhh...To all of my love slaves out there: Dr Octagon is ready, in the flesh baby... and nobody does it better!

Is it possible to untank a post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dr Octagon

Is it possible to untank a post

Oooh yeah... and I am the tank about to roll over on McGregor... yeah... Dr Octagon is here baby, in the flesh and better than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

And how do you know his missus is a gold digger? How do you know they haven't broken up behind the scenes?

He hasn't just been acting the maggot in the last 2-3 weeks. It's been known for a fair while, yet she was on the late late show with him less than a month ago.

How could anyone in their right mind put up with their other half carrying on like that. If you had seen the whatsapp messages of his mates snapchat vid's floating about, you'd be hard pressed to come to any other conclusion regarding his missus motives for hanging around. Colleen Rooney when nannygate happened springs to mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

She's not really a gold digger in the traditional sense. She was with him when he was nothing, it's her prerogative if she wants to make bank off him

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

What about the new baby mammy from Liverpool trolling him on the gram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Mzo1978 wrote: »
    What about the new baby mammy from Liverpool trolling him on the gram

Whats this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

Seen her trolling him earlier on one of his pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mzo1978 wrote: »
    Seen her trolling him earlier on one of his pictures

Par for the course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He’s really pushing the “scum” persona now. Threw a chair through a bus window and injured a UFC fighter after their press call today allegedly. (Source:Ariel Helwani)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I heard they stripped him of the Lightweight title in the UFC because he hadn't defended it since winning in Nov 2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What would cause the rage?

Ipso wrote: »

...well, that and cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The guy is a complete knackball. And to think some idiots held the guy up as a role model for kids.

Seems all the hype around that UFC shîte is dying down anyway. Good riddance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ipso wrote: »

He didn't take on any challenges to his belt I believe, ergo, they were going to strip it from him tonight/tomorrow.

TBH, and read this carefully, his scumbag fans will probably add that to his legend status. I said his scumbag fans, not all his fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Off the ball reported that
    Nypd have a warrant to arrest Conor
    His flight is grounded
    He may well turn himself in
    UFC are extremely hostile toward him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If people on the bus were injured (it seems they were), then he’s fooked. Court proceedings minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

His interviews are so cringe.. He tries to come across as someone who's a verbal judo wizard and ends up sounding like an idiot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Between the people who have always hated him, and the people who will defend him through anything, this should be fun :P

• Advertisement

2 Scoops wrote: »
    His interviews are so cringe.. He tries to come across as someone who's a verbal judo wizard and ends up sounding like an idiot.

He’s as thick as two short planks.

Kiith wrote: »
    Between the people who have always hated him, and the people who will defend him through anything, this should be fun :P

Side A is growing, side B is shrinking. Have only seen 1 person defend him about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

A low IQ thug drunk on the adolation of his fan base of angry frustrated young men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I remember the days when any criticism of his behaviour was met with "it's all an act. He's sound in real life." Those folks seem to have gone a bit quiet now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

don't like or loath the guy but the way he carries on in reality vs like the gentleman rogue persona a la LLS.
    I am delighted cameras are everywhere to show him for what he really is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Are the Kinahan hit man squad still after him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

His fans have two lines of defence for him...

"Absolute legend."

and

"Look at all his money though."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Can't buy class as the saying goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I think you need to be Irish to support him at all, to a literal West Brit like me he's like some creature from a different planet entirely. I don't think it's unfair to suggest that he would have failed a marshmallow test at age 6, and maybe 12 and 18 too. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

If he does find himself in an American prison those racist comments could really come back to haunt him. At the very least, a few months in Rikers Island should put some manners on the little scrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Have always had a bit of respect for McGregor and his achievements in his chosen field of sport, never liked some of the snobbery toward him or MMA, despite not being a fan of the sport myself.

But this is ludicrous behavior. The man looks like he's lost the plot.

I wonder if everything is OK in his personal life?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Yes I'm sure his wife and young child are thrilled by his latest escapades

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Yes I'm sure his wife and young child are thrilled by his latest escapades

Maybe he needs a bollocking off the wife then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

If he ends up in Rikers Island he’ll get bummed half to death by some big black lad. He’s got a bit of a lip on him.

If he ends up in Rikers Island he’ll get bummed half to death by some big black lad. He’s got a bit of a lip on him.

They say getting bummed to death is the worst way to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I remember the days when any criticism of his behaviour was met with "it's all an act. He's sound in real life." Those folks seem to have gone a bit quiet now.

As with the protestation that it was just genius marketing from an astute proletarian superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well he is a knackbag so this sort of carry on is to be expected no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Its clear he has fighting ability, not into the MMA stuff myself but in any sport a great champion held a great title defence.

As soon as the yanks get sick of him they will eat him alive. Millon dollar court case vs celebrity how many times have we seen this.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Mavobravo

Have always had a bit of respect for McGregor and his achievements in his chosen field of sport, never liked some of the snobbery toward him or MMA, despite not being a fan of the sport myself.

But this is ludicrous behavior. The man looks like he's lost the plot.

He did this because Khabib and his crew ganged up on Artem Lobov on Tuesday, this obviously angered him and I can understand why. Travelling to another contintent with your gang to trash a bus is ridiculous though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Looks like he picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Will ye stop. Tís all headlines the man's out to make as much money he can for himself, while he can. The same as the rest of us. Away with the usual begrudging ****e

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Will ye stop. Tall headlines the mis out to make as much money he can for himself, while he can. The same as the rest of us. Away with the usual begrudging ****e

I hate when I act like an absolute scumbag and people begrudge me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I hate when I act like an absolute scumbag and people begrudge me.

He makes people like you think he acts like a scumbag for headlines and makes money from it.

A lot more clever than you realise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Maybe he needs a bollocking off the wife then.

She was there in the video if I'm correct

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Los Lobos wrote: »
    He makes people like you think he acts like a scumbag for headlines and makes money from it.

A lot more clever than you realise

This wasn't very clever at all, good chance it could remove any future earning potential from UFC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement