Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I remember the days when any criticism of his behaviour was met with "it's all an act. He's sound in real life." Those folks seem to have gone a bit quiet now.

I met him through a friend before he was famous and he was sound. Bit of a cheeky chap but sound. Looks like the money and fame has gone to his head. He'll do time for that, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Los Lobos wrote: »
    He makes people like you think he acts like a scumbag for headlines and makes money from it.

A lot more clever than you realise

Delusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Amirani wrote: »
    This wasn't very clever at all, good chance it could remove any future earning potential from UFC.

Or they're loving the attention they're getting, again because of Mr MacGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

He makes people like you think he acts like a scumbag for headlines and makes money from it.

There’s a frog in my garden pond with more intelligence than McGregor.

How will today’s incident make him money? You’ll have to explain your line of thinking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Or they're loving the attention they're getting, again because of Mr MacGregor

Maybe they are, but there's nothing they can do if he gets prosecuted because of today and is refused permission to re-enter the US in future.

• Advertisement

Yes I'm sure his wife and young child are thrilled by his latest escapades

he's not married.
    plus she's only 1 of 3 women with a McGregor baby apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

xtal191 wrote: »

Comment section on there is something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Maybe he needs a bollocking off the wife then.

Yes, I'm sure that will stop him acting like a scumbag.

How will today’s incident make him money? You’ll have to explain your line of thinking.

That must be a rich frog, frogger mcriddip I call him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Amirani wrote: »
    Maybe they are, but there's nothing they can do if he gets prosecuted because of today and is refused permission to re-enter the US in future.

Bang on. Immigration will just fcuk him off. They don’t give a **** who you are. The President of the day had to pull major strokes to get Gerry Adams in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Hmm. I wonder did CmG get any ideas from the previous incident in a pub in Dublin. Bit of publicity...

Hmm. I wonder did CmG get any ideas from the previous incident in a pub in Dublin. Bit of publicity...

I’d say he’s off his tits on the devil’s dandruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure that will stop him acting like a scumbag.

Worth a shot sure.

I reckon it's happening as we speak.

I agree with an earlier poster, looks like the money and fame has gone to his head.

I’d say he’s off his tits on the devil’s dandruff.

I'd say your use of double meanings is wearing thin, but it works for you. Each to their own trick, eh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Time to add him to the list of idiots we would prefer not to come back to Ireland permanently

Bono, Brian McFadden, Bob Geldof , Bertie Ahern

All the b's. B is also for bollox.

McGregor is a bollox

I'd say your use of double meanings is wearing thin, but it works for you. Each to their own trick, eh

You still haven’t explained how fûcking a barrier at a bus is good for his future money making opportunities? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I think Conor's only fights from now on will be in a court of law.

https://twitter.com/MMA_Experts/status/981981381558325248

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ah...a deviously cunning plan...I think Baldrick could have done it better:)

You still haven’t explained how fûcking a barrier at a bus is good for his future money making opportunities? :confused:

We'll have to wait and see, I guarantee you he won't lose money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

Khabib Nurmagomedov and his team surrounded Artem Lobov (Good friend of Conor McGregor) 2 days ago and Khabib slapped Artem. Conor flew 30 people from Ireland to New York and attacked Khabib's bus.

From twitter, where McGregor is being praised for being such a loyal friend, flying from Ireland to NY

Conor is a Irish legend.

Diana couldn't have bought this publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A low IQ thug drunk on the adolation of his fan base of angry frustrated young men.

Why is that description always trotted out when anything to do with UFC or MMA comes up? Frustrated at what? Angry at what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Easy....Conor v Khabib in Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why is that description always trotted out when anything to do with UFC or MMA comes up? Frustrated at what? Angry at what?

Not sure. I don't think they even know themselves to be honest.

Khabib Nurmagomedov and his team surrounded Artem Lobov (Good friend of Conor McGregor) 2 days ago and Khabib slapped Artem. Conor flew 30 people from Ireland to New York and attacked Khabib's bus.

From twitter, where McGregor is being praised for being such a loyal friend, flying from Ireland to NY

Conor is a Irish legend.

Nate Diaz the man who beat Conor said this on Twitter.....
    He shouldn't have been trying to punk his boy when he was alone, like a bully. Then he expects not to get rolled on fukn rookie..
    And then stay on the bus
    haha u guys got punked ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Coked up retard with impulse control problems is just as accurate

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Coked up retard with impulse control problems is just as accurate

Not talking about McGregor. I think he's a thick. I'm saying anytime UFC or MMA is brought up there's always someone who'll describe fans of it as angry frustrated young men. Just wondering why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

On Tv3 after the break.

Conor is a Irish legend.

Wrong.
    McGregor was already in Ny.
    Artem lobov was having a go at khabib during the press conference and brought this on himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Everything about him annoys me. I used to despise him, but now I grudgingly respect him for the sheer effort he must put into annoying the likes of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Who cares..honestly?!

Everything about him annoys me. I used to despise him, but now I grudgingly respect him for the sheer effort he must put into annoying the likes of me.

Id say it takes fcuk all in fairness...dodgy parked car would set ya off :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Autochange wrote: »
    Wrong.
    Artem lobov was having a go at khabib during the press conference and brought this on himself.

I didn't see Khabib acting like a thug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Was wondering when this derpy post would make its appearance. And you managed to mention begrudgery too before that.

Yes, Los Lobos, yes, everyone’s just jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Did you not see the video from the other day? With his crew??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Did I see Charlie Ward in the video ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think the adulation of sports stars in this country is utterly stupid, hysterical and absurd, not that that is a unique characteristic of Ireland but we we must be one of the worst.

I am sick to fooking death of hearing the surnames of sports ppl mentioned every single day morning till night week in week out, month in month out, year in year out, injured or fit, retired or promoted, emerging star or retired. It's just so sad that so many people don't seem to do anything else in their lives than follow sport, especially sports controversies, which are never-ending ,tedious and ultimately pointless, plonked in front of the television set.

For me it really says something about the dreary mundane inconsequential lives most working ppl lead that would leave them feeling they have nowhere to go than get involved in all this childish, tribalistic, hero-worshiping money making racket, where for most their interest in it has nothing particularly to do with the love of a particular sport per se but rather as an opportunity to prove their masculinity, display their expert analysis skills about somethings which is actually quite low brow, and in turn bathe in the satisfaction of approval they perceive to receive from their peers. Just like those guys that pelted missiles at that coach the other day : )

As for McGregor I couldn't care less whether he's an angel or a deamon, I would just like it if ppl would shut the fook up about him, if only for just 5 fookin minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

deco nate wrote: »
    Did you not see the video from the other day? With his crew??

Didn't see him destroying any property

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think the adulation of sports stars in this country is utterly stupid, hysterical and absurd

Any court case in rural Ireland.

''Ah he's a good GAA man''. So fcuking what?!

Neither did I. I said lobov had a go at khabib during the press conference. Lobov started the whole thing

Didn't see him destroying any property

So just a gang up is OK, but budda forbid a window gets broken... OK. (no one got hurt)
    Tbh, I find this whole thing strange. Its going down the road of a new twist on wrestling grudges....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great role model, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

People like to trounce on sports they haven't a liking for and a negative story breaking about someone competing in such is an ideal time to push their underlying hate to the forefront for the occasion :D

Neither did I. I said lobov had a go at khabib during the press conference. Lobov started the whole thing

Wrong....Khabib slapped Lobov backstage while he had his crew and Lobov had none.
    Conor came and backed his pal.
    Not saying it's right but that's what happened.

Wrong.

How long was McGregor in NY before this incident?
    What's McGregor private jet number?

There's no warrent out for him NYPD would like to speak to him alright

News just in McGregor has just bought the bus :)!

Videos afterwards, posted online.

deco nate wrote: »
    So just a gang up is OK, but budda forbid a window gets broken... OK. (no one got hurt)
    Tbh, I find this whole thing strange. Its going down the road of a new twist on wrestling grudges....

It's like WWE on steroids or coke lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Lol folks complaining that MacGregor is not a good roll model. He never claim he was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Both the best and worst that can be said is that the video looks like 90s WWE pantomime.

What a classless clown he has recently revealed himself to be. It just goes to show, sycophants create monsters.

News just in McGregor has just bought the bus :)!

Did he really?
    Lol

Did he really?
    Lol

NO! Sorry I got abit carried away there :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement