Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Wrong....Khabib slapped Lobov backstage while he had his crew and Lobov had none.
    Conor came and backed his pal.
    Not saying it's right but that's what happened.

Yes. After the press conference where lobov had a go at khabib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Did he really?
    Lol

Yes, he got a good price for damaged goods,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Wrong....Khabib slapped Lobov backstage while he had his crew and Lobov had none.

I’ve seen this a few times. I’ve seen the video three times now. Didn’t see any slap.

Autochange wrote: »

How many against one person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

NO! Sorry I got abit carried away there :)

Would have been the cherry on top hahaha

Some bad words....aw boo hoo.. I'm case you didn't notice they're all at that carry on...less ganging up on one man backstage without his crew though

deco nate wrote: »
    How many against one person?

About 8 v 3 .
    The rough translation going around is that khabib basically warned him not to bad mouth him again. Then gave him a tap on the back of the head.

I’ve seen this a few times. I’ve seen the video three times now. Didn’t see any slap.

The video where Khabib has his hand on Artems neck at the start?
    He slapped him with the other hand...ill agree it's debatable between me and you but not to Conor and his buddies it isn't.

Would you take on 8 people? We only saw a bit of the video, after it started recording. Looks like something happened before the recording that led them all to surround him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

YFlyer wrote: »
    Lol folks complaining that MacGregor is not a good roll model. He never claim he was

Cmon now....who didn't have their 6 yr olds up at 5 in the am watching Conor beat someone to a bloody pulp??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

He didn't back him. He just embarrassed himself. I can understand backing your friend though, if you felt aggrieved. Fair enough, that happens, these guys don't back down from confrontation That's fine. This is life. But make no mistake, this was nothing to do with something you can respect or understand as it's backing up a friend. No buddy. This was just pure embarrassing handbags stuff. If they have shown anything it's that they've shown they are a bunch of clowns.

Would you take on 8 people? We only saw a bit of the video, after it started recording. Looks like something happened before the recording that led them all to surround him.

Did Artem “take on” 8 people? Or were they standing there talking to him?

Some bad words....aw boo hoo.. I'm case you didn't notice they're all at that carry on...less ganging up on one man backstage without his crew though

Aw boo hoo!

Having a word is fairly minimal in comparison really isn't it?
    McGregor gets his wish now in avoiding khabib. And Tony Ferguson.

He can go down as the double champ stripped of both belts. Never defended a title.

About 8 v 3 .
    The rough translation going around is that khabib basically warned him not to bad mouth him again. Then gave him a tap on the back of the head.

Some pro he is so, can't handle a bit of banter. So go's for him after the show?
    Bad form on his behalf.

One person talking to one person with lots of onlookers.

• Advertisement

Some pro he is so, can't handle a bit of banter. So go's for him after the show?
    Bad form on his behalf.

Could be worse. Could have thrown a trolley.... You know the rest

myshirt wrote: »
    He didn't back him. He just embarrassed himself. I could understand if he did back him though, if he felt aggrieved, fair enough, that happens, these guys don't back down from confrontation and that's fine. But make no mistake, this was nothing to do with something you can respect or understand as it's a backing up your friend. Nonl buddy. This was just pure embarrassing handbags stuff.

I don't respect it far from it but he did back up his pal Artem....handbag stuff no doubt jist like what happened when Khabib and his cronies ganged up on Artem...once Artem had his lads backing him up thye went causing trouble

Tell me how you would behave if 8 people were surrounding you? Did you read my post, don't be a dick, we only saw what happened after the camera started recording.

Some whataboutry from you

By the way, I do like your post's. Just having a civilised discussion, unlike the MMA fighters:D

Tell me how you would behave if 8 people were surrounding you? Did you read my post, don't be a dick, we only saw what happened after the camera started recording.

Some whataboutry from you

Calls me out on whataboutary, uses what about what we didn’t see of screen as an argument. :slow clap:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I take it the scumbags he brought over will be banned from the US for life. They are not very liberal when it comes to immigration.

As for McGregor ending up in a US prison :pac: The joy would look like a suite in a Ritz Carlton by comparison.

Could be worse. Could have thrown a trolley.... You know the rest

That wasn't a trolley BTW, just so ya know...(yours truly, pedantic Pete:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Cmon now....who didn't have their 6 yr olds up at 5 in the am watching Conor beat someone to a bloody pulp??

:)

I take it the scumbags he brought over will be banned from the US for life. They are not very liberal when it comes to immigration.

As for McGregor ending up in a US prison :pac: The joy would look like a suite in a Ritz Carlton by comparison.

He didn't bring over people, they ready all over there anyway, red top bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He didn't bring over people, they ready all over there anyway, red top bs.

They could be deported then presumably.

That wasn't a trolley BTW, just so ya know...(yours truly, pedantic Pete:D)

What was it?

Calls me out on whataboutary, uses what about what we didn’t see of screen as an argument. :slow clap:

Pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

He’s an idol..to all the scrotes across the land and yonder. Seriously though he could not have been in some sort of accident years ago, impacting his ‘sports’career. Then we would never have to hear from him. He’d be still living in crumlin in the dole that would be great. As for his missus he should buy her elocution lessons.

Yea, that is not showing

• Advertisement

nails1 wrote: »
    He’s an idol..to all the scrotes across the land and yonder. Seriously though he could not have been in some sort of accident years ago, impacting his ‘sports’career. Then we would never have to hear from him. He’d be still living in crumlin in the dole that would be great. As for his missus he should buy her elocution lessons.

That's just pointlessly mean

Wow, attacking his girlfriend. Such a nice person you are not! Your post proves you are a dick, have a go at him. But leave his family out of it, ffs

Good fella....just shown yourself to be above all McGregors scrotish behaviour:rolleyes:

Thank you for that, shows a lot of what happened, being called a pussy calls for him to take offence and gang up and grab him and (with his crew surrounding him) slap him. Why not leave it on the stage.

What was it?

It's a hand truck in the US, a shopping trolley is something from tesco.

Thank you for that, shows a lot of what happened, being called a pussy calls for him to take offence and gang up and grab him and (with his crew surrounding him) slap him. Why not leave it on the stage.

Exactly. Lobov has no business calling anyone a pussy. Especially not khabib. Does he hide behind McGregor?
    Maybe he's learned his lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Khabib confronted Lobov because he talked ****e about him on Russian TV

It's a hand truck in the US, a shopping trolley is something from tesco.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_truck

Trolley is accepted.

Exactly. Lobov has no business calling anyone a pussy. Especially not khabib. Does he hide behind McGregor?
    Maybe he's learned his lesson.
    Wait, were are we going now? Serious question?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

xtal191 wrote: »
    Khabib confronted Lobov because he talked ****e about him on Russian TV

Indeed, but fanboys don't see it that way though :rolleyes:

Wait, were are we going now? Serious question?

You can't really go around running your mouth about someone and then complain when that person calls you out about it. He had words. That was it. Maybe Artem learned his lesson now. He's surely been cut from the UFC and I can't see bellator offering a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

You can't really go around running your mouth about someone and then complain when that person calls you out about it. He had words. That was it. Maybe Artem learned his lesson now. He's surely been cut from the UFC and I can't see bellator offering a contract.

You also can't surround someone for talking waffle with a bunch of posers while he was on his own, McGregor done what he done, and fair play, legend.

Yeah and what...Lobov got a slap for it and Conor stood up for his mate by acting the clown tonight...thats really all there is to it!...handbags!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

razorblunt wrote:
    Looks like he picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

It's not glue he's sniffing

I just find it funny that these hard men are so upset by a few words, seeing as it's the words said that big up the fights. An then go backstage an have a hissy fit/fight over it, considering how much money they're making out of it.

It's really pathetic, don't you think

• Advertisement

Wait, but that is what MMA is about! But if some Fighters are acting like kids. Then they should be put back into kindergarten School.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,115 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I just find it funny that these hard men are so upset by a few words, seeing as it's the words said that big up the fights. An then go backstage an have a hissy fit/fight over it, considering how much money they're making out of it.

And when the fight is over they hug and shake hands and obtain new found respect for one another

PTH2009 wrote: »
    And when the fight is over they hug and shake hands and obtain new found respect for one another
    Ohh, controversial:D

PTH2009 wrote: »

Till the next time lol

From watching kabib I think he is very proud of who he is and where he is from. I watched a documentary on him before and how his dad trained him from a really young age in tough conditions. When someone who isn't fit to lace his boots is calling him a pussy and accusing him of faking injury it probably hurt his pride. He saw Artem , had a word. Artem pissed his pants and he moved on letting him no who is boss.

It's a lot different to smashing up buses with innocent fighters on board who have fights this weekend. If McGregor was so upset about it why not call him out. Ask for a fight. He would have his chance to settle things and make more pov money. His real love

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement