Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Conor McGregor Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

PTH2009 wrote: »
    And when the fight is over they hug and shake hands and obtain new found respect for one another

Not always. There are/ were some fighters who hate each others guts.

Cormier and Jones for example or my personal favourites Ortiz and Shamrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Autochange wrote: »
    From watching kabib I think he is very proud of who he is and where he is from. I watched a documentary on him before and how his dad trained him from a really young age in tough conditions. When someone who isn't fit to lace his boots is calling him a pussy and accusing him of faking injury it probably hurt his pride. He saw Artem , had a word. Artem pissed his pants and he moved on letting him no who is boss.

It's a lot different to smashing up buses with innocent fighters on board who have fights this weekend. If McGregor was so upset about it why not call him out. Ask for a fight. He would have his chance to settle things and make more pov money. His real love
    That is the next big fight, don't believe the bs, MMA is fuelling this hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

From watching kabib I think he is very proud of who he is and where he is from. I watched a documentary on him before and how his dad trained him from a really young age in tough conditions. When someone who isn't fit to lace his boots is calling him a pussy and accusing him of faking injury it probably hurt his pride. He saw Artem , had a word. Artem pissed his pants and he moved on letting him no who is boss.

It's a lot different to smashing up buses with innocent fighters on board who have fights this weekend. If McGregor was so upset about it why not call him out. Ask for a fight. He would have his chance to settle things and make more pov money. His real love

Khabib should have thought about those innocent fighters and got out and faced the crew like Artem had to face Khabibs crew:)

Khabib should have thought about those innocent fighters and got out and faced the crew like Artem had to face Khabibs crew:)

He probably doesn't care about the other fighters. He has a title fight coming up. Eyes on the prize. Let the others outside ruin their careers

He probably doesn't care about the other fighters. He has a title fight coming up. Eyes on the prize. Let the others outside ruin their careers

Conor doesnt either...only cares about his friends....sure he flew from another continent to back him up:)

deco nate wrote: »
    That is the next big fight, don't believe the bs, MMA is fuelling this hype.

I really hope not. The McGregor Mayweather money scam was terrible how people bought into it. This would put me right off the organisation. Back to cage warriors IL go

Conor doesnt either...only cares about his friends....sure he flew from another continent to back him up:)

That will be his downfall. Letting others get him into trouble

I really hope not. The McGregor Mayweather money scam was terrible how people bought into it. This would put me right off the organisation. Back to cage warriors IL go

Off with ya...others will keep watching the UFC because there is plenty more than Mcgregor to watch and we can keep watching the Mcgregor entertainment show in the meantime.

That will be his downfall. Letting others get him into trouble

Youre 100% right
    Edit...only his downfall from being the goat in MMA but id say he has at least one more massive payday because of this.

Off with ya...others will keep watching the UFC because there is plenty more than Mcgregor to watch and we can keep watching the Mcgregor entertainment show in the meantime.

Yes but if the UFC feuds are becoming scripted who says the results aren't either? That's the worry going forward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

This is staged?

See, that's how I feel about this. We are in a new age, so this is how the hype is created. A pound to a penny not one charge will be brought against Connor. All will be dropped. Mark my words...

thierry14 wrote: »
    This is staged?

Yes, IMO

Yes but if the UFC feuds are becoming scripted who says the results aren't either? That's the worry going forward

They own the whole thing...be silly to think things arent being manipulated for maximum profit

See, that's how I feel about this. We are in a new age, so this is how the hype is created. A pound to a penny not one charge will be brought against Connor. All will be dropped. Mark my words...

Money talks I guess. We will have to see how this goes for sure. Anyway rich and famous people generally don't go to jail so he's probably not too worried. I have to sign off for the night

Sorry, but I really think this is the set up, not how the fight turns out. But just the set up, to sell ppv.

IMO, but we will have to wait and see. And if no charges are brought against Connor.

Well then we know for sure, 100%

Tbh, I don't think the outcome is, just all the bs leading up to the fight is, then it's a free for all.
    At least I hope it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I supported Conor McGregor in the past because I believed that for an Irishman to come so far in the MMA/UFC world was a good thing, and in some ways I was willing to look past his pre/post fight antics despite all the criticism... but his actions as of late and especially in New York at the UFC 223 media day have been disgraceful and embarrassing. I won't be supporting him any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Money talks I guess. We will have to see how this goes for sure. Anyway rich and famous people generally don't go to jail so he's probably not too worried. I have to sign off for the night
    Could end up in the slammer tonight though if he's arrested. Might also take a few days before he's arrainged and a judge sets bail. Considering that he is a flight risk bail could be rejected.

Providing that this is all true of course and not a wrestling storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I was a huge fan of McGregor but hurling a steel trolley through a window is scumbag behavior. I hope he gets sued and loses as much money as possible. I have no respect for him after this. If he wanted to he could have just stood in front of the damn bus with his mates and refused to move until Khabib got out.

Anyone who thinks this is a set up needs to rewatch the footage. Not a chance it is.

Ah...Id have fcuked the trolley at the bus too...shouting "get outta the bus ya russian cnut"...sure if that didnt get him out he was only a chicken sh1t anyway:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

I was a huge fan of McGregor but hurling a steel trolley through a window is scumbag behavior. I hope he gets sued and loses as much money as possible. I have no respect for him after this. If he wanted to he could have just stood in front of the damn bus with his mates and refused to move until Khabib got out.

Anyone who thinks this is a set up needs to rewatch the footage. Not a chance it is.

You have to be very naive to think its not set up

He knew exactly where the trolley was

Who thinks on the spot so quickly?

Even the way he ran up to the trolley looks planned and choreographed

Mcgregor is a tiny guy too, surely a bus full of Russians with ufc athletes in it has a few huge heavyweight mofo that would crush Mcgregor

Why didn't someone come out from the bus after him?

:rolleyes:

So fighters are in hospital for the craic are they?

Three fights have been taken off the UFC 223 card because of what happened.

This was not a set up.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/982067365591572480

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Another end result is people are talking and clicking about all things UFC and Conor MacGregor related once again with renewed fervour and somewhere down the line there's dollars to be potentially made out of all these shenanigans.

I think it's far from impossible that there was a bit of "stage management" to the whole thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

So let's see, we have fines, legal expenses, compensation to the other fighters and to the UFC, loss of earnings, all on top of the initial cost of this retarded little escapade. We're probably talking about north of $20M plus the chance of jail time.
    I predicted a trip to bankruptcy court for him on a previous thread but I thought he'd at least make it to 2025 before that happened...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Reminds me of watching wwf, set up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

WAR CONOR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Arrived on a private jet, considerable means, no permanent address in the US - I'd say remand in Rikers Island unless his lawyer can arrange a house for him to stay in with something like a $10M bail bond and the judge finds it acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Arghus wrote: »
    I think it's far from impossible that there was a bit of "stage management" to the whole thing.

The problem with McGregor is that it's hard to separate reality from the staged persona at this stage, if there even is a reality. Almost everything he does is stage-managed and choreographed. He has cleverly manufactured a myth that people have bought into and he has done very well out of it but it's becoming tiresome now.

But at the end of it all he will be a multi-millionaire thanks to all the eejits paying through the nose for subscriptions to his fights, even though no-one cared about UFC before and won't again once McGregor rides off into the sunset. He's a dick but I admire his audacity and almost unparallelled ability to make truck-loads of money out of being a dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Yes, IMO

Don't think so. Hes got himself in so much trouble from potentially getting a criminal conviction in the US to potential lawsuits from the guys on the bus who are presenting themselves to medical centres.

If staged, it was not well thought out at all.

Who thinks on the spot so quickly?

Even the way he ran up to the trolley looks planned and choreographed

Mcgregor is a tiny guy too, surely a bus full of Russians with ufc athletes in it has a few huge heavyweight mofo that would crush Mcgregor

Why didn't someone come out from the bus after him?

Because they are professional athletes who have spent months training for respective fights this weekend. Their careers.

Not everyone is a knacker you know. It's not a gang fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

news reports coming out say Conor's locked up in NYC after going on a violent rampage at the UFC press conference. he picked up a number of heavy metal objects and threw them at a bus containing other fighters, one of the objects broke the bus window which led to one of the fighters getting cut badly on his face/head. it was caught on tape as well.

he's going to get so many charges off of this, is going to be sued by a bunch of people including the UFC, probably deported and banned from the US altogether.

ufc career gone, huge chunks of his money gone, criminal record and most likely a serious drug problem (doubt he was sober and it wasn't budweiser he was on) crazy and sad, but he's so screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

news reports coming out say Conor's locked up in NYC after going on a violent rampage at the UFC press conference. he picked up a number of heavy metal objects and threw them at a bus containing other fighters, one of the objects broke the bus window which led to one of the fighters getting cut badly on his face/head. it was caught on tape as well.

he's going to get so many charges off of this, is going to be sued by a bunch of people including the UFC, probably deported and banned from the US altogether.

ufc career gone, huge chunks of his money gone, criminal record.

I think there's another thread where apparently people give a **** about this kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

I think there's another thread where apparently people give a **** about this kind of stuff.

Sounds like an April fool. But an incident later ke this involving mcgregor wouldn’t surprise me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I take it he's a Liverpool then so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Ruh Roh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Yet you clicked into this thread. Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Back to Clondalkin with him...there's a few fellas waiting to have a little chat I hear when he arrives home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Was it snowing in New York at the time Conor..??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Welcome to yesterday OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Shir he was only having the craic with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

:rolleyes:

So fighters are in hospital for the craic are they?

Three fights have been taken off the UFC 223 card because of what happened.

This was not a set up.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/982067365591572480

How is a twitter link considered backup? ****ing ufc is the WWF.until i see mcgregor in court or the poor house i consider it all staged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

thanks for letting me know, and for not being a pr!ck about it either.

anyway it's definitely not an april fool. just saw the videos, one that was taken from inside the bus you can hear people calling for a medic for the guy who got cut and him saying he doesn't want to touch his face. can also hear some guys possibly from khabib's team (sounds like it from the accents) threatening to kill Conor. on top of all the other problems this will bring him, having those guys pissed at you isn't gonna help, they're rumored to be connected to russian mobsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Has anyone said begrudges yet?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think this was a planned publicity stunt that simply went to far. Conor simply got carried away and became the person he was pretending to be. He surrounds himself with an entourage of hanger oners that encourage this sort of loutish behaviour.

smurgen wrote: »
    How is a twitter link considered backup? ****ing ufc is the WWF.until i see mcgregor in court or the poor house i consider it all staged.

3 fights cancelled from a UFC event. McGregor handed himself into police.
    Are the NYPD in on it also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭no.8

The 'scumbag show' you mean. He has been stripped of 2 belts, the second of which he skipped the queue in order to get a crack at it. He's lost his mind and I hope him and his 'athlete' (e.g. tracksuit wearing) entourage do time / get sued and get fined. You cannot condone this unless you are just like him and his toerag mates there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement