Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-National "Gangs" rioting in Balbriggan

• 01-12-2017 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats going on in Balbriggan ?

Its all over facebook that there are "gangs" of Non-Nationals gone rioting in Balbriggan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Cultural Enrichment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Did they come from the London tube station?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

Pubic celebration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The problem has not been picked up by media, an Irish media even more afraid than BBC of offending minority ethnic and religious groups seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

The problem has not been picked up by media, an Irish media even more afraid than BBC of offending minority ethnic and religious groups seemingly.

Its 1am on a Thursday. Why would Irish media have picked up it, whatever 'it' even is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

The media should report on facebook posts more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

eeguy wrote: »
    Its 1am on a Thursday. Why would Irish media have picked up it, whatever 'it' even is...

There was a well publicised protest in Balbriggan on 29th November with a very decent turnout of locals on this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

"Gangs" are a far-right conspiracy theory. It's nothing but a white nationalist dog whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

"Gangs" are a far-right conspiracy theory. It's nothing but a white nationalist dog whistle.

What Gangs don't exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The Kinahans would like a word...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Its all over facebook that there are "gangs" of Non-Nationals gone rioting in Balbriggan.

How do you know they're non-nationals? Were they wearing traditional ethnic clothing or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

That's facebook for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

How do you know they're non-nationals? Were they wearing traditional ethnic clothing or something?

To be fair, if people are rioting they're usually shouting as well, and it's pretty easy to tell people apart based on accent. For instance, that stag party brawl on Dame St a few years ago was definitively identified as a bunch of English scumbags because they all had English accents while roaring at eachother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

so, is there a riot then or is it more facebook nonsense?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

if people are rioting they're usually shouting as well, and it's pretty easy to tell people apart based on accent.

I'm trying to picture an invasion of foreigners in Balbriggan rioting and... nope.. maybe they were bussed in from abroad?

I'm trying to picture an invasion of foreigners in Balbriggan rioting and... nope.. maybe they were bussed in from abroad?
    Here you go. Picture of foreigners rioting in Balbriggan.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Here you go. Picture of foreigners rioting in Balbriggan.

Haha! :D

I was wondering if 'Love Ulster' were down in Balbriggan or something. I'd hazard a guess that they were locals but some of them have the *cough* wrong *cough* surnames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I was wondering if 'Love Ulster' were down in Balbriggan or something.

we'd really know about it if they were!!

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭kuntboy

Anyone who criticizes them may be a wacist nazi

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Where is Balbriggan?

I cant hear it so carry on.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Anti social behaviour in Balbriggan was talked about on 98FM this week, this is one of the podcasts in link below.

http://www.98fm.com/podcasts/Dublin_Talks/98FMs_Dublin_Talks/63671/

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

98FM show Adrian Kennedy & Jeremy Dixon FB page mentioned that there was a protest in Balbriggan over anti social behaviour in the area, most report aren,t specifying or saying anything more then trouble is caused by youths.

Another report by Dublin Live.ie about a father & son being attacked is not saying anything more then it was done by a gang of youths,

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/father-son-injured-after-attack-13965454

434933.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Balbriggan is a riot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

You take Africans out of Africa, but take the African out of Africans. Europe's civility is the product of tens of thousands of years of evolution in temperate climate zone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

It is part of their culture to behave like animals. They have no business being in this country. Should send them back to Africa or the grave. s****

banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

511 wrote: »
    You take Africans out of Africa, but take the African out of Africans. Europe's civility is the product of tens of thousands of years of evolution in temperate climate zone.

Two world wars including the holocaust.
    The 'temperate climate zone' didn't work.

511 wrote: »
    Which is why the Great War, the Holocaust and the collectivisation famines happened in Africa, and why it was the Africans who so brutally colonised and exploited the rest of the world.

If RTE did bother to pick up on it they would start blaming the issue on "economic inequality" like they did in London when the feral blacks decided they wanted new TVs and shoes a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

It is part of their culture to behave like animals. They have no business being in this country. Should send them back to Africa or the grave. s****

And if you criticise them you'll be called a racist, right?

• Advertisement

Phoebas wrote: »

And if you criticise them you'll be called a racist, right?
    I never wanted them in this country and never will. It is a political project which ordinary Irish people are not allowed to have a say on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

So clever that last bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

If only they could be as classy as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Did an African man steal your lady friend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

If RTE did bother to pick up on it they would start blaming the issue on "economic inequality" like they did in London when the feral blacks decided they wanted new TVs and shoes a few years back.

Admin: User has been sitebanned for the above comments. Opinion is fine, thinly veiled racial slurs and racist diatribes, not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I live in Balbriggan. I have done for a year.

There are most definitely gangs here...... BUT.....

Balbriggan is a HUGE place. I am just on the cusp of dodgeville..... There are many estates where you never get any anti social behaviour.

For instance, in my estate, the most trouble i've had is children playing in my front garden and an annoying dog that won't shup up barking.

The other side of Balbriggan is pretty bad though. Cars burnt out. People getting started on. Stuff stolen out of people's gardens and things. The gangs are definitely a presence. But the place isn't bleedin' Beirut as a whole or anything!

Yes, we have a massive ethnic population. 40:60 i'd say... So it's inevitable that at least some ethnic kids, by the law of numbers will be in these gangs. It's NOT a race issue. The majority of the teenagers in my estate are of ethnic origin and no trouble whatsoever.

The estates where the problems are bad are the typical recent sh1tholes where houses are built in the middle of a field and there's nothing to do. Everyone on top of each other, sandwiched every which way. And that's one of the reasons why there's trouble.

Irish kids integrate really well with Ethnic kids here and it's lovely to see. Our town is beautiful - it has a beach ffs. The guards don't help us here and certainly do absolutely nothing to help anti social behaviour. But the town is not falling apart at the seams. It's not. But in certain areas, it definitely is.

I'm now hearing reports of innocent black kids being stopped by angry locals and being accused of being in gangs. So if these kids weren't angry before, they will be now cos they're being targeted for the colour of their skin. It's not on that adults think they can target innocent children this way. And this is going to give rise to a whole other problem in the town and at a time where we need to come together, not divide against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Ah yes, good to see the racists getting worked up over facebook posts again. It's been a couple of days, I was getting worried.

If anyone is genuinely interested in the latest figures for Balbriggan.

http://census.cso.ie/p7map12/

There were 91 African nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN URBAN (04003) in 2016 compared with 213 in 2011.

There were 470 African nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN RURAL (04002) in 2016 compared with 1,118 in 2011.

and

There were 70 Asian nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN URBAN (04003) in 2016 compared with 77 in 2011.

There were 136 Asian nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN RURAL (04002) in 2016 compared with 192 in 2011.

You can quote those figures as fact to any racist scumbags who try to tell you otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

The guy that I sat next to at school always wrote Thug Life on everything. I wonder if he’s in a gang ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Ipso wrote: »
    The media should report on facebook posts more often.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the media does report on tweets all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What's a non national?
    Are these stateless people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

What's a non national?
    Are these stateless people?
    Do you genuinely not understand what the poster meant by this or are you being obtuse for some seemingly pointless reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

mike_ie wrote: »
    Admin: User has been sitebanned for the above comments. Opinion is fine, thinly veiled racial slurs and racist diatribes, not so much.

Thinly veiled? Haha ye subtle like a brick through glass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

c_man wrote: »
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the media does report on tweets all the time.

Ah yes, the Irish Meeja.
    Wholly dependent and in the backpockets of private enterprise who pay their advertising revenue and own most of it. Or paid for by the taxpayer and haven't had to even try for decades and it shows.
    Their primary function is to function as mouthpieces for their paymasters and write "reviews" (advertising pieces) of whatever is on sale from their sponsors.
    When they do attempt proper journalism, it's so cringeworthy it's not even funny anymore, it's like something out of Brass Eye.
    Or just copy and paste from Twitter, Facebook and even Boards (or even Reddit) when they run out of gossip about whatever Z List is doing the rounds right now.
    About as useful as the Pope's Balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nokotan wrote: »
    Do you genuinely not understand what the poster meant by this or are you being obtuse for some seemingly pointless reason?

I know he wanted to say black, but didn't have the courage to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Being a resident of Balbriggan I inevitably saw the photos that were connected with the father and son incident. From what's being said it's not a gang based in Balbriggan, rather one from another part of Dublin that seemingly travels out and cases trouble in an area that isn't their back yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

endacl wrote: »

Looks like a very poorly edited headline.
    Fictional gangs, of varying types, appear commonly in comics, films, literature, television series, and video games. This is an alphabetical list of them.

It then goes on to list, in various categories, real world recognized criminal gang organizations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They're gangs every city. The problem is parents thinking their Johnny is the Sunshine of the Day. A good kick up the hole would be start. Oops sorry you can't touch them now, they might die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They're gangs every city. The problem is parents thinking their Johnny is the Sunshine of the Day. A good kick up the hole would be start. Oops sorry you can't touch them now, they might die.

I grew up in Jobstown in the late 80s, early 90s. Joyriding was an epidemic, burnt out cars a nightly occurrence, drugs problems rife and gangs on every corner.

Not a single 'non-national involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Being a resident of Balbriggan I inevitably saw the photos that were connected with the father and son incident. From what's being said it's not a gang based in Balbriggan, rather one from another part of Dublin that seemingly travels out and cases trouble in an area that isn't their back yard.

What’s the other part of Dublin?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement