Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-National "Gangs" rioting in Balbriggan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What’s the other part of Dublin?

It was mentioned that they were coming from Tyrrelstown.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've heard the same, they have also been causing hassle in T-Town and Blanch. Hassle is probably a tame word though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Balbriggan has it all.... Non National gangs Rioting....Travellers wrecking Pubs ...

Obviously none of Fine Gaels Super rich Masterminds live in Balbriggan...might have to build a wall to protect Skerries though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Being a resident of Balbriggan I inevitably saw the photos that were connected with the father and son incident. From what's being said it's not a gang based in Balbriggan, rather one from another part of Dublin that seemingly travels out and cases trouble in an area that isn't their back yard.

Black Travellers?

I think you won AH Bingo.

I thought balbriggan was where all the embassy’s are ?

I thought balbriggan was where all the embassy’s are ?

ballsbridge?

Grayson wrote: »
    Black Travellers?

I think you won AH Bingo.

I don't believe I mentioned any such thing. You may need to clean your screen.

ballsbridge?

D’uh! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

511 wrote: »
    You take Africans out of Africa, but take the African out of Africans. Europe's civility is the product of tens of thousands of years of evolution in temperate climate zone.

There's a couple of things I want to add here.

While there are differences in race (IQ, personality, propensity to certain diseases etc), there are a number of problems coming from Irish people that exacerbate this.

For example, take Rotherham. Rotherham was done by men of Muslim/Pakistan origin but at the same time, you had a whole public sector/bureaucracy who refused to acknowledge the problem and enforce the law, which in turn allowed these sick in the head lads to keep doing what they were doing.

This is why I predict there will be a Rotherham in this country. Francis Fitzgerald's emails and Ballbriggan come from the same place; a system of public sector negligence allowing the whole thing to happen.

The alt right lads need to realize that this has been happening for more reasons than just tribalism or group differences and all of that. They are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

That’s a hella trip. On public transport its a bus to Connolly, or a bus to a train on the maynooth line then a train to Connolly, then a train to Balbriggan. Then they wreck the place, go back to the train station wait around, train to Connolly, train to Coolmine after 20 minutes, then the bus to tyrellstown.

Probably locals.

For example, take Rotherham. Rotherham was done by men of Muslim/Pakistan origin but at the same time, you had a whole public sector/bureaucracy who refused to acknowledge the problem and enforce the law, which in turn allowed these sick in the head lads to keep doing what they were doing.

This is why I predict there will be a Rotherham in this country. Francis Fitzgerald's emails and Ballbriggan come from the same place; a system of public sector negligence allowing the whole thing to happen

There was far greater family breakdown in the UK areas where the girls were groomed. It’s because they didn’t have much in the way of family that the girls were easy pickings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tayschren

Balbriggan is gone to fvck the last 20 years, because of the fingal county councils decision to dump an above average amount of people requiring social housing into it there was inevitably an influx of travellers and blacks(groups with above average social housing requirements).
    There is a very low socioeconomic spread in the town now which brings with it problems seen anywhere people are struggling, low level street crime,drugs and drinking issues, cheap badly built housing and not enough policing have contributed to a significant increase in gangs of feril teenagers wandering around the town doing what unsupervised badly brought up teenage males of any race or creed do(cause trouble).

And to make matters worse the gob****s in balbriggan voted in a Sinn Feinn TD who never stepped foot in the town before the election and drops over for the odd meeting of bull**** politics that sinn fein organise.

So to summarise, the town has more than its fair share of people from low socioeconomic background, feck all policing and now political support (its own doing).

And yes the recent incidents are black gangs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Apparently they've been evicted from there so not coming from there anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

the vast estates and low tower block flats in balbriggan going from the main street towards the M1 are like something from the Soviet Union in the eighties ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

So, there doesn't appear to have been a riot, and while "a gang of youths" showed up to cause trouble at a silent protest, all there is to go on is a facebook post of dubious authenticity, a ridiculous over-the-top clickbait title and a couple of racist posters being arses. While there may well be a gang of thugs in the area, there's not a shred of proof of the scary black gangs that are being mooted with such glee.

Folks, if yis can't see the wind-up exactly as has been going on in the US and UK for the past couple of years, don't feel too superior as to how the Trumpists and Brexiters fell for made-up or wildly exaggerated dog whistles.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Why is 31% of this place Non Ethnic Irish?

Samaris wrote: »
    So, there doesn't appear to have been a riot, and while "a gang of youths" showed up to cause trouble at a silent protest, all there is to go on is a facebook post of dubious authenticity, a ridiculous over-the-top clickbait title and a couple of racist posters being arses. While there may well be a gang of thugs in the area, there's not a shred of proof of the scary black gangs that are being mooted with such glee.

Folks, if yis can't see the wind-up exactly as has been going on in the US and UK for the past couple of years, don't feel too superior as to how the Trumpists and Brexiters fell for made-up or wildly exaggerated dog whistles.

I think the kind of person who likes this sort of story is the kind that thinks Trump is right and everything we hear is fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

dav3 wrote: »
    Ah yes, good to see the racists getting worked up over facebook posts again. It's been a couple of days, I was getting worried.

If anyone is genuinely interested in the latest figures for Balbriggan.

http://census.cso.ie/p7map12/

There were 91 African nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN URBAN (04003) in 2016 compared with 213 in 2011.

There were 470 African nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN RURAL (04002) in 2016 compared with 1,118 in 2011.

and

There were 70 Asian nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN URBAN (04003) in 2016 compared with 77 in 2011.

There were 136 Asian nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN RURAL (04002) in 2016 compared with 192 in 2011.

You can quote those figures as fact to any racist scumbags who try to tell you otherwise.

...but by 2025 there'll be umpteen billion of them, yer ma will be wearing a burqa and the angelus will be gone, replaced by a minutes silence and a picture of mugabe.

Whats the problem?

Odhinn wrote: »

Whats the problem?
    31% of non Irish seems like a rather large number for any place in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I'm up in Fancourt heights, no trouble up my way! The only black person we see up there is the coalman. I do see the youngfellas acting the prick and forming gangs if thats what you like to call them and these so called gangs are purely divided along racial lines if anyone local says otherwise it's bull****. Calling them gangs on print and social media only fuels the fire, and makes the kids worse.

I'm up in Fancourt heights, no trouble up my way! The only black person we see up there is the coalman. I do see the youngfellas acting the prick and forming gangs if thats what you like to call them,Calling them gangs on print and social media only fuels the fire.

I was in a gang once. I was 7. I was in the warlord/victor gane (they were comics. Our enemies were the beano gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Black lesbian muslim bloggers ftw

I think the kind of person who likes this sort of story is the kind that thinks Trump is right and everything we hear is fake news.

The very definition of straw man arguments.

I doubt the hysteria too but would like to hear from locals rather than from pontificators on both sides of the cultural divide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Here is an interview with the organiser & others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Raw footage below. Be afraid, be very afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Nah, it's not 31%.

I wouldn't worry about it anyway. With a united Ireland an inevitability at this stage, the figure will drop even further with all those UK 'non ethnic Irish' now counted as Irish.

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Here is an interview with the organiser & others

Get the boys to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

The very definition of straw man arguments.

I doubt the hysteria too but would like to hear from locals rather than from pontificators on both sides of the cultural divide.

Local up above gave his view. It seemed surprisingly lacking in roaming gangs of Africans. But anyone can claim to be a local - I live around the corner and you can't move for traditional Zulu weaponry, that's how I know they are Africans*

But yeah, exact same method used in US social media. It was nice when Ireland was of too little importance to get this level of troll-meddling.

*No, I don't, and there is an equal amount of bull**** on that statement as there is to the title of this thread.

I was in a gang once. I was 7. I was in the warlord/victor gane (they were comics. Our enemies were the beano gang.

Until desperate Dan turned up an kicked seven shades outta yiz! Dennis the menace hid up a tree, gnashing took off running and Walter the Softy was the only one that had the cajones to hold the fort until jock the geordie deftly dispatched him with a sock filled with batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ah yes, good to see the racists getting worked up over facebook posts again. It's been a couple of days, I was getting worried.

If anyone is genuinely interested in the latest figures for Balbriggan.

http://census.cso.ie/p7map12/

There were 91 African nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN URBAN (04003) in 2016 compared with 213 in 2011.

There were 470 African nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN RURAL (04002) in 2016 compared with 1,118 in 2011.

and

There were 70 Asian nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN URBAN (04003) in 2016 compared with 77 in 2011.

There were 136 Asian nationals in the electoral division of BALBRIGGAN RURAL (04002) in 2016 compared with 192 in 2011.

You can quote those figures as fact to any racist scumbags who try to tell you otherwise.

Quite literally, all that means is that they've gotten their Irish citizenship. There is in no way, shape or form less people of African descent in Balbriggan nowadays.

What I think they were getting at is that if they're citizens, then they're not non nationals.

Samaris wrote: »
    Local up above gave his view. It seemed surprisingly lacking in roaming gangs of Africans. But anyone can claim to be a local - I live around the corner and you can't move for traditional Zulu weaponry, that's how I know they are Africans*

Tis true that the slash hook and hurley are formidable in close quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Anyone know whats going on in Balbriggan ?

Its all over facebook that there are "gangs" of Non-Nationals gone rioting in Balbriggan.

Well mop it up then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Odhinn wrote: »
    Tis true that the slash hook and hurley are formidable in close quarters.

Not to mention the wooden spoon!

hurler32 wrote: »
    the vast estates and low tower block flats in balbriggan going from the main street towards the M1 are like something from the Soviet Union in the eighties ....

What flats are these? I can't seem to recall any like that and I drive towards the M1 every morning. Have you been to Balbriggan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

With a united Ireland an inevitability

I will have some of what you're having

Hoboo wrote: »
    Not to mention the wooden spoon!

A few smacks of a wooden spoon would probably sort the whole thing out! They're only kids at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Quite literally, all that means is that they've gotten their Irish citizenship. There is in no way, shape or form less people of African descent in Balbriggan nowadays.

There were 90 African nationals in the electoral division of BLANCHARDSTOWN-TYRRELSTOWN (04015) in 2016 compared with 143 in 2011.

There were 490 African nationals in the electoral division of BLANCHARDSTOWN-BLAKESTOWN (04009) in 2016 compared with 1,743 in 2011.

There were 185 African nationals in the electoral division of BLANCHARDSTOWN-COOLMINE (04010) in 2016 compared with 276 in 2011.

There were 76 African nationals in the electoral division of BLANCHARDSTOWN-MULHUDDART (04013) in 2016 compared with 258 in 2011.

It’s pretty much everywhere. Oh, hold on…

In the leafy D4 suburbs.

There were 33 African nationals in the electoral division of PEMBROKE WEST B (02131) in 2016 compared with 22 in 2011.

There were 40 African nationals in the electoral division of PEMBROKE WEST C (02132) in 2016 compared with 26 in 2011.

65,078 Black people in Ireland in 2011
    64,639 Black people in Ireland in 2016

There are fewer black people in Ireland now than at the start of the decade. Perhaps these ‘Africans’ are getting their Irish citizenship and turning white at the same time?

I don't know. You can't even create a racist private facebook group these days without being called racist or having the Gardaí kick your door in in a few weeks time. It's PC gone mad.

Obviously there's some sort of conspiracy at foot in the CSO from top to bottom funded by Soros. It couldn't just be the fact that racist sh*tstains have somehow managed to convince dumb f*cking yokels that they're being overrun by blacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Who at you kidding?:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jack hackett

Foreign nationals are great especially Nigerians

A few smacks of a wooden spoon would probably sort the whole thing out! They're only kids at the end of the day.

Baseball bats wouldnt sort them out. Im from just outside Balbriggan with friends in the town, meant to be a group of nasty little B******S.

https://stjohntheevangelistns.scoilnet.ie/blog/files/2011/10/CIMG09661.jpg

Heres Sam MaGuire on a road trip to Nigeria, only joking its St Johns school in Lucan!

What flats are these? I can't seem to recall any like that and I drive towards the M1 every morning. Have you been to Balbriggan?

Your a local kintaro, I think the poster might be referring to the poxy looking blocks at the junction of Harry Reynolds rd/ Moylaragh Rd. They are fairly grim looking in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

There were 90 African nationals in the electoral division of BLANCHARDSTOWN-TYRRELSTOWN (04015) in 2016 compared with 143 in 2011.

There were 490 African nationals in the electoral division of BLANCHARDSTOWN-BLAKESTOWN (04009) in 2016 compared with 1,743 in 2011.

There were 185 African nationals in the electoral division of BLANCHARDSTOWN-COOLMINE (04010) in 2016 compared with 276 in 2011.

There were 76 African nationals in the electoral division of BLANCHARDSTOWN-MULHUDDART (04013) in 2016 compared with 258 in 2011.

It’s pretty much everywhere. Oh, hold on…

In the leafy D4 suburbs.

There were 33 African nationals in the electoral division of PEMBROKE WEST B (02131) in 2016 compared with 22 in 2011.

There were 40 African nationals in the electoral division of PEMBROKE WEST C (02132) in 2016 compared with 26 in 2011.

65,078 Black people in Ireland in 2011
    64,639 Black people in Ireland in 2016

There are fewer black people in Ireland now than at the start of the decade. Perhaps these ‘Africans’ are getting their Irish citizenship and turning white at the same time?

I don't know. You can't even create a racist private facebook group these days without being called racist or having the Gardaí kick your door in in a few weeks time. It's PC gone mad.

Obviously there's some sort of conspiracy at foot in the CSO from top to bottom funded by Soros. It couldn't just be the fact that racist sh*tstains have somehow managed to convince dumb f*cking yokels that they're being overrun by blacks.

Maybe they are feckin off to the UK with their treasured Irish (meaning European) citizenship.
    So much for the Irish Time's beloved " new Irish". How they must laugh at the Irish themed citizenship ceremony.

• Advertisement

quintana76 wrote: »
    Maybe they are feckin off to the UK with their treasured Irish (meaning European) citizenship.
    So much for the Irish Time's beloved " new Irish". How they must laugh at the Irish themed citizenship ceremony.
    You'll need more straws.

Your a local kintaro, I think the poster might be referring to the poxy looking blocks at the junction of Harry Reynolds rd/ Moylaragh Rd. They are fairly grim looking in fairness.

Wouldn't say they're Soviet Union like though, no different to anywhere else in Ireland.

You cant just paint everyone with the same brush, I'm sure theres loads of white people over in a suburb of Lagos all creating anti social behavior, actually wait.....

You cant just paint everyone with the same brush, I'm sure theres loads of white people over in a suburb of Lagos all creating anti social behavior, actually wait.....
    Yeah I know, it's about as real as the riot in Balbriggan last night. I heard samurais were involved. Muslim Samurais from Nigeria who were actually Roma with fake Polish passports.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Yeah I know, it's about as real as the riot in Balbriggan last night. I heard samurais were involved. Muslim Samurais from Nigeria who were actually Roma with fake Polish passports.

Those Roma, up to no good again

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement