Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

To all the fans that made it over and couldn't go: Good. As stated before: I hate you all.

Nah, all seriousness, sorry to hear that folks. I hope ye manage to catch something fun this evening and aren't too much out of pocket. F*ckit, ye are there, meet up. Have commiseration drinks and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

To all the fans that made it over and couldn't go: Good. As stated before: I hate you all.

Nah, all seriousness, sorry to hear that folks. I hope ye manage to catch something fun this evening and aren't too much out of pocket. F*ckit, ye are there, meet up. Have commiseration drinks and have fun.

Go to the Stones in twics stadium but it's a far bit out from Central London

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm due to see them in Milan on Friday... Really nervous now about whether it will go ahead or not

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

I’m here now at the pearl jamm gig. Have high hopes lol. Thank god I have Barcelona to look forward too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Telling yis now, this 'sickness postponement' is a smoke screen - The real reason is that the boys had no idea how to top last night's interstellar show :D

It was a brilliant gig ,hairs on the back of the neck for most of the night .
    They played 5 songs off Ten which was great although they played both ,Why Go and Deep and omitted both Once and Jeremy which was strange.

• Advertisement

Can't stop listening to songs played Monday particularly Of the girl (First time hearing that song Monday),Off he goes, Why go

Really hope they do a bigger tour in 2019 and play Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The bug has hit!

Tbh I don't see a longer tour happening again. They're older, they can pick and choose gigs, they'll limit the length of tours and take bigger gaps. Sands of time ain't going up the hour glass! A similar length tour with different countries be great.

Mushy wrote: »
    The bug has hit!

Tbh I don't see a longer tour happening again. They're older, they can pick and choose gigs, they'll limit the length of tours and take bigger gaps. Sands of time ain't going up the hour glass! A similar length tour with different countries be great.

Its scary to think Eddie was not 100% Monday night but still sounded great

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Any suggestions of where to get PJ t-shirt in Dublin? City centre preferably. I know about that place in Stephens Green. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Celtise wrote: »
    Any suggestions of where to get PJ t-shirt in Dublin? City centre preferably. I know about that place in Stephens Green. TIA

You're going to wear the tshirt of the band you're going to see?

Don't be that guy.

• Advertisement

Merch was not that great last Monday. The event shirt was cool but sold out quick

The Nal wrote: »

Don't be that guy.

Present for OH. Planned our holidays around PJ dates so he could see them.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Merch was not that great last Monday. The event shirt was cool but sold out quick

I noticed that alright, disappointed. All grey and black stuff.

Might have to suck it up and ship the poster home, it can join the other 6/7 gig posters not yet framed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'm hoping for Berlin that we'll have very organised and efficient merchandise/will call/entry queues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Am going to the Rome gig. Just noticed that the time printed on the ticket is 9pm - I'm wondering does that mean doors open at 9pm, or the gig starts then?

Usually they print the doors open time on tickets. Does anyone have any experience of Italian gigs, do they start later? Thinking as it's outdoor with the heat, they may start later. Just don't want to be standing around for hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Don't be that guy.

Live and let live man. Half your comments are such negative snarky ****e.

How come they have seats behind the stage at shows ???

Are they cheaper tickets or some sort of Vip ??? The band done Last Kiss facing them last Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

He's back singing anyway. Sounds OK!

I assume it was short due to being a festival?

Still had Mankind, I got Id and Immortality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Don't be that guy.

Is this a thing now? Youre not a proper fan if you do wear their tshirt at their gig?
    Gowayan****e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I read on the fan page that they were 20 minutes late on stage so that might have been a factor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

I’m lost. What’s wrong with wearing the T-shirt of your favourite band?? Especially when your going to see them. I must be missing something here.

Looking forward to seeing some footage of tonight’s gig. I’m counting down the days till Barcelona after the disappointment of Tuesdays being cancelled.

I was planning on buying the vest top to wear to Barca but obviously didn’t get too. So I’ll just have to wear my 2014 t, like I did on Tuesday 😂

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How come they have seats behind the stage at shows ???

Are they cheaper tickets or some sort of Vip ??? The band done Last Kiss facing them last Monday

Pearl Jam always sell the seats behind the stage ,I think its a great spot to be ,especially side on .
    They are slightly cheaper seats I think but Pearl Jam use a fairly flat pricing structure ,usually all the seats in the building are around the same price.

Pearl Jam always sell the seats behind the stage ,I think its a great spot to be ,especially side on .
    They are slightly cheaper seats I think but Pearl Jam use a fairly flat pricing structure ,usually all the seats in the building are around the same price.

Trying to remember but they didn't have the back seats on the seating plan for the o2 but could 've wrong ??

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Don't be that guy.

What am I missing here? Is it not cool to wear a bands t shirt to their gig now? Nobody told the crowd in London. PJ shirts everywhere with a nice mix of Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog and Alice In Chains shirts. I couldnt wear my Pearl Jam shirt cos its from 2014 and it doesn't cover my gut anymore.

Don't be that guy.

Not that I was counting, but there was at least 8000 of those guys, and gals, in Amsterdam at each gig last week. It actually made me feel a bit under-dressed in my plain t-shirts.

The only rule I'm aware of in that respect is 'If you play, don't wear your own band's t-shirt'.

But sure, each to their own.
    ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Berlin that we'll have very organised and efficient merchandise/will call/entry queues!

Same here. I don't do the merch thing, but the lines for 10c ticket collection at the Ziggo Dome (and reportedly London) were a joke.

I'm hopeful about Berlin though. 10C will be setting out their own tables and gazebos in an open area (similar to Wuhlheide if you're familiar with that set-up) and will have better control over the operation.

It seems that 10C struggle at venues which have custom-built booths and box offices like the Ziggo Dome and O2. That's at least my experience over the years. When they can set out their own stall outside a venue with lots of space, like in Berlin's open air venues, I've never found ticket collection to be a problem.

Very nice setlist tonight in Padua .
    They even played Baba O'Riley .

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

N
    Same here. I don't do the merch thing, but the lines for 10c ticket collection at the Ziggo Dome (and reportedly London) were a joke.
    My experience in London was that we arrived twenty minutes before colletion start, decided to avoid long queue and selected closest terrace and had two pints there. Then back to collection queue and it took like ten minutes to get our tickets. Not bad.

Pearl Jam t-shirts are always so horrible that they really should change their designer.

Got some nice PJ tshirts in George's St Arcade over the weekend. Good quality. OH delighted. Roll on Madrid.

• Advertisement

Celtise wrote: »
    Got some nice PJ tshirts in George's St Arcade over the weekend. Good quality. OH delighted. Roll on Madrid.

i got the aztec kind of logo shirt last weekend, the london event shirt with the bulldog logo was sold out

any bootlegs of the london gig around ??

Advertisement