Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They played 5 songs off Ten which was great although they played both ,Why Go and Deep and omitted both Once and Jeremy which was strange.

Actually they played 6 songs off Ten ,I miscounted .
    Jeremy was on the setlist too but they played Last Kiss instead ,a pity .

Would have been Jeremy-Black-Alive in the encore ,manna from heaven.
    7 off Ten that would have been something special ,still 6 was more than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Loads of Yield in Rome - 6 or 7 I think. Well, I suppose in a 37 song set list that amounts to a small percentage, but it seemed to be a good few at the time.

Anyone for Krakow as well as Berlin? I'm heading off on Monday. I land in Krakow late enough, but hopefully still in time to take in some of the pre-party. I've booked my Airbnb close to the party venue for this purpose.

I don't land in Berlin from Krakow until 10:30pm on Wednesday, so will unfortunately miss the pre-party at Baumhaus. I reckon this will be a great night. The party in Berlin Yaam bar 2012 was a magical night for many involved, and I'm disappointed not to be able to make it to Baumhaus.

I might see you Mushy or some of the rest of you around Waldbuhne on gig day. If we get the current Irish weather for that, it's gonna be a fun vibe about the grounds building up to the gig.

Just out of interest, did any of you attend the Dubin pre-party in 2010? It came up in my facebook memories there a few days ago. Great night that, but it's been way too long since Pearl Jam visited the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    So jealous

The whole thing was streamed last night, mostly good quality too. It was seriously epic. The dream setlist really!!
    Hi you don't know if there is copy of the stream online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone for Krakow as well as Berlin? I'm heading off on Monday. I land in Krakow late enough, but hopefully still in time to take in some of the pre-party. I've booked my Airbnb close to the party venue for this purpose.

I don't land in Berlin from Krakow until 10:30pm on Wednesday, so will unfortunately miss the pre-party at Baumhaus. I reckon this will be a great night. The party in Berlin Yaam bar 2012 was a magical night for many involved, and I'm disappointed not to be able to make it to Baumhaus.

I might see you Mushy or some of the rest of you around Waldbuhne on gig day. If we get the current Irish weather for that, it's gonna be a fun vibe about the grounds building up to the gig.

Just out of interest, did any of you attend the Dubin pre-party in 2010? It came up in my facebook memories there a few days ago. Great night that, but it's been way too long since Pearl Jam visited the island.

Yeah think will trek around Olympic park that day, never went out there.

Was the 2010 one under Tara Street? I was at some party thing that night there, was excellent craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

rtron wrote: »
    Hi you don't know if there is copy of the stream online anywhere?

If you got to "Pearl Jam in Concert" on Facebook. They have a few 10/15 min vids.

Radio Terronia Rock was the stream I was watching. Covers the concert up until the first encore break. Here's a direct link
    https://www.facebook.com/radioterroniarock/videos/1855804994723865/?hc_location=ufi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

For anyone that's been to a Waldbuhne concert before, what's the story with standing/seating etc? As the tickets are GA I presume it's first come first serve? Would the first arrivals get wristbands for standing?

Any logistical info is much appreciated! We'll likely be there for gates either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I’ve seen Neil Young in Wahlbuhne before. It’s a great venue.

It’s a free for all when the gates open so get there early. There is free seating but first come first served. There was no pit

Regarding the Berlin gig, do we need to print tickets? I probably will anyway just in case, but was under the impression I didn't have to

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mushy wrote: »
    Regarding the Berlin gig, do we need to print tickets? I probably will anyway just in case, but was under the impression I didn't have to

It says this on the ticket
    Print this ticket in high quality on a standard sheet
    of paper (in colour or b/w). Please make sure that
    the QR-code and the figures to the right of it are
    legible.
    Keep your ticket in a safe place and bring it to
    the event. Your ticket will be scanned and
    validated at the entrance. Have a good time!
    tickets.de

• Advertisement

It says this on the ticket

Cheers, mine is fully in German so wasn't sure.

Need to find a good beer garden the Friday for the world cup now, some games that day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

More tickets on sale for London

Unreal set again tonight in Poland!

About to set off ourselves, long journey ahead but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Great gig in Krakow last night,spotted Tri colour up in seating area at back.stage could do with being a tiny bit higher up though.

A lot of rarities and requests played last night! Was hoping they wouldn't play Ledbetter so we were in for a chance of it in Berlin

My brother is in Berlin now, says its HOT.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

He isn't wrong, struggled today big time. If it's like this tomorrow, I hope there's shade in the venue.

Came back to hotel round 6 after being out, missed the pre-party thing. Save ourselves for the real thing I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads does anyone know if bags are allowed into the gig tomorrow?

Makes the thoughts of queueing tomorrow a bit of a nightmare!

Going to head over around 12 to pick up the tickets. If the queue for posters is ridiculous, probably head off somewhere for the afternoon

Lads does anyone know if bags are allowed into the gig tomorrow?

A4 size allowed, was some email sent on Monday!

Be no queuing, just go in after doors open, hopefully get decent spot

4am start!

Excited!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

He isn't wrong, struggled today big time. If it's like this tomorrow, I hope there's shade in the venue.

Came back to hotel round 6 after being out, missed the pre-party thing. Save ourselves for the real thing I guess

Same..went to brandenburg gate and couple of other spots..thought wed be grand with the weather weve had in Ireland but its on a different level of humid here..although still sitting in hotel bar with a beer..bed very soon..Roll on tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Any of you lot going to Barcelona ?

Lads will it be tough to get a standing spot here tonight?

Magnificent gig lads. I thought the joke of a queue system outside would put a dampener on the night but EV is just the most magical man alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Any of you lot going to Barcelona ?

I am. Can’t wait especially after travelling over to London for the cancelled night 2.

Magnificent gig lads. I thought the joke of a queue system outside would put a dampener on the night but EV is just the most magical

That queue was a shambles. Landed bout 4.30, nice ordely queue for gig/beers, but we just went straight ahead. Then hundreds heading into corner. Wife's bag got thrown in the bin, it was smaller than a3 but they were that anal. Was only a scarf and purse in it too so dunno what the deal was.

Gig was immense. Sometimes was great, but lost it for Thumbing My Way. Was up towards back, seated mostly, had fun and great venue

That queue was a shambles. Landed bout 4.30, nice ordely queue for gig/beers, but we just went straight ahead. Then hundreds heading into corner. Wife's bag got thrown in the bin, it was smaller than a3 but they were that anal. Was only a scarf and purse in it too so dunno what the deal was.

Gig was immense. Sometimes was great, but lost it for Thumbing My Way. Was up towards back, seated mostly, had fun and great venue

We didn’t arrive til 6 and the taxi dropped us on the wrong side, so we had to hike around the hills behind the stage to get to the entrance! Then the que at the front was a U shape across the street, which made it easy for hundreds to skip it. I was fuming but without the language I didn’t really want to get in an argument with people.

Glad you enjoyed it, we were also sitting down the back but the atmosphere and behaviour of the crowd were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Jgordo wrote: »
    I am. Can’t wait especially after travelling over to London for the cancelled night 2.

Hi JGordo. When did your Barca ticket arrive? I couldn't get anything when they went on sale originally so finally decided to sell my soul to Satan and bought one on Ticketwave *spit*. It only arrived a few days ago. I was bouncing off the walls thinking that the seller was trying to screw me over but Customer Support in Seatwave told me that apparently it's normal practice with Spanish gigs that they don't send out the tix until the week before the gig. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Hi JGordo. When did your Barca ticket arrive? I couldn't get anything when they went on sale originally so finally decided to sell my soul to Satan and bought one on Ticketwave *spit*. It only arrived a few days ago. I was bouncing off the walls thinking that the seller was trying to screw me over but Customer Support in Seatwave told me that apparently it's normal practice with Spanish gigs that they don't send out the tix until the week before the gig. Mental.

I bought mine on ticketmaster.es and I think they were there to print out pretty much straight away. I’ve crappy seats though, in the rafters I think, was considering buying better ones as there’s a few on the Facebook page but I have standing for the rescheduled London gig so might just see what it’s like form a different angle!!

• Advertisement

We didn’t arrive til 6 and the taxi dropped us on the wrong side, so we had to hike around the hills behind the stage to get to the entrance! Then the que at the front was a U shape across the street, which made it easy for hundreds to skip it. I was fuming but without the language I didn’t really want to get in an argument with people.

Glad you enjoyed it, we were also sitting down the back but the atmosphere and behaviour of the crowd were brilliant.

Yeah we arrived at about 4.30, could see a normal queue and then also a massive funnel-style thing that we joined. Seemed to be some metal railing there that means they have to funnel it. Ridiculous set up, made Irish ones look good.

Agree with the last bit, so nice to be at a gig in shorts, such a great setting for it

Advertisement